Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 927

Thread: FBI raid on Trump's home

  1. #771
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,717
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The judge doesn't distinguish between unclassified memorandum and classified documents not subject to any privilege claim in her order, which grants a hypothetical special master entirely too much control over a rapidly evolving situation with massive national security implications. The DOJ argument is for the judge to not try and overreach by hindering intelligence agencies from protecting our country. Sorry that you don't see the difference between protecting our country and protecting a criminal.
    Who runs the judicial system, judges or intelligence agencies?

    Everything involved, from signing off on the very warrant that started this entire thing to what evidence is and isn't admissible to running the court proceedings is up to the judge.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-09-2022 at 05:20 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  2. #772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Who runs the judicial system, judges or intelligence agencies?

    Everything involved, from signing off on the very warrant that started this entire thing to what evidence is and isn't admissible to running the court proceedings is up to the judge.
    For national security and secret, compartmentalized level classified information, no I don't believe a judge or any non-security cleared person gets to decide how the national defense is handled. The FBI used evidence and obtained a probable cause warrant, as is proper, but a judge trying a district court judge trying to restrict whether or not our intelligence agencies can protect national interest? Naw. Some things, like highest classification intelligence are simply out of the jurisdiction of minor federal courts.

  3. #773

    Default

    Weird... a Special Master gets appointed, and suddenly can't find a news article about "ZOMG NUCLEAR SECRETS" all of a sudden... huh...

    Almost as if all the "leaks" regarding the "materials seized" were over exaggerations? I mean... maybe, just maybe?

    BTW... Trump in jail yet?

    How much you think Trump could sue all the news companies and Government for - if what the Special Master finds is zilch? Not saying there isn't something, but I'm not saying there is either.

    Just find it funny how the stream of "breaking news" stopped all of a sudden regarding the content of the seized documents... odd how things like that work out.
    Last edited by Shaps; 09-17-2022 at 03:50 AM.

  4. #774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Weird... a Special Master gets appointed, and suddenly can't find a news article about "ZOMG NUCLEAR SECRETS" all of a sudden... huh...

    Almost as if all the "leaks" regarding the "materials seized" were over exaggerations? I mean... maybe, just maybe?

    BTW... Trump in jail yet?

    How much you think Trump could sue all the news companies and Government for - if what the Special Master finds is zilch? Not saying there isn't something, but I'm not saying there is either.

    Just find it funny how the stream of "breaking news" stopped all of a sudden regarding the content of the seized documents... odd how things like that work out.
    I find it funny that the DOJ is still fighting this.. as if they have something to hide and they don't want any Judge getting in their way of their brand of "justice".
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  5. #775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Weird... a Special Master gets appointed, and suddenly can't find a news article about "ZOMG NUCLEAR SECRETS" all of a sudden... huh...

    Almost as if all the "leaks" regarding the "materials seized" were over exaggerations? I mean... maybe, just maybe?

    BTW... Trump in jail yet?

    How much you think Trump could sue all the news companies and Government for - if what the Special Master finds is zilch? Not saying there isn't something, but I'm not saying there is either.

    Just find it funny how the stream of "breaking news" stopped all of a sudden regarding the content of the seized documents... odd how things like that work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I find it funny that the DOJ is still fighting this.. as if they have something to hide and they don't want any Judge getting in their way of their brand of "justice".
    Super cool you dudes have no understanding of the criminal justice system. It suits your political narrative to believe that a criminal court proceeding should be sidelined by civil court lawsuit, disregarding the lack of jurisdiction, which the DOJ is appealing, I imagine they'll finally whip out the recusal card too.

    I find the disparity between Conservatives ranting about allowing people deemed not threats to the community to be on supervised release until their trial in Illinois, claiming it'll be a reenactment of The Purge somehow. Then implying that Trump not being in jail yet is prima facia evidence of his innocence. News flash, Trump hasn't been indicted, jailing innocent people without a criminal indictment or probable cause is was fascists do. Remember that the next time some sweaty orange person is yelling "Lock her up" in a microphone.

