Page 20 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI raid on Trump's home

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    This is where we demand prison time for Hillary, Obama, Comey and others. OH, and if Trump shared classified documents, shouldn't Comey get nailed for giving his notes to his buddy to leak?

I just want to be perfectly clear:

When the DoJ realized that a private citizen was lying about possessing government records (including some HIGHLY classified records), and when they had evidence that these highly classified government records were sitting in a private citizen's unsecure residence in defiance of multiple court subpoenas ...they should have...let him keep it? Left it there in hopes that one day he would change his mind and hopefully before he or someone else in Mar-a-Lago decides to use it for nefarious purposes?

Even though it turns out, after the seizure, that their suspicions were correct?

And the DoJ trying to bring highly classified government records back to the Executive Branch- as the law and our national security require- is...corrupt?

Just do us all a favor here- can you name one other situation involving any other private citizen where you think the DoJ should just let that kind of information sit around outside of secure facilities?

Don't pull your "BUT WHAT ABOUT?????" garbage here. YOU are maintaining that this is okay. So please name ONE other situation with one other private citizen with no security clearance or legal right to view- let alone posses and hide- highly classified material, where YOU believe the only appropriate thing would be for the DoJ to do is just to ignore it and let them keep those records. And to avoid even investigating them or the situation.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-14-2022 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I just want to be perfectly clear:

When the DoJ realized that a private citizen was lying about possessing government records (including some HIGHLY classified records), and when they had evidence that these highly classified government records were sitting in a private citizen's unsecure residence in defiance of multiple court subpoenas ...they should have...let him keep it? Left it there in hopes that one day he would change his mind and hopefully before he or someone else in Mar-a-Lago decides to use it for nefarious purposes?

Even though it turns out, after the seizure, that their suspicions were correct?

And the DoJ trying to bring highly classified government records back to the Executive Branch- as the law and our national security require- is...corrupt?

Just do us all a favor here- can you name one other situation involving any other private citizen where you think the DoJ should just let that kind of information sit around outside of secure facilities?

Don't pull your "BUT WHAT ABOUT?????" garbage here. YOU are maintaining that this is okay. So please name ONE other situation with one other private citizen with no security clearance or legal right to view- let alone posses and hide- highly classified material, where YOU believe the only appropriate thing would be for the DoJ to do is just to ignore it and let them keep those records. And to avoid even investigating them or the situation.
    So, why did they wait 12-24 months? I am saying that this is a farce, fake and made up and shitbags like you keep defending it while you excuse Hillary destroying evidence and records during a criminal investigation. You dismiss Hillary obstructing justice and lying to congress. You keep ignoring the uncounted thousands if not hundreds of thousands of documents that the Obama administration carted off to Chicago and one of his admin that literally tried to steal documents from the national archive. You shrug off Comey passing information to his buddy. You dismiss the Hunter Biden laptop and the massive corruption and illegal activities that he documents himself. You excuse the FBI intentionally lying to a Fisa court to spy on a political opponent and then a sitting president. You claim that the excessive prosecutions of Jan 6th riots are justified while you cover up domestic terrorism for years as BLM and Antifa burned, murdered and destroyed the nation. And you think it justified that the FBI has not interfered in 3 election cycles.

You useless, whiny, piece of human filth, fucking HYPOCRITE!

You and the Left you so love only care about the law when you think you can use it to attack your enemies, steal from the American public to fund your personal schemes so you can feel morally superior or to enrich your corrupt leaders.

Cry a river, every fucking one of you will come to rue the day you thought this was a good idea. Politically you have committed suicide, destroyed the FBI and enraged much of the nation even those not even close to being Conservative. So save me your self righteous indignation about shit you don't know about, that there is no proof about and that there is no evidence of. This administration is conducting a personal, political with hunt and because of their corrupt actions in this, Trump could pretty much eat a live baby on national TV and still get elected.

Now fuck off.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

I swear these morons...

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/...d-information/

"Whether or not former officials keep their eligibility and access to classified information is another issue more grounded in tradition than policy. It is common for outgoing presidents and officials to be ‘read in’ on issues and topics where their prior position and expertise are useful. This is at the discretion of the current sitting president. That means that any access to classified information a former president or government official obtains has to be granted – they can’t just walk into the CIA and say ‘brief me.’"

