Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon LoTR

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Don't waste your breath with critic reviews, watch it for yourself and make your own judgement.

If I went by the critic ratings for The Terminal List, I would have brushed it off as a crummy show. I watched it because it looked interesting and I really enjoyed it. Critics are a bunch of fucking retards, so don't make your decisions based on what they think. I've played a lot of games over the years that got bashed by reviews, yet I still liked them. Had I simply relied upon reviews to sway my game play decisions, I would have missed a lot of games that I've enjoyed playing.
    Warrior Galadriel, queer Elrond, black female beardless dwarves, Don Lemmon playing as Legolas’ brother from another mother, and treating orcs as oppressed indigenous people… Is the series supposed to be a parody?
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 09-03-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Kinda related I guess…. I watched the first two episodes of House of the Dragon. I don’t think it’s terrible thus far.

I am really enjoying it so far.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Kinda related I guess…. I watched the first two episodes of House of the Dragon. I don’t think it’s terrible thus far.
    Not related and that is a good show too. You are horrible.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Not related and that is a good show too. You are horrible.
    This is a good show. You have no idea what you are missing.

I heard people screeching about it so I went to watch it.

It's fine. I'm enjoying it.

It's not great so far, but neither is it deserving of the review bombing it has received. Episode 1 had me nodding off, but 2 was a bit more engaging. Will definitely be watching. House of the Dragon had a really good first two episodes and then got cheesey for episode 3. Given how badly burned we were when GoT went full Hollywood writers room, I am prepared for the worst.

Thought it was good. Earth shattering? No. Am I looking forward to Friday? Yes.
    A gremlock whispers, "You died so easily. You need to get used to it.".

I feel like it's unfolding at a slow pace, and I'm liking the pace. Episode 2 I liked the way the story is starting to develop.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

So, I didn't know this show existed until I saw this thread. Not much of a TV person really. But I do have amazon prime so I thought I would watch it as I am big into sci-fi and fantasy as well as LOTR.

I think the first thing people need to understand when watching this is... Tolkien's LOTR was the best, it is like the goat of all fantasy books/movies etc. Nothing will ever compare to it. So no, I did not think Amazon LOTR was as good as Tolkien's LOTR. But thats ok. Also I am sure the budget they have for special effects, actors pay, etc is far far less than the movie so you have to take that into consideration. I am thankful that someone made something I can watch that is an extension of Tolkien's LOTR.

I have watched all 3 episodes and enjoyed each one and looking forward to the next episode.

Next I will try out House of the Dragon, havent watched any of that yet.