Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How has the loot cap mechanics panned out?

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    Here are the drains this year so far, from what I can tell, and a couple other interesting quotes:

Duskruin Arena and Duskruin Dig:

Rings of Lumnis:

How much is being generated?"

June WPS Wagon and Rumor Woods:

February WPS Wagon (for bloodscrip; I'm bringing this up for a reason, bear with me)

So ~12 billion for February Duskruin, ~7.7 billion for Rings of Lumnis (event box only, not referring to the silver shops), ~10.1 billion for July auction. That's 29.8 billion, then 1 more from the June WPS wagon and 2.5 from Rumor Woods. I don't know of any further updates Wyrom shared, but I'm betting the June WPS wagon made significantly more than 1 billion since the February bloodscrip wagon took 22.3 million. Even if I estimate that at only 25% the silver equivalent, that would put the June wagon at 5.575b.

So 37.875 billion drained.

Meanwhile, he's saying that February Duskruin generated 4.7 billion silver and it's one of the higher months of the year, where 20 billion would be "far more" than the first four months of 2022. That's sort of vague, but let's say those four months generated 15 billion, just to pick a number. (Personally, I wouldn't call 33% more "far more," but I want to use conservative numbers.)

If February did 4.7, the other three would be 3.43 billion each. Let's say that keeps up the whole year, where Duskruin months are 4.7 billion and other months are 3.43. (I assume silver generation goes way down during Ebon Gate, but, again, I'm just throwing out sample numbers to get a feel for it.)

That would be 43.73 billion generated each year, but so far they've drained 37.875 billion this year and more is coming with Duskruin and Ebon Gate, even if not also a second auction. Low estimate would put those two boxes (DR/EG) at 3b each like the first DR box. High estimate would put them at 7.7b like the RoL box. We'll split the difference and call it an average of 5.35b each, getting us to 48.575b drained per year.

Then there's whatever the EG shops, digging, and games drain. I'll just call that 3 billion, with no idea of whether it's a high or low estimate. And then there could be a second auction, which I'll put at 10 billion like the first one.

Even if do they make it to 61.575 billion drained and 43.73 billion generated this year (I still think that's a high estimate on generation), that would cut back into about a year of surplus... so the real question is how many years of surplus are floating around out there and how poor the drains were before event boxes existed. At least they had WPS wagons, so there's that.
    None of this matters if there are trillions of silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    None of this matters if there are trillions of silver.
    There isn't trillions of silver.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Someone was posting on lnet earlier about one of the SimuCon panels and that Estild said there was somewhere in the range of tens of billions of silvers in circulation. That being said, if they have drained 50b thus far this year, I feel like that amount has to be in the hundreds of billions not tens of billions. I don't see how they could have drained half the supply in 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    Someone was posting on lnet earlier about one of the SimuCon panels and that Estild said there was somewhere in the range of tens of billions of silvers in circulation. That being said, if they have drained 50b thus far this year, I feel like that amount has to be in the hundreds of billions not tens of billions. I don't see how they could have drained half the supply in 8 months.
    I'd agree there are probably billions more out there, more than we're told. For the longest time silvers have been phased out as the currency of choice and just recently (the past year) started making a come back with ways to use them in game.

What did you pay with at events before BS? You used silver. You may have spent real money on buying an entry/ticket to an event - such as the Dhu Gillywack - but you used silvers once you got on the ship. Silvers paid for it all. Eventually these events kind of slowly started to vanish and we were left with EG being the big event every year we could stock pile silvers for, but that even changed. It's been 7 years now since DR has been out and silvers haven't been worth a shit in game since. In that past decade or so that silvers haven't played much of a role in having any kind of buying power outside of the odd silver auction, we've had countless people leave and not come back....people that had big impacts on the game (RP-wise and/or merchant-wise) and it wouldn't be hard to believe that some of them may have left with millions or billions of silvers in their bank account.

With that in mind, does Wyrom count inactive accounts in the total silvers in circulation? I'd guess he doesn't because an inactive account can't spend silvers they have and I'd honestly be surprised if he did because with all the people that have come and gone I wouldn't believe for a second that there aren't billions of silvers sitting on all the inactive accounts.

From Wyrom
    Yeah, so that is active accounts. People holding onto billions are the outliers for the most part, though as we get closer to auctions or big silver events we start seeing the wealth gap really happen.The 50 billion wiped out this year is strictly talking about all the additional efforts. That's not touching on town systems, playershop fees, OSA, or any of the ways to use silvers every single day in game.
    I know the people who talk about silvers are very mindful about how to spend it, but just like there are people who will overspend at an auction, there are people who will spend everything on mundane stuff every day.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    Someone was posting on lnet earlier about one of the SimuCon panels and that Estild said there was somewhere in the range of tens of billions of silvers in circulation.
    Yeah there is no way it's only in the tens of billions, he either meant hundreds of billions or he misinformed.

Unless by "in circulation" he meant silver that was actually being traded back and forth between players on a regular basis and he wasn't including silvers people have been hoarding for weeks/months/years.

There's just no way otherwise. Now with loot caps in place, February is one of the highest silver generating months and it's still at 4.7 billion. I just don't see how, other than these recent silver draining events, that the game drains all that much silver otherwise. Unless those silver shops/digging at events drain a hell of a lot more silver than we realize.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-06-2022 at 01:12 AM.

from Wyrom
    When Estild mentioned tens of billions, he mostly was meaning eleven digit numbers. We might see twelve digits, but it was mostly to answer the question of, "50 bil is nothing if there are trillions out there."
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    from Wyrom
    Wyrom's explanation didn't really clear much up.

11 digits is between 10 billion and 99 billion, 12 digit numbers would be between 100 billion and 999 billion.

It sounds like he is saying ~90 billion in the economy is normal, and sometimes it goes above 100 billion?

The game must drain a hell of a lot more silvers than we all realize.

You can read through the thread, but the takeaway here is that among active accounts, there are not trillions of silvers in circulation.
    The WPS wagon does work with regards to silver drain.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    You can read through the thread, but the takeaway here is that among active accounts, there are not trillions of silvers in circulation.
    The WPS wagon does work with regards to silver drain.
    I figured it wasn't trillions of silvers, pretty sure that was just an exaggerated comment to make a point.

How much silvers are people tossing at the WPS wagon I wonder. I read the prices once and I figured people only do like 25 services or whatever it was during each window before the prices started to get really high.