Thread: Empowered Items

Default Empowered Items

It is currently imbedded with the Spirit Barrier spell.
    It has 18 charges. It is empowered and can be charged for an additional 600.
    It could be activated by rubbing it.
    It will persist after its last magical charge has been expended.
    It appears to weigh about 2 pounds.
    It is estimated to be worth about 16,000 silvers.

So this "empowered" thing is new to me. Last time I saw a piece of jewelry that had a spell in it I liked I tried to charge it up with a wizard and after a few attempts of charging it turned green and the item was ruined. It was a pretty skilled wizard too as far as skills/stats. How is one supposed to get 600 charges in this thing safely?

merchant I'd guess

no its 600 charges until it wont hold anything else but they cant be all at once, you have to use the charges then refill, you can do that up to 600 total uses

oh, so it maxes at 18 charges and I use it until its out. Then I fill it back up to 18 and keep repeating the process.

And then one day I will have added a total of 600 charges over time and then it will die?

It takes up to 600 charges at once, in theory, if im not mistaken. It's just impossible to pass the skill checks needed to do so in practice. In the case of the wizard charging it here, their charging skill was not high enough to overcome the failure (green).

But yeah, you basically treat a ME item exactly the same as you would a MR item except the ME eventually can't be recharged more.

Wehnimer's Landing / Cold River (Hinterwilds)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    merchant I'd guess
    Merchants can refill them, but they cannot take them over a max of 40 charges. Found this out when I won in both recharging raffles at the Premium festival this year. Have an empowered item, first refill took it up to 40 charges, the next time the GM OOCed to me that merchants are not allowed to recharge empowerables above 40 charges.

I could be wrong about how high you can charge it and they cap at 40 at any given time. Maybe I will test sometime.