"When it comes to security clearances and presidential transitions, the most important thing to remember is that security policy is born out of executive orders, which means that clearance eligibility is the purview of the current sitting president. If the president wants to grant someone eligibility, that’s his or her right."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/2.2

"31 CFR § 2.2 - Access to classified information by historical researchers, former Treasury Presidential and Vice Presidential appointees, and former Presidents and Vice Presidents."

"(a) Access to classified information may be granted only to individuals who have a need-to-know the information. This requirement may be waived, however, for individuals who:

(1) Are engaged in historical research projects;

(2) Previously occupied a position in the Treasury to which they were appointed by the President under 3 U.S.C. 105(a)(2)(A), or the Vice President under 3 U.S.C. 106(a)(1)(A); or

(3) Served as President or Vice President."

"(2) Receipt of the individual's written agreement to safeguard classified information, including taking all appropriate steps to protect classified information from unauthorized disclosure or compromise. This written agreement must also include the individual's consent to have any and all notes (including those prepared or stored in electronic media, whether written or oral) reviewed by authorized Treasury personnel to ensure that no classified information is contained therein and, if so, that the classified information is not published."

"(C) A former President or Vice President is only authorized access to classified information that was prepared by Treasury while that individual was serving as President or Vice President."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...usted-n1248994

"Ex-presidents are entitled to classified briefings. Some ex-intel officials think Trump shouldn't get access to any national secrets when he leaves office."

"It was part of a long tradition of former presidents being consulted about, and granted access to, some of the nation's secrets."

https://www.vox.com/22240926/trump-p...ff-impeachment

"Former presidents traditionally receive intelligence briefings. As former principal deputy director of national intelligence Susan Gordon wrote in the Washington Post, the purpose of these briefs is to support an ex-president’s “continued involvement in advancing America’s interests.”

"A former president is not entitled to these briefings as a matter of law, however. Rather, they are a courtesy that sitting presidents ordinarily provide to their predecessors, and they can be cut off at the sitting president’s discretion."

So yes... I'm addressing all of your histrionics, you just don't like what I'm telling you.

Do I think he had classified documents? Yes. (as per previous reporting and precedent)

Do I think he was working with the Government to properly secure and return them? Yes. (as per previous reporting)

Do I think he has multiple SCIFS at various locations? Yes. (as per previous reporting and precedent)

Do I think he was entitled to access to certain materials based upon his previous position? Yes. (as per precedent)

Did Biden ever rescind his access to future materials? No idea.

Did Trump have any materials that were not generated during his Presidency? As of current reporting, no he did not.

Do you think the personal correspondence between Trump and world leaders is "ZOMG THE WORLD IS ENDING" - and enough to decimate an individual for? Apparently you do.

Just because you don't like him, doesn't make all your wishes... or what has currently been reported... the smoking gun you think it is.

The difference between him and Hillary? Is that dipshit set up her own PRIVATE SERVERS - outside of GOVERNMENT CONTROL to CONDUCT GOVERNMENT BUSINESS. That is batshit insane.

But you want to complain about a former President having documents that were produced during his tenure, in a secure location (a SCIF per reporting), with which there is precedent for former Presidents to maintain their clearances and access to briefings/consultation.

Got it.

I'm done with your stupid ass. One day maybe you'll realize they're playing you like a 10 dollar trick.
    Last edited by Shaps; 08-14-2022 at 02:45 AM.

Last thing on this whole thing.. because it's just nuts..

https://www.archives.gov/foia/pra-trump-admin

Want to know what's going on? Read through all that. They are the actual memorandums and correspondence of NARA regarding all of the current events - catalogued in the national archives.

So it seems there are two big things:

Trump ripped up shit while he was in office... sounds like a habit? No idea.. read something, then rip it up... pretty standard for you, me, or anyone with mail, etc. The fact the staff put it back together and provided it to the archives doesn't seem like it wasn't handled though. Doesn't sound like he was mass shredding and deleting shit (ie. someone else we know).

