Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Uploaded new script ;guess-who

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,377
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I agree. He should change "Unknown" to "Stranger."
    Peasant*
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Peasant*
    :O

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    There's an idea. Stranger does sound better.
    Gelston's race idea makes the most sense though for a future version.

    Giantman1, Half-Elf3, etc.


    And anyone under level 5 should just show up as "Noob." Too bad it's not exactly possible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Peasant*
    Cunt*
    Last edited by Methais; 07-14-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  4. #24

    Default

    We got updates!

    Version 4: Script should now properly do commands if the person's U# isn't the last command. For example doing "whisper u3 Hi there!" should now work.
    Version 4: Fixed bug with scan feature not assinging a unique name based on person's race and physical appearance if the person had a title or was kneeling/sitting when the scan was started.
    Version 4: Fixed bug with not seeing other people's speech or other actions if their name had been changed by the script. All should be good now!
    Version 4: There is now an option to add everyone on your befriend list to your known list. Check out the help menu for more info.
    Version 4: There is no easy way to hide someone's name unless you first see them in a room via LOOK or when you first enter a room, this means if you never saw Dreaven via LOOK you will see his name everywhere until you do so. To help remedy this the script now does "who full confirm" whenever the script is started and hides the name of everyone currently logged on via this method. This should catch most people, and eventually will catch everyone, and the script still hides their name whenever you LOOK in a room.
    Version 4: Default unknown name is now "Stranger", it was "Unknown." There is now an option to change this default name. Check out the help menu for more info.
    Version 4: You now have the option of changing what people's unknown name shows as. The default is their race followed by a random physical feature and their U#, you can also change it to just show their race and their U#, or you can just show what the default unknown name is followed by their U#. Check out the help menu for more info.
    Version 4: People's real names are hidden in more instances, such as when LOOKing at them and their disks.
    Version 4: All disks will show up as simply "disk" when LOOKing in a room. Someday when I'm feeling less lazy I'll just replace the real name on the disk with the unknown name.

    And one thing left on my to do list:

    Get script to replace ALL real names in every game line. At the moment it will just replace the first person's real name, so if any game line mentions multiple people it will replace the first person's name but not anyone else's.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    We got updates!

    Version 4: Script should now properly do commands if the person's U# isn't the last command. For example doing "whisper u3 Hi there!" should now work.
    Version 4: Fixed bug with scan feature not assinging a unique name based on person's race and physical appearance if the person had a title or was kneeling/sitting when the scan was started.
    Version 4: Fixed bug with not seeing other people's speech or other actions if their name had been changed by the script. All should be good now!
    Version 4: There is now an option to add everyone on your befriend list to your known list. Check out the help menu for more info.
    Version 4: There is no easy way to hide someone's name unless you first see them in a room via LOOK or when you first enter a room, this means if you never saw Dreaven via LOOK you will see his name everywhere until you do so. To help remedy this the script now does "who full confirm" whenever the script is started and hides the name of everyone currently logged on via this method. This should catch most people, and eventually will catch everyone, and the script still hides their name whenever you LOOK in a room.
    Version 4: Default unknown name is now "Stranger", it was "Unknown." There is now an option to change this default name. Check out the help menu for more info.
    Version 4: You now have the option of changing what people's unknown name shows as. The default is their race followed by a random physical feature and their U#, you can also change it to just show their race and their U#, or you can just show what the default unknown name is followed by their U#. Check out the help menu for more info.
    Version 4: People's real names are hidden in more instances, such as when LOOKing at them and their disks.
    Version 4: All disks will show up as simply "disk" when LOOKing in a room. Someday when I'm feeling less lazy I'll just replace the real name on the disk with the unknown name.

    And one thing left on my to do list:

    Get script to replace ALL real names in every game line. At the moment it will just replace the first person's real name, so if any game line mentions multiple people it will replace the first person's name but not anyone else's.
    You should integrate this script with that RP bot script you wrote a while back.

    Then nothing will be able to stop GS from having the best RP in the history of RP.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,377
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    make a hooker bot and stick it in the mews in landing
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    make a hooker bot and stick it in the mews in landing
    And case Disease on their clients at the end.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-15-2022 at 11:01 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  8. #28

    Default

    I’m writing this all down for my next script!

  9. #29

    Default

    More updates!

    Version 5: Unfortunately all settings will be reset when you upgrade to this version. This shouldn't be required again for any future updates.
    Version 5: Got rid of all of the extra and unnecessary blank game lines that were showing up while script was running.
    Version 5: Disks will no longer show up as just "disk" and will now show the person's name; their real name if they are on your known list, and their unknown name if not.
    Version 5: Now ALL real names will be hidden (except for people on your known list of course), no matter how many people are mentioned in the same game line. Prior to this version only 1 person's name was hidden per game line, so if multiple people were mentioned on the same game line everyone past the first person would show their real name, but no more because this is fixed!
    Version 5: You can now change someone's custom name using their real name, you no longer have to use their U# (although U# still works too). Check the help menu for more info.
    Version 5: You can now reset someone's custom name. You can use either their U# or real name to reset their custom name. Check the help menu for more info.
    Version 5: You can now list everyone you have assigned a custom name to. There are two options: One will show their real name, U#, and their custom name, the other option just shows their U# and custom name. Check the help menu for more info.
    Version 5: There is now an option to show everyone's real name by default, and will show their custom name if you have set one for them. For example with this option on you will see everyone's real name, but if you have set Dreaven's custom name to "Bob" then Dreaven will show up as Bob and everyone else you haven't set custom names for will use their real names.

  10. #30

    Default

    The script is finished unless anyone has any other ideas. The script does everything (and more!) that I wanted it to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •