Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HESS Additions August 2022 - The great whale milking event.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I don't usually have much to say about p2w stuff as it doesn't really have much effect on the community as a whole, but given the introduction of divergence this specifically is just flat out taking advantage of people. Nerfing for balance of the overall health of the game I'm definitely on board with, but then offering to return what you nerfed as a long you pay for it really is immoral.
    Honestly, they have always had immoral business practices. From not telling their customers when their account data got hacked several years ago, their hiring practices, to their "exclusion not inclusion" customer baiting.

At this point it's nobodies fault but their miniscule customer base that continues to pay for a subscription.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

2. Default

Wyrom needs to make his numbers since last DR was a fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I don't usually have much to say about p2w stuff as it doesn't really have much effect on the community as a whole, but given the introduction of divergence this specifically is just flat out taking advantage of people. Nerfing for balance of the overall health of the game I'm definitely on board with, but then offering to return what you nerfed as a long you pay for it really is immoral.
    Well, I have a feeling the dev GMs are as pissed at this as we are, actually. They are trying to make things more balanced, and then the carpet gets pulled out from underneath them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcalibur1 View Post
    Wyrom needs to make his numbers since last DR was a fiasco.
    Was it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Was it though?
    Probably not in absolute terms. If you said a 35+ year old text RPG made even $1 in revenue in 2022 you'd boggle the average person's mind.

But it seems during the sales negotiations Simu represented some ability to generate revenue growth (whether they were overconfident in their own ability to make a revenue game or knew there was still a lot to milk in their customer base, or both), and it created that expectation from Stillfront. So when there's a "stagnant" quarter (0 revenue growth) they start to ask questions. It's difficult to get off that revenue train once you're on it.
    Last edited by BLZrizz; 08-14-2022 at 12:16 PM.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Probably not in absolute terms. If you said a 35+ year old text RPG made even $1 in revenue in 2022 you'd boggle the average person's mind.

But it seems during the sales negotiations Simu represented some ability to generate revenue growth (whether they were overconfident in their own ability to make a revenue game or knew there was still a lot to milk in their customer base, or both), and it created that expectation from Stillfront. So when there's a "stagnant" quarter (0 revenue growth) they start to ask questions. It's difficult to get off that revenue train once you're on it.
    Do we know the revenue from last DR? Was it worse than previous DRs?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I truly don't know the answers to these questions and I'm curious.