Second, has to do with social media posts. Considering it's such a new technology (last 10 years widespread) with regards to record keeping - as acknowledged by NARA in one of their letters - some things were being hashed out concerning that.

Lastly.... Seems like all correspondence up until the raid that Trump had with NARA was in good faith and compliance. Least how it all reads /shrug.
    Also... as most Presidents.. and per the correspondence submitted... representatives managed and exercised discretion over the records per NARA guidance/guidelines.

So tell me again? How is this "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG nuclear codes orange man most evil ever" blah blah blah. And tell me again, why when this was all started in February - they waited until mid August to make a spectacle of this... when they'd already been talking for 6 months prior?

Blog Entries

Trump could pretty much eat a live baby on national TV and still get elected.
    He would garner Democrat votes if he were to do so.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

So, why did they wait 12-24 months?
    Because Trump's people told the DoJ in writing that they had returned all material with classification markings, when in fact they had not. Either they were lying or they did not bother to check before signing the declaration. Fortunately for us all, one of Trump's close associates is more loyal to the country than to Trump.

At least one lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump signed a written statement in June asserting that all material marked as classified and held in boxes in a storage area at Mr. Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence and club had been returned to the government, four people with knowledge of the document said.

The written declaration was made after a visit on June 3 to Mar-a-Lago by Jay I. Bratt, the top counterintelligence official in the Justice Department's national security division.

The existence of the signed declaration, which has not previously been reported, is a possible indication that Mr. Trump or his team were not fully forthcoming with federal investigators about the material. And it could help explain why a potential violation of a criminal statute related to obstruction was cited by the department as one basis for seeking the warrant used to carry out the daylong search of the former president's home on Monday, an extraordinary step that generated political shock waves.

It also helps to further explain the sequence of events that prompted the Justice Department's decision to conduct the search after months in which it had tried to resolve the matter through discussions with Mr. Trump and his team.

More...

This administration is conducting a personal, political with hunt and because of their corrupt actions in this, Trump could pretty much eat a live baby on national TV and still get elected.
    Recent events make Trump more likely to win the nomination and less likely to win the general election. Republicans are experiencing some kind of group bias if they believe this makes Trump more likely to be elected.

My favorite part of this raid was time4fun coming back, all full of stupidity and rage.

Reminds me of November 2016 all over again.

Good times.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/2.2

"31 CFR § 2.2 - Access to classified information by historical researchers, former Treasury Presidential and Vice Presidential appointees, and former Presidents and Vice Presidents."

"(a) Access to classified information may be granted only to individuals who have a need-to-know the information. This requirement may be waived, however, for individuals who:
    The former President did not have access to classified, top secret or compartmentalized information through the sitting President. The requirement was not waived.

Trump had no reasonable expectation that the information he illegally took from the Whitehouse in violation of several federal laws, would be needed by him on a need-to-know basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Last thing on this whole thing.. because it's just nuts..

https://www.archives.gov/foia/pra-trump-admin
    Yes, it is nuts that Trump while President destroyed documents of important, historical value in violation of federal law. That he proceeded to steal even more documents which were also owned by the People and whose possession posed a national security threat to our country is absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Because Trump's people told the DoJ in writing that they had returned all material with classification markings, when in fact they had not. Either they were lying or they did not bother to check before signing the declaration. Fortunately for us all, one of Trump's close associates is more loyal to the country than to Trump.
    So, if he had the standing declassify order, this is all moot and bullshit. And no, they are not more loyal to country, they are more loyal to whoever paid or blackmailed them. You and other idiots seem to think this is some kind of defense in committing criminal actions like lying to a FISA court, spying on political opposition, interfering with elections and so on. It's not.

Recent events make Trump more likely to win the nomination and less likely to win the general election. Republicans are experiencing some kind of group bias if they believe this makes Trump more likely to be elected.
    Yeah, he was always the nominee if he decided to run. You idiots were just crack pipe dreaming if you thought otherwise. When you have moderates, independents and even some Leftists in media and politics saying this is a political hit job and people should be deeply concerned, I am pretty sure that it does push the needle in the positive direction.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie