Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittney Griner

1. Default

Things are a little more sensitive right now. What pressure will we wput on? Economic? We are in the middle of that. There's a war where we are arguably engaged as a proxy by giving Ukraine arms. There's not really a feasible way to pressure Russia over one us citizen without starting another WW

Also the state department already tells people not to go to Russia. Basically they say the situation is dire, travel at your risk.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ederation.html

I just did some international travel to a relatively safe tourist country and heeded all DOS advisories. People who go to these places like Iran l, north Korea, China I think do so at great risk.
    Last edited by LOL BRIELUS; 07-18-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Anyone crossing international borders with drugs is a fucking idiot and deserve the idiot award if they get caught.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    Things are a little more sensitive right now. What pressure will we wput on? Economic? We are in the middle of that. There's a war where we are arguably engaged as a proxy by giving Ukraine arms. There's not really a feasible way to pressure Russia over one us citizen without starting another WW

Also the state department already tells people not to go to Russia. Basically they say the situation is dire, travel at your risk.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ederation.html

I just did some international travel to a relatively safe tourist country and heeded all DOS advisories. People who go to these places like Iran l, north Korea, China I think do so at great risk.
    You think we have maxed out every sort of thing we can do to Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Anyone crossing international borders with drugs is a fucking idiot and deserve the idiot award if they get caught.
    Sure, but a US citizen doesn't deserve 10 years for two vape cartridges.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-18-2022 at 11:02 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

My favorite part about all this is how people are screaming shit like "If the WNBA paid better she wouldn't have been 'forced' to go play in Russia during the offseason!"

Meanwhile, 100% of the people screaming that shit have never purchased a WNBA ticket or any sort of WNBA merchandise or supported the league in any sort of financial way.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    My favorite part about all this is how people are screaming shit like "If the WNBA paid better she wouldn't have been 'forced' to go play in Russia during the offseason!"

Meanwhile, 100% of the people screaming that shit have never purchased a WNBA ticket or any sort of WNBA merchandise or supported the league in any sort of financial way.
    Nah, they are a failing business that only exists because the NBA supports it. When you're in a failing business you don't get paid the same as someone doing your job in a successful business, regardless of your gender or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Nah, they are a failing business that only exists because the NBA supports it. When you're in a failing business you don't get paid the same as someone doing your job in a successful business, regardless of your gender or whatever.
    Yes, but they're far too stupid to understand any of that.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Sure, but a US citizen doesn't deserve 10 years for two vape cartridges.
    I don't think anyone deserves time in prison for any drugs, but, it's their legal system. That's why you don't cross international borders with drugs.

I know I'm unwilling to pay further financial sacrifices through more sanctions because an individual is unable to use common sense.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I don't think anyone deserves time in prison for any drugs, but, it's their legal system. That's why you don't cross international borders with drugs.

I know I'm unwilling to pay further financial sacrifices through more sanctions because an individual is unable to use common sense.
    What financial sacrifices have you made?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

If I wanted to watch slow motion athletics, I can go watch the high school teams.

Though, this womens arena football league deserves more limelight:

I could watch that shit all day.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

What financial sacrifices have you made?
    Gas prices, food prices, 60 billion dollar handouts of tax payer money.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984