Page 80 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI raid on Trump's home

This is hilarious. Trump's team has already filed a motion rejecting requested cooperation from the special master they requested. Trump's legal team has argued the documents were declassified, while providing no evidence, categorically denied the Federal Government's role in determining if documents are classified, and has refused to provide any evidence supporting their claims of declassification. What a farce.

Trump legal team balks at judge’s declassification questions

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump’s legal team has told a newly appointed independent arbiter that it does not want to answer his questions about the declassification status of the documents seized last month from the former president’s Florida home, saying that issue could be part of Trump’s defense if he’s indicted.

Lawyers for Trump and for the Justice Department are to appear in federal court in Brooklyn on Tuesday before a veteran judge named last week as special master to review the roughly 11,000 documents — including about 100 marked as classified — taken during the FBI’s Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago.

Ahead of the status conference, Raymond Dearie, the special master, requested the two sides to submit a proposed agenda and also provided a draft plan for how he envisions the process moving forward over the next two months.

Trump’s lawyers signaled in a Monday evening letter their objection to several aspects of that draft plan, including a request from Dearie that they disclose to him and to the Justice Department information about the classification status of the seized documents.

The resistance to the judge’s request was notable because it was the Trump team, not the Justice Department, that had requested the appointment of a special master to conduct an independent review of the documents so that any material covered by claims of legal privilege could be segregated from the investigation — and because the Trump team’s recalcitrance included an acknowledgment that the probe could be building toward an indictment.
    https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...b32c7f773b7af5

Go figure, it turns out out that "It's mine because I say so," isn't a valid defense theory. A pity Trump's handpicked advocate, Judge Cannon who appointed the special master can't help substantiate Trump's weak assertions or why she rolled over on the issue.

Special Master expresses skepticism with Trump team’s assertions

NEW YORK — The senior federal judge tasked with reviewing the materials seized by the FBI from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate sharply questioned the former president’s attorneys Tuesday during their first hearing before his courtroom.

Judge Raymond Dearie pushed Trump’s lawyers repeatedly for refusing to back up the former president’s claim that he declassified the highly sensitive national security-related records discovered in his residence.

“You can’t have your cake and eat it too,” said Dearie, the “special master” picked by U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon to vet Trump’s effort to reclaim the materials taken by federal investigators.

Trump has argued that the 11,000 documents taken from Mar-a-Lago were rightfully in his possession, including about 100 bearing classification markings that suggest they contain some of the nation’s most closely guarded intelligence.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-lago-00057805

3. Default

but is it heating up yet?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Supposing this is a fact - as no source cited, but who knows at this point -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-urges-a...151652414.html

"Of the more than 11,000 documents seized by the FBI from Mar-a-Lago on Aug. 8, about 100 have classified markings."

So they do use the term "about 100" - so still unclear.... but so far not sounding like "ZOMG NUCLEAR SECRETS - 15 FULL BOXES OF CLASSIFIED MATERIALS" like they've been shouting the past 2 months.

Be interesting to see what the actual documents are - ie. official correspondence, etc.

Thank goodness we have an independent person conducting this for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

"Of the more than 11,000 documents seized by the FBI from Mar-a-Lago on Aug. 8, about 100 have classified markings."

So they do use the term "about 100" - so still unclear.... but so far not sounding like "ZOMG NUCLEAR SECRETS - 15 FULL BOXES OF CLASSIFIED MATERIALS" like they've been shouting the past 2 months.

Be interesting to see what the actual documents are - ie. official correspondence, etc.

The real question is: are the walls closing in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    They're not only closing in, BUT THEY'RE HEATING UP!!!!!!! SUPER DUPER FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

Only 100 classified documents (page count unknown) were located in the seizure after Trump reported he didn't have anymore stolen documents. Way to try and downplay an unprecedented national security risk. Considering his screaming about locking people up during his presidency for illegally possessing classified material and his ongoing witchhunt over Hillary who was cleared, the fact he's been found to have committed the same violations is awfully ironic. In addition to being highly illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The walls are made of tar.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Only 100 classified documents (page count unknown) were located in the seizure after Trump reported he didn't have anymore stolen documents. Way to try and downplay an unprecedented national security risk. Considering his screaming about locking people up during his presidency for illegally possessing classified material and his ongoing witchhunt over Hillary who was cleared, the fact he's been found to have committed the same violations is awfully ironic. In addition to being highly illegal.
    Hopium.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Aren't you the same jackass that's been screaming for 2 months "15 boxes of classified material blah blah blah blah and blah"? Then suddenly it's just 100 documents (meaning pages) - if you'll notice 11,000 documents = pages hence 100 documents = 100 pages for someone slow like yourself...

Good thing we're getting some clarity. You can keep wishing - I'll keep waiting for facts...

How's it feel to know you bought another lie from the "mainstream media" about "ZOMG NUCLEAR SECRETS!"... fucking moron.