Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockpicking - Lmaster Focus vs 403/404

It's just really hard to get them without a lot of post cap XP. Especially if you also train for picking!

It does not even make sense to keep spells for spellburst since you can get roughly 30 ranks of MIU or AS for the TP's to get 4 spells. Way post cap it might make sense, but it will be way post cap for me.

3. Default

It's only 4 spells. You aren't talking any hit to redux or anything affecting martial mastery. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you were choosing to try hunting an area like Hinterwilds to shift it to 401 and up to 103. Then you can toss up 3 useful defensive spells and are able to add two more outside ones do to the spell rules up there. Not that those would make much a difference but better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    It does not even make sense to keep spells for spellburst since you can get roughly 30 ranks of MIU or AS for the TP's to get 4 spells. Way post cap it might make sense, but it will be way post cap for me.
    I'm confused.
    Are you saying why bother learning the spells when you can use MIU or scrolls instead? In spellburst /sever areas?
    Spells are the difference between DS:550 in offensive and DS:470 in offensive, opening you up to most attacks.

I've tried the no spell route and no matter what I did (without DB) I couldn't find a manageable DS, Kroderine Soul included.
    I honestly think Rogues were supposed to have spells.

I actually think most rogues don't learn spells and don't want to either. Spell Sever is a sad shift in a wrong direction, IMO. It's also pretty bi-polar, when they introduced skills like martial mastery which are negatively impacted by learning spells.

If you stay away from Atoll/HW, then there's really no major benefit from learning spells, since as was mentioned, you can just learn some spellburst skills to wear the spells.

I personally very much dislike the way Spell Sever shoe horns rogues into learning spells, learning KS, or being at a major disadvantage. Thankfully you can avoid it altogether if you don't hunt those areas.

Didn't even realize this thread was still going. Appreciate the feedback. I run an MA group so not having spells isn't the end of the world. I just end up picking boxes for the group though hunting would be fun again. I'll have to think about it. I have not adjusted my spells yet but now use focus to open boxes.