Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First concert you ever went to or for that matter any concert you went to

Default First concert you ever went to or for that matter any concert you went to

I saw the following post about TheEschalon's first concert and was about to reply to it with my own first concert story, but then I said to myself. "Self, you should create a whole thread for that shit". And so I did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    You know what my first concert was when I was 14? No Doubt opening for Smashing Pumpkins. That was great. Infinite Sadness was one of my favorite albums of growing up.
    My first concert was MC Hammer in Reno. Probably 1992. 2 Legit 2 Quit tour. Srsly. It was aight. Somebody shot at Jodeci (the opening act). The concert went on anyway.

So far the only concert I have tickets for this year is Tenacious D. It will rule.

First was 10,000 Maniacs. Last was Metallica. It's been awhile since I've been to a concert...
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

You know, I can't remember now if it was No Doubt opening for Smashing Pumpkins, or if it was No Doubt opening for Bush and the Smashing Pumpkins concert was some other time.

Part of me wants to say the former, part of me wants to say the latter solely based on the idea that Gwen Stefani had to meet Gavin whatever-the-fuck-his-name is at some point. And I'm pretty sure I've been to a Bush concert as well.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

First was Red Hot Chili Peppers opening for Oingo Boingo. Me, my friend, and the girls we took had to get permission from our parents to go and were our rides.

I saw Bush and No Doubt play on the same stage at the BlockBuster rockfest in Dallas. Maybe 1996 or 1997. Gwen had just fucked her hair up. It really looked like she cut it herself with dull scissors while drunk.

Lots of good bands there that day. The Toadies, the Nixons... I can't even remember who else. I backpacked in 2 cases of beer. Good times.

The first concert I ever went might have actually been something at the New York Philharmonic, I must've been, like, a fetus. Maybe a little post fetus, I remember learning about the rules of sound in an auditorium and crap.

Then, warp drive, I'm at Culture Shock or Oktoberfest, fuck it, whatever it's called and just free roaming to all this free shit. Then of course all the other SUNYs got "better" artists, but I was more than cool with Aesop Rock, MC Paul Barman and Kool Keith like two feet outside my dorm. I drank my first 40oz that day, in lieu of getting drunk before attending loud music and lights. I remember that so I apparently didn't drink enough 40s.

The strangest concert I've ever been to was an Allman Bros. performance, based on the crowd alone. I wasn't chemically prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

And that wasn't my first 40oz. But, when you drink a 40oz to celebrate an artist, this = #1 fan. I have decided.
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    And that wasn't my first 40oz. But, when you drink a 40oz to celebrate an artist, this = #1 fan. I have decided.
    lol I haven't had a 40oz since Purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    lol I haven't had a 40oz since Purchase.
    It was Purchase ... so, yeeeah, I haven't exactly either.

I did see Reel Big Fish at the very first Warped Tour....when was that? Jesus, I'm old.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.