Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BUYER BEWARE!! Journey's End Shop in Illi selling 5 day encum potions at 30 day price

1. Default BUYER BEWARE!! Journey's End Shop in Illi selling 5 day encum potions at 30 day price

So my encumbrance potions expired on my gnome bard in the middle of a hunt so I quickly looked on playershops for more for my character. Listed in the Journey's End shop in Illy are Silvery Blue Potions for 750k each.

a silvery blue potion

You determine that you could not wear the potion.
    It has been mainly crafted out of glass.

Inside of the potion is a silvery blue liquid that almost seems to float upon the air.

Ta'Illistim Journey 750,000

Thinking nothing of it I snatched up a 1.5m note and sent a runner to get one chugged it down and grabbed another and chugged it down until I caught that it said Lasts until 9/18/2022...

s>SHOP PURCHASE 164097
    You call over a nearby urchin and inquire about purchasing a silvery blue potion.
    You exchange a few words with the urchin and hand over a Wehnimer's promissory note valued at 750000 silver to exactly cover the cost of purchase.
    The urchin returns after a while and hands you a silvery blue potion.

[You have 0 runner uses remaining.]
    s>drink my pot
    As you drink, you suddenly feel oddly buoyant.
    [Your net encumbrance will be reduced by 100 pounds until 9/18/2022 16:40:44 CDT.]

WTF'n and wondering what the hell is going on I scroll back up and see that I only got 5 days per sip on a item that has always been 30!!

Digging into it some more and asking on Help channel I come to find out that 5 day potions have been released in the game and they HAVE THE SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION as the 30 day ones!!

IDK how this got by QC but i feel that if you are going to have 2 items that do the same thing but have different durations the description should DEFINITLY be different such as a Silvery Light Blue Potion and a Silvery Dark Blue potion or something of the sorts.

Now, when I did "inquire" on the purchase it DID say it was a 5 day potion....

s> 164097
    You request a thorough inspection of a silvery blue potion from Journey's End, Showroom.

The potion can not be worn.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of glass.

Analysis of a silvery blue potion indicates the creator has provided the following information:

This potion grants an encumbrance reduction of 100 points for 5 days.

It has 1 dose remaining.

DRINK it to redeem the silvery blue potion.
    POUR it into other potions like it to combine doses.

It cannot be altered.

You get no sense of whether or not the potion may be further lightened.

The silvery blue potion will cost 750,000 coins.

You can use SHOP PURCHASE 164097 to purchase the potion.

BUT ive been buying these things since I started this character 6 months or so ago always received 30 day potions so honestly I NEVER would have second guessed it be anything other than a 30 day potion especially since I was paying the 750K price..

Anyways I posted a little thing on the help channel in discord in hopes Wyrom would see it and make a necessary change and multiple people said I should post this on PC to let others know.

So if you are the owner of Journey's End shop I would appreciate it if you got ahold of me about this. Otherwise i guess this is everyone else's fair warning that there are 5 day 100 lb potions out there with the SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION as the 30 day ones and watch out for Bait and switch shop owners!

End of rant.... Comment below...
    Discord:Captain Aar Matey#1339

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Aar Matey View Post
    So my encumbrance potions expired on my gnome bard in the middle of a hunt so I quickly looked on playershops for more for my character. Listed in the Journey's End shop in Illy are Silvery Blue Potions for 750k each.

a silvery blue potion

You determine that you could not wear the potion.
    It has been mainly crafted out of glass.

Inside of the potion is a silvery blue liquid that almost seems to float upon the air.

Ta'Illistim Journey 750,000

Thinking nothing of it I snatched up a 1.5m note and sent a runner to get one chugged it down and grabbed another and chugged it down until I caught that it said Lasts until 9/18/2022...

s>SHOP PURCHASE 164097
    You call over a nearby urchin and inquire about purchasing a silvery blue potion.
    You exchange a few words with the urchin and hand over a Wehnimer's promissory note valued at 750000 silver to exactly cover the cost of purchase.
    The urchin returns after a while and hands you a silvery blue potion.

