Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new job

Default new job

So I will most likely be starting this cush government job in the next couple of months after my background check is done. In the meantime they want me to bone up on a few things and I thought this would be a good place to find out how. First they want me to get MS A+ certification. Should I buy a book for this or should I take a class? They also want me to learn to use Novell 5.X. They will be switching to 6.5 soon, but they want me to learn 5.x first. Is there a specific text anyone recommends for this? Any help would be appriciated.

Originally posted by Keller
    So I will most likely be starting this cush government job in the next couple of months after my background check is done. In the meantime they want me to bone up on a few things and I thought this would be a good place to find out how. First they want me to get MS A+ certification. Should I buy a book for this or should I take a class? They also want me to learn to use Novell 5.X. They will be switching to 6.5 soon, but they want me to learn 5.x first. Is there a specific text anyone recommends for this? Any help would be appriciated.
    I'm not any kind of expert at computer based jobs, but generally when an employer requires certification that implies that you actually obtain some kind of certificate.
    Usually that entails attending a class and passing an exam. I know on my job I have to be CPR certified, so every couple of years I spend an afternoon of paralyzing boredom sucking face with a rubber dummy. Then I have to demonstrate CPR and pass a short written test.
    Don't know if computer certification involves leaping through similar hoops, rubber dummy excluded.

Kimm/Ex-Tilone
    Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

lol ... I did the whole CPR thing too. :-) I was just wondering if anyone had recommendations on the class I should take or a certain organization that puts them on. I went on MS webpage, but that wasn't very helpful.

Ask whoever your supervisor will be.

Chances are they'll pay for it.

mcse.com will give a basic overview of a bunch of certifications that are available.

MS doesn't do A+, COMPTIA is the governing body of the A+. It's a two part test; core hardware, and core OS. Any idiots guide to A+ is good. The test is starting to incorporate some newer stuff but it's still based on old shit like win95 and Tandy 1000 era hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

One of my biggest fans dug this up in search of a post they had not given negative reputation yet.

I did not, in fact, take this job.

I do hope whomever is so desperate to own me that they have gone back to 2004 in search of posts to rep gets a life. Seriously. Seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    One of my biggest fans dug this up in search of a post they had not given negative reputation yet.

I do hope whomever is so desperate to own me that they have gone back to 2004 in search of posts to rep gets a life. Seriously. Seek help.
    It's pretty easy to find out who, even without that browser extension that I'm pretty sure doesn't work anymore.

Rep is serious business.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Oh he knows who gave him that rep... he's just hoping that people will forget how he stalked my underage daughter for 10 years on social media.

That pedo needs to get on the registration list.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-23-2022 at 05:31 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It's pretty easy to find out who, even without that browser extension that I'm pretty sure doesn't work anymore.

Rep is serious business.
    nah. I don’t know and would prefer not to know. The same person has been giving me the same rep every 7 days for years. It’s really sociopathic.

nah. I don’t know and would prefer not to know. The same person has been giving me the same rep every 7 days for years. It’s really sociopathic.
    You would have to be Seran level retarded not to know, pedo.

You're not quite that dumb.. you are just a far bigger scumbag.

Get registered, pedo.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.