Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gavin Newsom Copies Texas Abortion Law, But for Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    That's nice. I've probably bagged more bray squirrel, dove, quail and wild hog than you have bullets you've shot in the last five years.
    Really, let's put a number on that you lying piece of shit. I took some classes this year so between 9mm and 5.56 I have put at least 4000 rounds downrange since Jan 1.

STFU.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 07-29-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Dang that stinks you can’t get the good stuff. They did the same to surplus 7n6 5.45x39 even though it’s really not armor penetrating. Any bullet going fast enough can defeat level iiia soft armor. When it comes to penetrating body armor velocity is king. With the level iv hard plates you need both velocity and a heavy tungsten core.
    All it really is, it that the round on a regular 5.7 has rifle ballistics and easily penetrates soft armor, which is what most cops use. Any rifle can penetrate that, but pistol rounds typically can't.

The rounds you can buy are subsonic or hollow point, neither of which will penetrate soft armor effectively.

Of course, even the lowest level NIJ certified plates can stop any of the 5.7 rounds.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-29-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Yes, I have typos like everyone else. Thanks for the intellectual discourse, you never fail to underwhelm!
    rofl, that isn't a typo. You probably think there is a tank called an Abraham's Tank.

Blog Entries

In other news, all active, reserve, and veterans with honorable discharges are allowed to concealed carry without a permit in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    In other news, all active, reserve, and veterans with honorable discharges are allowed to concealed carry without a permit in Louisiana.
    I had totally missed that until you pointed it out. I have my CCW but it is always good news when people who are proficient with firearms are armed and it is just another step closer to constitutional carry.

And I personally would never own a DE, I mean I think they are cool and all, but I would buy a Colt Python before that, in stainless with a 6 inch barrel please.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    And I personally would never own a DE, I mean I think they are cool and all, but I would buy a Colt Python before that, in stainless with a 6 inch barrel please.
    The Python is what I was looking at first, but the Anaconda won my heart for a few reasons. I already have a 357 magnum (my dad’s old S&W Model 19). The new Colt snake guns are amazing. The old Anaconda’s were built on the trooper markiii coil mainspring design and were nowhere near the hand fitted quality of the old Pythons. However these new production Anacondas share the same leaf spring design as the new Pythons, and are truly just a bigger beefier version. The trigger is so smooth in double action and the finish is amazing. Both the new Python & Anaconda are great, but I opted for the biggest baddest snake Colt ever made.

The only other Colt I own is an original army issued SAA that’s a family heirloom. I don’t shoot that one because of the age, value, and black power Cowboy shooting is just not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    ...black power Cowboy shooting is just not my thing.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription