Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflation Reduction Act

So, even in the pie in the sky best case scenario.... real wages went up 0.3% last year?

And you are bragging about it?

Imagine being this fucking stupid.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

So what you're butt hurt about is people doing better financially? That is petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    So what you're butt hurt about is people doing better financially? That is petty.
    I realize you don't have to actually worry about a wage being on welfare and all.. but I have never rejoiced over getting a raise of 0.3%
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 01-23-2023 at 01:49 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

0.3% = Someone making $100 per hour is now making $100.30 per hour.

Someone making $20 per hour is now making $20.06 per hour.

Someone making $7.25 per hour is now making $7.27 per hour.

HOLY FUCK SOMEONE GET THE CHAMPAGNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Last edited by Methais; 01-23-2023 at 01:59 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Shocker, the Inflation Reduction Act is saving Americans money and ended big pharmaceutical monopolies and Republicans are trying to end both savings and reinstate monopolies. The GOP represents oppressive business practices and oligarchs, not everyday Americans.

I voted for the Inflation Reduction Act and it's already saving Americans money

Patricia lives in Orange County, Virginia. She turns 75 this year, and she is on Medicare. Despite her family history with shingles, Patricia was unable to get the shingles vaccine — that was, until the Inflation Reduction Act made it free for hundreds of thousands of Virginia seniors like her.

I’m happy to report that Patricia received her first dose of the shingles vaccine this month. And in the coming weeks, she will receive a second free dose. This vaccine will protect her from an excruciatingly painful condition that affects more than 1 million Americans every year — sometimes causing severe complications for those over 60, who are at the greatest risk of developing the disease.

Patricia has seen the debilitating effects of shingles up close — because her uncle suffered from the disease. She knows how crippling the condition can be. But thanks to the free vaccine provision in the Inflation Reduction Act — which was signed into law last year — she’ll be better protected from getting sick and winding up in the hospital.

I was proud to vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, because I’m already hearing stories about Virginians who can now afford the preventative healthcare they need. And we are already seeing consequential savings and lower healthcare costs for families, small business owners, and seniors across our Commonwealth. One of my top priorities in Congress has been to lower costs for Virginians — and this law is delivering.

But thankfully, the Inflation Reduction Act ends drug corporations' monopoly control over the prices of some of the most expensive and most used drugs in Medicare Part D. It gives Medicare the power to negotiate for lower prices. It caps out-of-pocket costs for Medicare beneficiaries at $2,000 per year. And it creates penalties for transnational pharmaceutical companies that raise their prices faster than the rate of inflation.

The bill also caps the price of insulin at $35 a month after a decade marked by rising prices that quadrupled out-of-pocket spending in Medicare between 2007 and 2020. A cap on this lifesaving medicine for Medicare enrollees is something we can all celebrate — regardless of political party — and one that I believe we should seek expand, so that Americans of all ages have guaranteed access to affordable insulin.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/vote...mericans-money

Shocker, I'm still retarded.
    While this is correct, nobody is shocked.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Democrat policies and legislation continue to show significant headway in lowering inflation.

Republicans meanwhile are trying to reinstate cost cuts in medications for seniors and are trying to sell to their sheep that the only way to fix the budget is by slashing taxes for the wealthy few and increasing them for everyone else.

US inflation and consumer spending cooled in December

The Federal Reserve’s preferred inflation gauge eased further in December, and consumer spending fell — the latest evidence that the Fed’s series of interest rate hikes are slowing the economy.

Friday’s report from the Commerce Department showed that prices rose 5% last month from a year earlier, down from a 5.5% year-over-year increase in November. It was the third straight drop.

Consumer spending fell 0.2% from November to December and was revised lower to show a drop of 0.1% from October to November. Last year’s holiday sales were sluggish for many retailers, and the overall spending figures for the final two months of 2022 were the weakest in two years.

The pullback in consumer spending will likely be welcomed by Fed officials, who are seeking to cool the economy by making lending increasingly expensive. A slower pace of spending could boost their confidence that inflation is steadily easing. Still, the decline in year-over-year inflation matches the Fed’s outlook and isn’t likely to alter expectations that it will raise its key rate by a quarter-point next week.
    https://apnews.com/article/inflation...b31d6e2d9ff893

8. Default

Working so well the government is trying to give government employees a 8.7% raise. You know, cause they can.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Democrat policies and legislation continue to show significant headway in lowering inflation.

Republicans meanwhile are trying to reinstate cost cuts in medications for seniors and are trying to sell to their sheep that the only way to fix the budget is by slashing taxes for the wealthy few and increasing them for everyone else.

https://apnews.com/article/inflation->>>federal-reserve<<<-system-economy-business-34cdecfdb5f7f12748b31d6e2d9ff893
    Weird how I didn't even need to read the article to know that raising interest rates reduces consumer spending.

Weird how Janet Yellen said we didn't need to do that until inflation got out of control.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Weird how I didn't even need to read the article to know that raising interest rates reduces consumer spending.

Weird how Janet Yellen said we didn't need to do that until inflation got out of control.
    I take what you meant to say was you did not even need to read the article to understand that raising interest rates causes consumers to buy less, with the end result and goal of making producers lower their prices to entice consumer spending once more. Amazing how at the end of the day it all boils down to corporations over charging.