Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BUYER BEWARE!! Journey's End Shop in Illi selling 5 day encum potions at 30 day price

1. Default

C'mon Neveragain. There are some things that are so ubiquitous that you shouldn't need to inspect to "make sure" its the right item. If someone is holding out themselves as selling heroism scrolls/mangled spoons, etc, but leaves out they are used and only have one charge left, is that cool and honest? Would you bottle up tap/hose water and sell it with a nice branded label as "bottled water"? Would you be cool selling either to a family member or colleague in game?

There is an understanding that these named items have common characteristics, and to clearly take advantage of this particular bug is a lie by omission.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    C'mon Neveragain. There are some things that are so ubiquitous that you shouldn't need to inspect to "make sure" its the right item. If someone is holding out themselves as selling heroism scrolls/mangled spoons, etc, but leaves out they are used and only have one charge left, is that cool and honest? Would you bottle up tap/hose water and sell it with a nice branded label as "bottled water"? Would you be cool selling either to a family member or colleague in game?

There is an understanding that these named items have common characteristics, and to clearly take advantage of this particular bug is a lie by omission.
    Like I said, the seller took advantage of other peoples laziness.

If the buyer goes to a GM and asks for a return on his silvers, what is the GM's answer going to be? (We've added the inspect verb to player shops to protect the buyer, so we can't refund the silvers)

Has the merchant violated any policies? (no)

The buyer neglected to uphold their responsibility, SIMU failed in quality control, it's certainly not a bug.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

3. Default

I know I was catfished on the item. Im not looking to get my money back BUT I will attempt to have the GM give me the full 60 days worth of encumbrance. if I get it great if not well that suck's. MY main goal I am trying to push with all this is that the GM's recognise that QC failed on the release of this item and the GM should be held accounted for it. Also that they should IMMEDIATLY change the description of it to something OTHER than a silvery blue potion OR change all the 5 day potions to 30 day potions and omit them completely and never bring them back.
    Discord:Captain Aar Matey#1339

It always amazes me how many folks go around ripping people off for small sums of money. We don’t need to tar and feather, this person probably has a pretty awful life already if they are willing to sell their integrity for a couple dollars.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dud View Post
    It always amazes me how many folks go around ripping people off for small sums of money. We don’t need to tar and feather, this person probably has a pretty awful life already if they are willing to sell their integrity for a couple dollars.
    Wellll....... I figured out who own the shop.... whats this tell everyone?!

>Journey's End, Lobby

Alastir's Shop is located in [Ta'Illistim, Mzaarine Bazaar] at a majestic silvery elven keep, and is currently open for business.

6. Default

A GM informed me that if you do shop directory (town) then click on the shop you want to brows at the very top of the shop inventory it will tell you who the owner of the shop is. So if you ever need to find a shop owner about a item located in a shop... Thats how you get the name...

You can use the SHOP BROWSE TA'ILLISTIM {SHOP#} command to browse the inventory of a particular shop.

>Journey's End, Lobby

Alastir's Shop is located in [Ta'Illistim, Mzaarine Bazaar] at a majestic silvery elven keep, and is currently open for business.

Journey's End, Lobby (entry)

In a heavy lead glass display case:
    476852138) a large locker expansion contract for 50,000,000 silver
    15480553) an urchin guide contract for 1,000,000 silver (50 available)
    15480540) an urchin guide contract for 1,000,000 silver (50 available)
    164079) an urchin guide contract for 1,000,000 silver (50 available)

Journey's End, Showroom (east)

In a heavy lead glass display case:
    15493619) an urchin guide contract for 1,000,000 silver (50 available)
    164097) a silvery blue potion for 750,000 silver (10 available)
    164096) a silvery blue potion for 750,000 silver (37 available)

ALL 5 day Potions
    Last edited by Captain Aar Matey; 09-11-2022 at 11:45 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Aar Matey View Post
    Wellll....... I figured out who own the shop.... whats this tell everyone?!

>Journey's End, Lobby

weird for sure

8. Default

Got ahold of him and after explaining to him the situation about them he DID give me back a refund on the items and also agreed that it was dumb to release them with the same description.
    He states that he DID know that they were only 5 day potions BUT was listing them off of the current price of what other people had them listed for on the Playershop website and not aware of the price they sell for on the SIMUCOIN store. Will he change the price on the remainder? Who knows... but for now the battle continues on with the GM's in getting the description changed and to tighten up QC on released items in the future...

Alastir arrives, guided by an urchin, who nods to Alastir and quickly takes off.
    >
    Alastir just gave you 1,500,000 coins which you quickly pocket.
    >
    Alastir seems hesitant, looking unsure of himself.
    >
    Alastir seems slightly different.
    >
    Alastir asks, "Good?"
    >praise alast
    You praise Alastir.
    >"yes thank you
    You monotonously say, "Yes thank you."
    >
    Alastir nods.
    >
    Alastir waves.
    >
    Shadowy tendrils rise from the ground and wrap around Alastir's legs as they quickly engulf his entire body. The shadows quickly retreat back into the surroundings, leaving no trace of Alastir.
    Last edited by Captain Aar Matey; 09-12-2022 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Added refund info

Lolz. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Lolz. He knew exactly what he was doing.
    Not at all surprised that it was Alastir.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984