Thread: Uploaded new script ;squelch

Default Uploaded new script ;squelch

I already had a script on the repo called ;squelch, but I removed that one and uploaded a newer and better and much simpler version!

Someone annoying you? SQUELCH THEM!

Add people to your squelch list and you'll never see their speech, verbs, or other shenanigans again!

Note: This also means that if someone else is interacting with the person (talking directly TO them, using a verb on them, etc) that those lines will also be squelched.
    Also game lines when you LOOK in a room and when someone mentions the person's name won't be squelched, but instead the person's name will simply show up as Squelched.

To see the help menu do: ;send squelch help

Start squelching people TODAY!

Run this script in the background to make use of it's squelching powers. Kill the script at any time if you wish to stop squelching people.

Script will still show if a squelched person joins your group.

Watch the script in action:

Code:

You can't see it, but it's working!

When LOOKing in a room:
    Code:
    You notice the Ardque disk, the Dravnib disk, the Dreaven disk and the crab-shaped Squelched disk.
    Also here: Dravnib, Squelched, Ardque

Only 3 downloads so far. I'm kind of surprised. I thought there would be more people who wanted to squelch someone. I guess 99.14% of the GS population gets along with one another!

3. Default

I actually was independently thinking of something similar - I'll hereby submit my ideas to someone much more capable!

I'd love a feature or script where I could squelch certain types of screen scroll.

The dream is some kind of config - either UI or text-based - where you could toggle various types of messages:
    - People casting spells on themselves
    - People casting spells on others (just in case something untowards goes down, you might not want to miss it)
    - People other than you being healed
    - Unsure of an elegant solution, but people coming and leaving the room. Maybe something like how ;spellmerge groups these into buckets? ("Person1, person2, and person3 have left the room")
    Etc...

I'm pretty sure there are some scripts out there, or even native features in the Wrayth client, that will squelch certain lines, but the differentiator here is only enabling it in certain rooms. Being able to set a threshold of number of people in a room before this autosquelch happens, or add specific rooms (like ;wander add) would be super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedarius5 View Post
    I actually was independently thinking of something similar - I'll hereby submit my ideas to someone much more capable!

I'd love a feature or script where I could squelch certain types of screen scroll.

The dream is some kind of config - either UI or text-based - where you could toggle various types of messages:
    - People casting spells on themselves
    - People casting spells on others (just in case something untowards goes down, you might not want to miss it)
    - People other than you being healed
    - Unsure of an elegant solution, but people coming and leaving the room. Maybe something like how ;spellmerge groups these into buckets? ("Person1, person2, and person3 have left the room")
    Etc...

I'm pretty sure there are some scripts out there, or even native features in the Wrayth client, that will squelch certain lines, but the differentiator here is only enabling it in certain rooms. Being able to set a threshold of number of people in a room before this autosquelch happens, or add specific rooms (like ;wander add) would be super cool.
    Sounds like an awesome idea. Only problem is there are so many different spell up messages and other different types of messages and I can't think of an easy way to differentiate them all from regular game lines, other than manually entering them all into the script.