[You have 0 runner uses remaining.]
    s>drink my pot
    As you drink, you suddenly feel oddly buoyant.
    [Your net encumbrance will be reduced by 100 pounds until 9/18/2022 16:40:44 CDT.]

WTF'n and wondering what the hell is going on I scroll back up and see that I only got 5 days per sip on a item that has always been 30!!

Digging into it some more and asking on Help channel I come to find out that 5 day potions have been released in the game and they HAVE THE SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION as the 30 day ones!!

IDK how this got by QC but i feel that if you are going to have 2 items that do the same thing but have different durations the description should DEFINITLY be different such as a Silvery Light Blue Potion and a Silvery Dark Blue potion or something of the sorts.

Now, when I did "inquire" on the purchase it DID say it was a 5 day potion....

s> 164097
    You request a thorough inspection of a silvery blue potion from Journey's End, Showroom.

The potion can not be worn.
    It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of glass.

Analysis of a silvery blue potion indicates the creator has provided the following information:

This potion grants an encumbrance reduction of 100 points for 5 days.

It has 1 dose remaining.

DRINK it to redeem the silvery blue potion.
    POUR it into other potions like it to combine doses.

It cannot be altered.

You get no sense of whether or not the potion may be further lightened.

The silvery blue potion will cost 750,000 coins.

You can use SHOP PURCHASE 164097 to purchase the potion.

BUT ive been buying these things since I started this character 6 months or so ago always received 30 day potions so honestly I NEVER would have second guessed it be anything other than a 30 day potion especially since I was paying the 750K price..

Anyways I posted a little thing on the help channel in discord in hopes Wyrom would see it and make a necessary change and multiple people said I should post this on PC to let others know.

So if you are the owner of Journey's End shop I would appreciate it if you got ahold of me about this. Otherwise i guess this is everyone else's fair warning that there are 5 day 100 lb potions out there with the SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION as the 30 day ones and watch out for Bait and switch shop owners!

End of rant.... Comment below...

Aderion was doing this a couple months ago

there is a fair chance that even the owner of the shop didn't know, It was very poor thinking on the GM's that put those out during whatever event that was. I don't even remember which now

lol @ Simu QC
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    there is a fair chance that even the owner of the shop didn't know, It was very poor thinking on the GM's that put those out during whatever event that was. I don't even remember which now
    He has like 30 of these up for sale in 2 different stacks

Yeah i got taken for 750k on one of these 5 day potions also. They are priced about 200k under the 30 day variety available in other shops, making people believe they are getting good value unless they inquire/inspect closely and realize it is the wrong (but identically appearing) potion.

7. Default

I have spoken with a GameHost who 100% agrees with me/us that the item description should be changed and that no item in the game (especially a GM/Game/Simucoin item) should share the same EXACT description as another item of lesser OR higher quality. So I have been progressed to speak with a GM and I requested one that possibly deals with in game QC so I can make my plea on getting the 5 day potion description changed and that all further items of this sort dont have the same issue again and put bad mark on players experience in game and remove any confusion about in game items and properties.

I have spoken with a GameHost who 100% agrees with me/us that the item description should be changed and that no item in the game (especially a GM/Game/Simucoin item) should share the same EXACT description as another item of lesser OR higher quality. So I have been progressed to speak with a GM and I requested one that possibly deals with in game QC so I can make my plea on getting the 5 day potion description changed and that all further items of this sort dont have the same issue again and put bad mark on players experience in game and remove any confusion about in game items and properties.
    It's really crazy because all they had to do was throw in an adverb.

Instead of "a silvery blue potion", they could have been "a weak silvery blue potion."

Glad to see they might fix this issue.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-09-2022 at 09:36 PM.

What the fuck is an "adverb"?
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    What the fuck is an "adverb"?
    Maybe I'm using the wrong word. I always get those things mixed up. I can barely remember what a noun or proper noun is.