file size last update author DLs rating
    ---------- ---- ------------------ ---------- --- ------
    policy.lic 0.2k 2014-09-30 1:03pm Gibreficul 17

Policy reader
    for reading policy
    Because sometimes you gotta do it
    author: Gibreficul
    tags: utility, scripting violation
    "Brb Itzel, gonna go take a dump while I run this ;policy script since it doesn't generate exp, silvers, fame, etc."
    Last edited by Methais; 08-03-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I think the script checks are horseshit, along with most of the GMs.

The only time I was script checked I had some young child run up to me and it said something along the lines of how he likes my weapon and asked if he could see it/hold it/use it. I didn't know it was a script check since I had never had one before and I DISMISSed the child and kept on going. A few moments later the child appears again and asks the same question and I said, 'No. And then told the child to go away and leave me alone.

The child shows up again a few moments later and asks again and I told it to leave me alone and go away and I kept going on doing what I was doing. A moment later I was snatched up into a room and told I was scripting and didn't respond to the script check because I didn't use the syntax of ANSWER NO (like you would answer questions from the Ragin' Thrak, use the ANSWER verb). I told the GM I was talking to it and told it multiple times to go away and it couldn't use see my weapon and that it wasn't made clear you needed to use the ANSWER verb, but because I didn't use ANSWER, even though I was talking to the kid and responding, I was "scripting".

I was so pissed I un-subbed for a couple of months and took a short break.
    That is so absolutely fucked. That would have spelled me selling everything and leaving forever after posting the log on the forums and Discord, which would have no effect on anyone whatsoever of course. It might even help the brown-noses improve their standing with the GMs when they inevitably come to their defense.

A friend of mine did exactly this when he had the same thing happen. It did nothing. He was called a lot of things in Discord it was disgusting.

My own experience and only warning for scripting came when I was fletching at a table. The entire screen blew up with a big status like when you level up but x10, saying ''if you are paying attention type Vultite is the worst smelling metal'' right at the bottom I had to scroll to find it.
    I was halfway through reading wall of text when I was pulled away into a room and left there to read policy.
    I tried to explain everything like I just did now, they didn't even reply. That's the whole interaction. If anything like that ever happens again I am out. Nothing of importance would be lost of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    A friend of mine did exactly this when he had the same thing happen. It did nothing. He was called a lot of things in Discord it was disgusting.
    Discord is overflowing with toxic mental illness, and most of the people who live on Discord 24/7 will do literally anything if they think it will get a GM to pay attention to them. I'm pretty sure they whack off just to the thought of it.

It's like the GS equivalent of a normal person going to an anime convention.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I think the issue is that sometimes, for some unknown reason, ;wander ignores the obvious hiding string and doesn't keep walking around. My non-bigshot script has the same issue sometimes and just starts blasting at stuff when someone's in the room using obvious hiding.

But yeah, I don't recall that ever happening when a disk was there.
    is there a line to check for other PCs? I have a script I use to hunt when i am grouped but till need to work... but I don't know how it would just check for other people outside my group. Needless to say I start shooting and my friend susually have to pull me out of there then I, yell sorry!
    [LNet]-GSIV:Pathragers: "i try to avoid talking on here as much as i can as well"

Quote Originally Posted by ycelacie View Post
    is there a line to check for other PCs? I have a script I use to hunt when i am grouped but till need to work... but I don't know how it would just check for other people outside my group. Needless to say I start shooting and my friend susually have to pull me out of there then I, yell sorry!
    I don't know shit about Lich code but I would assume yes, since 99% of the time it doesn't stop when someone ungrouped is in the room, either in the open or using obvious hiding/disk. I have no clue why it just randomly fucks up, but it's uncommon enough to where it isn't much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ycelacie View Post
    Not sure how your script is set up, but here is a simple script you can run and leave running in the background:

Code:
    $everyone_in_my_group = Array.new
    $my_group_leader = nil
    fput "group"
    while line = get
    	if line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) (is following you.|is the leader of your group.|is also a member of your group.)/
    		$everyone_in_my_group.push($1)
    		if line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) is the leader of your group./
    			$my_group_leader = $1
    		elsif line =~ /is following you./
    			$my_group_leader = checkname
    		end
    	elsif line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) joins ([a-zA-Z]+)\'s group./
    		$everyone_in_my_group.push($1) if $2 == $my_group_leader
    	elsif line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) (?:clasps|adds|grabs|reaches out and holds|gently takes hold of) ([a-zA-Z]+)(?:\'s)? (?:hand tenderly.|to [a-zA-Z]+ group.|hand.)/
    		$everyone_in_my_group.push($2) if $1 == $my_group_leader
    	end
    end
    When first started it will note everyone who is part of your group, then anytime someone joins the group it will update everyone in your group. I didn't account for people leaving the group because I'm lazy, and also you don't get any notification when someone leaves the group, only if the group leader removes them.

Then you could use the global variable $everyone_in_my_group to check for people in your group.

For example:

Code:
    this_room = nil
    loop{
    	wait_until{ this_room != Room.current.id}
    	this_room = nil
    	wait_until{ GameObj.targets.count > 0}
    	wait_until{ checkpcs }
    	person_not_in_group = checkpcs.find{ |name| !$everyone_in_my_group.include?(name) }
    	echo person_not_in_group
    	if person_not_in_group
    		10.times{ echo "DO NOT ATTACK!" }
    	else
    		10.times{ echo "ATTACK!" }
    	end
    	this_room = Room.current.id
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Not sure how your script is set up, but here is a simple script you can run and leave running in the background:

Code:
    $everyone_in_my_group = Array.new
    $my_group_leader = nil
    fput "group"
    while line = get
    	if line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) (is following you.|is the leader of your group.|is also a member of your group.)/
    		$everyone_in_my_group.push($1)
    		if line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) is the leader of your group./
    			$my_group_leader = $1
    		elsif line =~ /is following you./
    			$my_group_leader = checkname
    		end
    	elsif line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) joins ([a-zA-Z]+)\'s group./
    		$everyone_in_my_group.push($1) if $2 == $my_group_leader
    	elsif line =~ /([a-zA-Z]+) (?:clasps|adds|grabs|reaches out and holds|gently takes hold of) ([a-zA-Z]+)(?:\'s)? (?:hand tenderly.|to [a-zA-Z]+ group.|hand.)/
    		$everyone_in_my_group.push($2) if $1 == $my_group_leader
    	end
    end
    When first started it will note everyone who is part of your group, then anytime someone joins the group it will update everyone in your group. I didn't account for people leaving the group because I'm lazy, and also you don't get any notification when someone leaves the group, only if the group leader removes them.

Then you could use the global variable $everyone_in_my_group to check for people in your group.

For example:

Code:
    this_room = nil
    loop{
    	wait_until{ this_room != Room.current.id}
    	this_room = nil
    	wait_until{ GameObj.targets.count > 0}
    	wait_until{ checkpcs }
    	person_not_in_group = checkpcs.find{ |name| !$everyone_in_my_group.include?(name) }
    	echo person_not_in_group
    	if person_not_in_group
    		10.times{ echo "DO NOT ATTACK!" }
    	else
    		10.times{ echo "ATTACK!" }
    	end
    	this_room = Room.current.id
    }
    I used something similar to this (modified ;wander) and it still would randomly poach. My best solution was to set up a global variable that would toggle $combat between nil and true so that I could push a macro from any any of the party clients to instantly stop any and all actions so I could say sorry, pull prone players, and move on without extra disruption.
    Last edited by adred; 10-01-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    adred0111 (discord)