Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The economic reality of Leftism

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-l...dom-of-speech/

Nice little read, from 2004 (I wanted to get something from back in the day to show this is been going on awhile now)...

Left unregulated, the modern media could present serious threats to democracy.” Sunstein calls for a “New Deal for Speech,” in which government will treat speech in exactly the same way as it already treats property, namely, as something that is really owned by government, and which citizens are only permitted to use or engage in when they meet conditions established by government to promote fairness and justice."

There is a reason 98% or some such silly number of people that work in "mainstream media" are all on the left... it's all about control.

Another quote from even further back... that is predictive of human nature...

"Human beings, Jefferson wrote, are “inherently independent of all but moral law.If men defy that law, they are not free. They are slaves, at first to their own passions, eventually to political tyranny. For men who cannot govern their own passions cannot sustain a democratic government."

This is what you are watching occur right now. And so the wheel of human stupidity repeats itself as it has for thousands of years.
    Last edited by Shaps; 08-01-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nieninque View Post
    Leftist isnt totalitarian or authoritarian. Without knowing what the content of his social media post (he may have threatened to blow up a school or something, who knows) it's difficult to rate how stupid or appropriate that police intervention was. Dont be basing anything on the ability of the police officers present to know what the fuck they are doing. It's Hampshire, they vote Tory.
    He posted a meme with the gay pride flag arranged in a way that it made a swastika. The meme meaning that the Alt-left is fascist.

By arresting the man, a British vet, his point was proven.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Leftists are 100% totalitarian and authoritarian. I know what he did, you can look it up for yourself.

Leftists are not liberals. I'm a liberal - the actual kind... not the batshit crazy, totalitarian leftist that has hijacked the word and tried to get people to think they're "progressive". Leftists are fucking abhorrent pieces of shit that are not in any way "progressive" or "liberal" in any sense of the word.
    There is no one on this forum less liberal than you are. Neveragain had that distinction until showing they had a remarkably nuanced opinion on abortion. I'm honestly intrigued on just what aspect of politics you consider you consider your views are liberal on.

For the record, deciding whether to wear the red arm band on your right or left arm each day isn't liberalism on your part.

In my own little world where everybody knows me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Leftists are 100% totalitarian and authoritarian. I know what he did, you can look it up for yourself.
    I don't care enough to look it up for myself.

Leftists are not liberals.
    Correct. Liberals are cunts.

I'm a liberal
    Awks

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    He posted a meme with the gay pride flag arranged in a way that it made a swastika. The meme meaning that the Alt-left is fascist.

By arresting the man, a British vet, his point was proven.
    Was he successfully prosecuted, because I would suggest that would be the test of whether he lives in an authoritarian society?

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    There is no one on this forum less liberal than you are. Neveragain had that distinction until showing they had a remarkably nuanced opinion on abortion. I'm honestly intrigued on just what aspect of politics you consider you consider your views are liberal on.

For the record, deciding whether to wear the red arm band on your right or left arm each day isn't liberalism on your part.
    Lol... you can keep saying it all you want - it's not true, it's never been true, and will never be true.

See morons like you, who are ignorant followers, are easy to control. I assume at some point much, much later in your life you'll realize what a puppet you were for others political and financial gain.

When you can't support your beliefs, when you can't support your theories, when you can't support your ideas with context and insight... the result is you.

You think that response from you proves a point? It only proves your lack of awareness and the fact you can't support anything you claim to believe... because if you were to ever express it fully - your true nature and disdain for your fellow human would be on display for all to see.

It's how we all realized you were a pedophile... you spoke a bit to much about your support for teaching sex to 6 year olds. Some sick shit man.
    Last edited by Shaps; 08-01-2022 at 08:05 PM.

I don't care enough to look it up for myself.

Correct. Liberals are cunts.

Awks
    No, leftists that have hijacked the term liberal are cucks. An actual liberal is not even represented anymore in politics.

Blog Entries

Was he successfully prosecuted, because I would suggest that would be the test of whether he lives in an authoritarian society?
    The fact that you are OK with armed authorities arresting an individual for a meme, is all that needs to be said.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The fact that you are OK with armed authorities arresting an individual for a meme, is all that needs to be said.
    It's the UK, they arent armed.

Blog Entries

It's the UK, they arent armed.
    Because that was the point being made.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984