View Poll Results: Are you in favor of a pickpocketing flag?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 39.34%
  • No

37 60.66%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are you in favor of a pickpocketing flag?

Default Poll: Are you in favor of a pickpocketing flag?

Since someone decided to cheat and flood the online poll with votes, I figured I'd just create a poll here instead. Please disregard the other poll as it is meaningless.

Tacos.

Also, a pickpocketing flag is right near the top of the dumbest things they've ever proposed, though it would be suplanted by a PVP flag. Oh wait, we kind of sort of have that, on an individual level. Can we all just plant corn and harvest it now, repeatedly for 75 cents per seed toss? One of us will get lucky and grow rare popcorn that provides spells that don't count against divergence, the rest will be screwed out of 75 cents. Enjoy your stay here at the Gemstone Farm.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Also, a pickpocketing flag is right near the top of the dumbest things they've ever proposed
    You know the GMs have come up with a horrible idea when Archigeek and I agree on something.

Tacos.
    In addition to Tacos, can we please get another option on all polls: "I don't give two shits, just let me go kill some rats."

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    In addition to Tacos, can we please get another option on all polls: "I don't give two shits, just let me go kill some rats."
    Apparently you care enough to post.

Blog Entries

No taco option, poll is invalid. It also serves as "I don't care if there is a flag or not."

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    That wouldn't really mean he cares very much. It isn't hard or time consuming to post.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-07-2022 at 06:48 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post

A pickpocket flag reminds me very much of a "politically correct" sort of thing.

If I leave my containers open, then I risk losing a gem or a few silver. If you stick your hand in one of my containers, you risk losing that hand to a jaw trap. Sounds like a fair trade to me. Not to mention, catching a thief in the act can be some really fun RP.

Would really prefer if they would expand the pickpocketing system. Let pickpockets steal a bit from NPC shops and gain some experience from it. Do not make it safe for them though. The NPC can call the law on you, except at Helga's. Helga just gets to beat you senseless if she catches you.

Blog Entries

Tacos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    In addition to Tacos
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No taco option, poll is invalid.
    ^
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

As long as it stays with stealing gems and coin maybe even common magic items (think wands, small statues and the like) I don't see the need for a pickpocket flag. If they're thinking about adding the ability to pickpocket weapons or stuff like the x/day items from DR I'd be completely for a flag.