Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI raid on Trump's home

Default FBI raid on Trump's home

Well this discussion needs its own thread now.

So first the DOJ attempted to throw the FBI under the bus, claiming the DOJ had nothing to do with the raid and the FBI did it all on their own.

Now with the judge who signed the warrant pushing the government to make the search warrant public, Merrick Garland got in front of the story to say he personally approved of the FBI seeking permission to raid a former president's house.

This whole thing is so laughable now. Dumb ass dipshits such as Seran really thought they were about to see Trump led away in handcuffs, when in reality this is yet another non-story in regards to Trump, and yet another abuse of power by Democrats and their lapdogs.

Blog Entries

Why doesn't Trump make it public? He has the warrant.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I'm curious where Dreaven heard the DOJ had said they had nothing to do with the search warrant. Only official release having to do with it came out today directly from Merrick Garland.

Couldn't find anything on the judge supposedly pushing for transparency as it was Merrick Garland who filed a motion for everything to be unsealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Why doesn't Trump make it public? He has the warrant.
    From what I understand he doesn't. His lawyer says she barely got a chance to read it. I could be wrong though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    From what I understand he doesn't. His lawyer says she barely got a chance to read it. I could be wrong though.
    Umm... Yes, he does. They HAVE to present the warrant to the person they are using it against.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Umm... Yes, he does. They HAVE to present the warrant to the person they are using it against.
    Trump wasn't there when they raided his home, and from what I understand they just showed it to his lawyer and didn't even let her read the whole thing. I haven't heard about them presenting his lawyer or him with a copy, but doesn't mean they didn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Trump wasn't there when they raided his home, and from what I understand they just showed it to his lawyer and didn't even let her read the whole thing. I haven't heard about them presenting his lawyer or him with a copy, but doesn't mean they didn't.
    Then his lawyer has it. It must be presented to the person, or his legal representative (or whoever is in charge of the property at the time they arrive). Regardless, he is within his rights to request additional copies at any time.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-11-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I'm curious where Dreaven heard the DOJ had said they had nothing to do with the search warrant. Only official release having to do with it came out today directly from Merrick Garland.
    Newsweek published an exclusive interview with two senior DoJ officials that remained anonymous: https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-i...-1732283?amp=1

The officials, who have direct knowledge of the FBI's deliberations and were granted anonymity in order to discuss sensitive matters, said the raid of Donald Trump's Florida residence was deliberately timed to occur when the former president was away.

He insists, though, that Garland had no prior knowledge of the date and time of the specific raid, nor was he asked to approve it.

So lots of questions here. I find it difficult to believe Garland wasn’t aware of the search, or Biden for that matter in which the White House repeatedly stated in a press conference that he has no prior knowledge. I think transparency is key and I’m happy that they are moving to unseal the warrant. They better have very tangible probable cause and for a good reason, because on the surface there is not unwarranted suspicion from many in the public this is political weaponization of law enforcement & unequal application of justice. I’ll reserve my opinion on the matter until this all plays out and we get more facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Newsweek published an exclusive interview with two senior DoJ officials that remained anonymous: https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-i...-1732283?amp=1

The officials, who have direct knowledge of the FBI's deliberations and were granted anonymity in order to discuss sensitive matters, said the raid of Donald Trump's Florida residence was deliberately timed to occur when the former president was away.

He insists, though, that Garland had no prior knowledge of the date and time of the specific raid, nor was he asked to approve it.

So lots of questions here. I find it difficult to believe Garland wasn’t aware of the search, or Biden for that matter in which the White House repeatedly stated in a press conference that he has no prior knowledge. I think transparency is key and I’m happy that they are moving to unseal the warrant. They better have very tangible probable cause and for a good reason, because on the surface there is not unwarranted suspicion from many in the public this is political weaponization of law enforcement & unequal application of justice. I’ll reserve my opinion on the matter until this all plays out and we get more facts.
    Yeah, I'll take the word of Merrick Garland saying he was involved over the anonymous folks who said he wasn't involved any day. Hoping there's no objection to the DOJ requesting everything be unsealed. Apparently the court has provided until Friday at 3pm for Trump's objection to decide whether to unseal per the DOJ request.