Page 8 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI raid on Trump's home

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    “This would be someone who was handling things on day-to-day, who knew where documents were, so it would be somebody very close, inside the president,” Mulvaney told CNN Thursday. “My guess is there’s probably six or eight people who had that kind of information.”
    6 or 8?

Fuck is his problem with 7?

Racists.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    6 or 8?

Fuck is his problem with 7?

Racists.
    7 ate 9
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I dunno. I just remember reading that she said the FBI barely let her read the warrant.
    She barely got to read the warrant and receipt of items which were put into her possession by the executing agent? Uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And Trump completely lied about not getting the Warrant. The signature on the receipt is by his attorney, Christina Bobb.

Um, the center of the issue is that he had documents he shouldn't have had. Not any of this other bullshit you are trying to say.

Trump 100% had the ability to declassify anything he wanted while he was President. The entire system of classification and clearances derives from Executive power.

And trying to say "There's soo many Executive Orders out there fine tuning the Presidents ability to classify or delegate classification and access authorities." is meaningless. A President can cancel any EO at any time.
    An executive order is revocable, correct, but there is absolutely no evidence that Trump issued any sort of executive order or decree doing so. You don't think the Department of Justice wouldn't have noticed any sort of memorandum by Trump making what he did legal, or at least less illegal?

The flaw in your logic is guessing at evidence that Trump declassified documents. He claims he has, but hasn't provided any evidence of having done so. The Department of Justice in the meantime has this handy dandy warrant claiming to their knowledge, none of those items should legally be in Trump's possession and seized them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    An executive order is revocable, correct, but there is absolutely no evidence that Trump issued any sort of executive order or decree doing so. You don't think the Department of Justice wouldn't have noticed any sort of memorandum by Trump making what he did legal, or at least less illegal?

The flaw in your logic is guessing at evidence that Trump declassified documents. He claims he has, but hasn't provided any evidence of having done so. The Department of Justice in the meantime has this handy dandy warrant claiming to their knowledge, none of those items should legally be in Trump's possession and seized them.
    I haven't guessed at anything. I said what he had the power to do, not that he did it.

Reading comprehension always escapes you.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    $20 says we learn sometime in the future he tried to sell the info or had discussions about it.
    I'll take more money from you.

How far into the future do we have to wait to get that $20 from you?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The court warrant has been unsealed.

You can find copies of it here.

Trump is being investigated for potential violations of three primary statutes- one of which pertains to the Espionage Act.
    My favorite part of the warrant is:

c: "Any government and/or Presidential Record created between January 20, 2017 and January 20, 2021

So, this was nothing but a fishing expedition.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

c: "Any government and/or Presidential Record created between January 20, 2017 and January 20, 2021

Yeah, a lot of the time that would be a bit too vague to be signed off on. Most search warrant require fairly specific language. Still, there are, obviously, judges that allow that kind of language.

I did notice they only had the daylight hours box checked instead of an any hours. That is actually also extremely common on warrants, for some reason.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-12-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I haven't guessed at anything. I said what he had the power to do, not that he did it.

Reading comprehension always escapes you.
    It's actually an irrelevant question anyway. Even if we adopt the stance that Trump had the ability to psychically declassify material without going through the proper channels set up by the Executive Branch (and therefore *his* own rules for declassification), he's no longer an original classification authority. The Biden administration clearly considers anything marked as classified to be classified (and therefore it is), and DoJ has been telling Trump that this stuff is classified and have been negotiating with Trump for months. So he has been holding on to Top Secret documents that were being held outside of the special government facilities where they are legally required to reside.

Don't get distracted by arguments over whether or not they were declassified at the time they were taken. It's an important legal question, but regardless of the answer it doesn't make what he's been doing since he's left office legal.

This was yet another severe dereliction of the core part of his duty as a President. Just one more in a long line of shocking, intentional failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

No it wasn't. Trump was also in violation of the Presidential Records Act. He had previously been served a subpoena to return those records because they are legally required to be housed in the National Archives. And that law was passed by Congress. Trump had no authority to defy it.