Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigil Staff Users: what are your favorite spells?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Whaaaaat? Thats a huge change. I might have to get a few x/days for my bag o trixx.
    It's been this way for several years now.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It's been this way for several years now.
    relevant to the topic, i just learned yesterday clerics can do rods so instead of 3 charges of 211 in a gem you can put 8 and get the duration of raise.. pretty life changing
    Last edited by Realk; 07-17-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    relevant to the topic, i just learned yesterday clerics can do rods so instead of 3 charges of 211 in a gem you can put 8 and get the duration of raise.. pretty life changing
    How can clerics embed a rod? don't you need 420 for that?

How can clerics embed a rod? don't you need 420 for that?
    325 Holy Receptacle does it for clerics, i thought it was limited to gems, but they can do rods too now which either changed recently or i'm just slow..

on that same note wasting money on xday items for 102 would be silly because you can find a sorcerer to imbed 102 rods for you all day also, or as recently learned a cleric to do that too
    Last edited by Realk; 07-18-2022 at 10:12 AM.

I learned about this just now.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

325 Holy Receptacle does it for clerics, i thought it was limited to gems, but they can do rods too now which either changed recently or i'm just slow..

on that same note wasting money on xday items for 102 would be silly because you can find a sorcerer to imbed 102 rods for you all day also, or as recently learned a cleric to do that too
    Can you transfer player embed rods to sigil staff?

Thought it was only scrolls.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 07-19-2022 at 03:36 AM.

Can you transfer player embed rods to sigil staff?

Thought it was only scrolls.
    the idea was the decision making on how you choose them

Question regarding the spell add functionality of sigil staffs: When it comes to the main benefit of this function, is it just the fact that each spell slot can hold up to 40 charges of a spell, which is obviously a lot more than any one scroll with that spell on it, OR saves you the trouble of having a sorc unlock and charge a scroll for you? Most people listed spells like: 102, bravery, spirit warding 1, spirit warding 2, etc, but all of those spells stack anyway, so it's not like you couldn't just use scrolls to spell yourself up with them for a couple hours of coverage before you go hunt. It doesn't seem like you'd gain much by putting them on your sigil staff other than to act as a scroll consolidation tool, like a codex.

It seems like putting spells on the staff would help you more if it was 1711 (which was mentioned), so you're not dealing with heavy quartz orbs, assuming your hunt lasts longer than the 5 minutes the quartz orb lasts, or maybe something like grasp of the grave, where you could activate that off the staff and knock mobs to the ground before attacking them. But in the case of grasp of the grave, that wouldn't matter if you're a CS caster, just if you were bolting. Or maybe also something like 609 Sunburst, so you can blind creatures in the room. Or am I thinking about this wrong?

9. Default

I got 2 of the staffs unlocked to hold spells, and I consolidated a shit load of scrolls onto them.

I do not hunt with them, they are just for convenient spell up

I got all the best spells from the scroll collection article on gswiki
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Question regarding the spell add functionality of sigil staffs: When it comes to the main benefit of this function, is it just the fact that each spell slot can hold up to 40 charges of a spell, which is obviously a lot more than any one scroll with that spell on it, OR saves you the trouble of having a sorc unlock and charge a scroll for you? Most people listed spells like: 102, bravery, spirit warding 1, spirit warding 2, etc, but all of those spells stack anyway, so it's not like you couldn't just use scrolls to spell yourself up with them for a couple hours of coverage before you go hunt. It doesn't seem like you'd gain much by putting them on your sigil staff other than to act as a scroll consolidation tool, like a codex.

It seems like putting spells on the staff would help you more if it was 1711 (which was mentioned), so you're not dealing with heavy quartz orbs, assuming your hunt lasts longer than the 5 minutes the quartz orb lasts, or maybe something like grasp of the grave, where you could activate that off the staff and knock mobs to the ground before attacking them. But in the case of grasp of the grave, that wouldn't matter if you're a CS caster, just if you were bolting. Or maybe also something like 609 Sunburst, so you can blind creatures in the room. Or am I thinking about this wrong?
    For me it's mostly convenience/laziness. I don't bother getting scrolls charged, I mostly just check the pawnshop and scrolls that I find. If I find something decent in the pawnshop, I'll buy it, transfer the spell to my staff, then sell the scroll back to the pawnshop, which usually comes out to maybe a few hundred silvers spent.