  6. #776
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Super cool you dudes have no understanding of the criminal justice system. It suits your political narrative to believe that a criminal court proceeding should be sidelined by civil court lawsuit, disregarding the lack of jurisdiction, which the DOJ is appealing, I imagine they'll finally whip out the recusal card too.

    I find the disparity between Conservatives ranting about allowing people deemed not threats to the community to be on supervised release until their trial in Illinois, claiming it'll be a reenactment of The Purge somehow. Then implying that Trump not being in jail yet is prima facia evidence of his innocence. News flash, Trump hasn't been indicted, jailing innocent people without a criminal indictment or probable cause is was fascists do. Remember that the next time some sweaty orange person is yelling "Lock her up" in a microphone.
    I find it sad how you continue to try and conflate a view on one situation as an excuse to claim that it should apply to another, completely unrelated situation. For example, it is a fact that in places where cash bail has been eliminated violent crime has risen significantly. When conservatives point this out, they are called racist and bigots and so on because the Left wants to continue to ignore the facts so they can pander to minorities at the expense of those very same minority lives. Leftist policies are directly responsible for increasing rapes, assaults, stabbings, shootings, murders, child molestations and so on, across the board.

    Yet you and others somehow think that conservative opposition to such idiot policies somehow means we should support the repeated, complete, political weaponization of Federal Law enforcement in the finest traditions of banana republics everywhere because "reasons".

    I find your blatant racism and elitism in the support of policies that are willfully and deliberately designed to victimize minorities and poor disgusting. Why do you hate minority women and children so much? What made you want to see them, beaten, raped, molested and murdered more? Better yet, why do you think it's ok to allow an administration to use the full power of the Federal Government to persecute the current administration's political enemies? You did it under Obama with the IRS scheme, you are doing it now with this? What made you a Racist Fascist and why do you think that is ok?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Dimond and Silk Watch the Movie

  7. #777

    Default

    Does Bail Reform Lead to More Crime?

    Despite the sensational headlines, there is no solid evidence that bail reform leads to more crime. But that’s partly because there’s very little rigorous research on how bail reform affects crime in general. Identifying the impact of a particular policy change on crime rates is difficult, because crime rates can rise or fall for many reasons.

    With a wide variety of bail reform measures and no set standards for data collection or evaluation, most bail reform studies have focused on outcomes that are easier to directly attribute to specific laws, such as the percentage of people who are rearrested while on pretrial release. Most research has found that reducing the use of cash bail had little to no effect on the percentage of people who are rearrested while on pretrial release. Some studies have found that jailing people before trial may even increase their likelihood of rearrest in the future.
    But let's all cry and scream about the fake boogeyman out there and remember, while the Republicans are dedicated fear mongers out to terrify folks into voting for them, it's for an important GOP cause, which is robbing the other 99% blind.

  8. #778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    But let's all cry and scream about the fake boogeyman out there and remember, while the Republicans are dedicated fear mongers out to terrify folks into voting for them, it's for an important GOP cause, which is robbing the other 99% blind.
    This is after 6 years of the alt left proclaiming "Russia, Russia, Russia" when something doesn't go their way.

    Your lack of self awareness is only eclipsed by your lack of intelligence.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  9. #779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    But let's all cry and scream about the fake boogeyman out there and remember, while the Republicans are dedicated fear mongers out to terrify folks into voting for them, it's for an important GOP cause, which is robbing the other 99% blind.
    You really are a fucking moron... no other way to see it. Just ask New York how no bail is working out for them. Ask Chicago. Illinois is about to become a literal warzone if that SAFE-T act goes through... we're talking same day release of Murderers and everything below it, which is what the bill allows.

    Hope you live there, so you can experience the wonderful utopia you seem to support.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    But let's all cry and scream about the fake boogeyman out there and remember, while the Republicans are dedicated fear mongers out to terrify folks into voting for them, it's for an important GOP cause, which is robbing the other 99% blind.
    The drugs you take are eating at the little intelligence you have left.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •