Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uploaded new script ;guess-who

Sounds neat. Look forward to the evolution of this.
    Find me in game as Alastir
    Or on Discord as: Alastir#5665

Another update already?! You bet your sweet ass!

Version 3: You can now interact with unknown people. Refer to their U#. For example if you see (U23) after someone's name then you can do: "wave u23" to wave at that person.
    Version 3: Script now replaces a person's real name in MOST instances. What I have noticed at the moment is it won't replace someone's real name when you LOOK at them or if more than 1 person is mentioned in the same line. This will be updated at some point.

Examples:
    Also here: Dark Elf with ashen skin (U17), Bochser, Erithian taller than average (U12), Halfling very young (U6), Burghal Gnome with a wart-tipped nose (U11), Halfling with a broad chest (U15), Burghal Gnome with a pointed chin (U14), Halfling with raggedly cut (U13), Halfling with tied back blue-black hair worn in a single braid (U8), Halfling with a silver clockwork owl perched on his shoulder (U20), Halfling with a delicate face (U18), Halfling with golden brown skin (U19), Halfling with copper skin (U7), Dark Elf with straight jet black hair streaked with silver (U9), Half-Elf with a small nose (U16), Halfling with an upturned nose (U21), Aelotoi with a pair of crystal green wings (U23), Erithian very young (U5), DAMMIT BOBBY (U1), Dwarf with a pronounced overbite (U4), Elf average height (U3)

wave u1
    You wave to DAMMIT BOBBY (U1).

wave u17
    You wave to Dark Elf with ashen skin (U17).

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Version 3: Script now replaces a person's real name in MOST instances. What I have noticed at the moment is it won't replace someone's real name when you LOOK at them or if more than 1 person is mentioned in the same line. This will be updated at some point.
    Now that I think about it, I didn't even try testing this with SAY, YELL, or ACT. I already logged off for the night. No idea if it will work with those or if those will just totally break the script. Someone test and let me know. I can check it out more tomorrow.

I just realized that if the person’s U# isn’t the last word in a command it might not work either.

So doing “wave u11” would work, but doing “whisper u11 sup?” might not work.

I’ll test and fix tomorrow.

This is an awesome idea, I like to see scripts being used to enhance the roleplay in the game rather than being used to break it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

So uh yeah. Apparently you can't see what people are saying when the script is active at the moment. I shall fix this tonight!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So uh yeah. Apparently you can't see what people are saying when the script is active at the moment. I shall fix this tonight!
    Fuck 'em, it isn't important what peasants say anyways.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Fuck 'em, it isn't important what peasants say anyways.
    :O!

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    while i agree that characters should be introduced better/more often.. i dont think that's the solution
    I agree. He should change "Unknown" to "Stranger."

The "serious roleplayers" should be all about this though.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-14-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I agree. He should change "Unknown" to "Stranger."
    There's an idea. Stranger does sound better.