Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Invisibility (916)

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default

    You will like all of the useless spells wizards now have! LIKE IT!

  3. #3

    Default

    I dont guess i've put much thought into it, but 715 is mostly junk and 615 also.. so the surrounding spells are on level and 917 beats 717 until you can ward with great success 617 is cool and all but it's not on par with 917 or 717 at all

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    an orbit gone wrong
    Posts
    13,484
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "Thank you for your input, Winter. Those spells have now had their effectiveness and utility adjusted to be more in line with Invisibility."
    Last edited by Taernath; 07-06-2022 at 11:50 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,774
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    "Thank you for your input, Winter. Those spells have now had their effectiveness and utility adjusted to be more in line with Invisibility."
    :: changes 516 to Remove Invisibility ::


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I dont guess i've put much thought into it, but 715 is mostly junk and 615 also.. so the surrounding spells are on level and 917 beats 717 until you can ward with great success 617 is cool and all but it's not on par with 917 or 717 at all
    715 is really good. It's a guaranteed -25 TD debuff that doesn't require warding to achieve. That is huge because it's the only such ability in the game. If you crank your CS high enough you stop needing it, but while leveling (such as starting a new hunting area above you), against ancient/grizzled, and a lot of sorcerers find use for it in Hinterwilds.

    916 is not a good spell at all and hopefully they just make being invisible an innate wizard FEAT and put a real spell in that slot one day.

  7. #7

    Default

    I never use 916 for anything other than RP. However, it is kind of fun to play around with. Since they added custom spell preps one of my characters causes a small thundercloud to form. Looks fun when i'm invis.

    Would be cool if the spell was more useful other than RP tho.
    ..:: My Wares ::..

    WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D

  8. #8

    Default

    I guess if you want to spy on people and watch them cyber or something it could be useful. Good luck staying invisible in front of a kobold or anything though even when capped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    "Thank you for your input, Winter. Those spells have now had their effectiveness and utility adjusted to be more in line with Invisibility."
    And here's the Discord crowd's reaction:

    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    hopefully they just make being invisible an innate wizard FEAT and put a real spell in that slot one day.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  10. Default

    I use Invisibility all the time to hide out while I rest or squelch my spellups and noisy ;foreach commands. That said, pretty much completely useless in the field. They aught to make it synergize with Stalk/Hide so a 1x S/H wizard with Invis and some lores can hide in combat with some reliability. Maybe some light DS pushdown and weighting if paired with sufficient Ambush training. Wizard bolt AS is probably too high for balanced ambush bolting, but it's probably fair for weapon attacks since they can only 1x. In other words, just go ahead and buff my warmage, np right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •