Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nephelem View Post
    the cynical weaponization of the language of consent trotted out on Discord to win arguments, more annoying.
    Finally someone called this out. The co-opting of victimhood language to try to win a policy argument in a text based MULTIPLAYER RPG is gross and disgusting. Sound like something came up with by the braintrust as Halfwit of the Akrati - Creep-O Maximus Alastir and borderline invalid H2U.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I've been on vacation so I haven't been able to join in.

One thing I wanted to point out as someone else did: This is not a PvE game, it's a role-playing game. Navigating negative interactions is always going to be a part of the game. If you think pickpocketing flags will do a damn thing to reduce it one iota, you are deluding yourself.

I've also explained multiple times how this will impact RP. And yes, there very much is RP that happens when pickpokceting happens but the thief isn't caught. I've been accused of stealing many times when I wasn't caught. It's a whole aspect that will be lost.

And Neovik, you claim "It could open the way for them to do this and that" if they add a flag, but can you seriously make that kind of claim? You honestly think they would lift a finger to help CvC pockpocketing? You obviously don't give two shits about my RP or that of others that are trying to be pickpockets. Don't go trying to act like it will be all good things for us.

And yeah, I could pickpocket you easily, but I don't normally pickpocket friends. Clearly I was mistaken. You could care less about my character and my RP. You've never once been a part of it so how would you know?

Why are you advocating for something that doesn't affect you or anyone else at all? Why are you so adamant about introducing a system that will destroy characters' roleplay, when you will gain nothing from the change and will lose nothing by it remaining as is?

This is merely an idealogical position, and not a fix to a real problem. But there's one thing I assure you this will do absolutely nothing to fix. Grieving and choosing interactions. Because those issues and pockpocketing are completely separate.
    Down boy! First off, welcome back! Hope you went some place nice and was able to unplug from tech for a bit.

Ok back to it… even though I don’t pick pocket, I’ve been a rogue since the early 90s and it’s part of our tool set. Don’t I get some say? Most of the people on here debating to not have a flag don’t pick pocket so should they not have a say too? Why is it only ok to have a say if they absolutely agree with your stance?

No matter what though, whatever I say will have no impact on if the flag goes in or not and I’ll ultimately be fine either way. I’m not here to be closed minded on the issue and my opinion evolves. The bottom line is this skill is broken and not being used at all. If a flag helps improve it isn’t that a good thing? Will it improve it? I can’t say for certain. But it’s broke the way it is if it’s not being used. I think the best bet on this one is to argue for the flag but with a lot of conditions to improve the player to player interaction with it. Conditions like sanc removals, less harsh punishments… etc…

Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    Finally someone called this out. The co-opting of victimhood language to try to win a policy argument in a text based MULTIPLAYER RPG is gross and disgusting. Sound like something came up with by the braintrust as Halfwit of the Akrati - Creep-O Maximus Alastir and borderline invalid H2U.
    Yeah, this was pretty disgusting on Discord. I got warned for calling it out.

At the end of the day it simply comes down to people feeling that they are being robbed out of RL $'s because silvers (and silver generating items) have value. So they will say anything to preserve that.

Also.. even though I don’t pick pocket I have caused mischief from time to time and can’t play a saint. Most recently (like 5-6 years ago) with my snowball satchel. I have unleashed the 1x a day snowball field in the middle of a Elf royalty thing with the mirror. Was thrown in jail and disrupted a RP event. But it was amusing. I did do it a few other times. Some GMs play along and join in… but not at all in elf town. They were pissed. But it was all in fun.

Over the years I have caught pick pockets in the middle of events but I would typically chuckle and not say anything. I mean I found it funny. Not sure if that makes me guilty or not.

Anyway as I said my opinion evolves the more I think about it and this is discussed. If this flag is going to lead us down a road to preventing other things I question the value of it but again PP is not good the way it is…. I’m just here to have fun and play a game. I can see why being stolen from without knowing wouldn’t be fun for someone. I also know some people wouldn’t take too kindly to having a snowball thrown at them. But in that aspect people need to lighten up and get off their high horse and have fun. But one big difference with PP is that the mark may never know they were stolen from…

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    One thing I wanted to point out as someone else did: This is not a PvE game, it's a role-playing game. Navigating negative interactions is always going to be a part of the game. If you think pickpocketing flags will do a damn thing to reduce it one iota, you are deluding yourself.
    When people say GS is a PvE game, they're referring to combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Yeah, this was pretty disgusting on Discord. I got warned for calling it out.

At the end of the day it simply comes down to people feeling that they are being robbed out of RL $'s because silvers (and silver generating items) have value. So they will say anything to preserve that.
    Those 500 silvers lost are really going to fuck with their ability to make rent on time.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-04-2022 at 10:49 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    When people say GS is a PvE game, they're referring to combat.

Those 500 silvers lost are really going to fuck with their ability to make rent on time.
    Generally speaking, many folks who play this game are mentally ill. They lose their shit over 100 silvers and a star diopside.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Generally speaking, many folks who play this game are mentally ill. They lose their shit over 100 silvers and a star diopside.

Many folks who run this game are also mentally ill.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

Many folks who run this game are also mentally ill.
    Recent footage of Discord server mechanics chat...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephelem View Post
    or the cynical weaponization of the language of consent trotted out on Discord to win arguments, more annoying.
    Well clearly this one.

We just need to convince the usual suspects on Discord that a GM watching your character for a few minutes under the guise of an "afk script check" is a violation of privacy and consent and then they'll announce a SET NOAFKSCRIPTCHECKS flag. If any of the GMs bitch about be sure to tell them the idea is a big "FUCK YOU" to all racist and sexist trolls so of course all of the racist and sexist trolls come around to complain about the suggestion.

Actually now that I type this I can actually see this plan working.