Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrNBlu View Post
    You're one of the ones I really want to hear from, H2U. Where did I lose you in my hypothetical? Do you not see any flaws in the idea that you should be able to pick and choose interactions?
    I do not see a flaw in being able to choose which *customers* I interact with in this CvE game, no.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Do those fire dresses get turned off if they get sprayed by a water canon? Did they hand out fire cloaks at Simucon once?
    I think both arguments are about ease of use over actual changes. All those items COULD be stopped and so could PP by doing other in game things but also, like PP, force you to do things to stop it you might not like.....maybe I don't want to walk around with demeanor cold.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Me or Naos?
    Hahaha, Naos. You're fine.
    Last edited by SlvrNBlu; 07-01-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    Do you actually need to pilfer the property of others to start a roleplay interaction as a thief?
    Considering that the very definition of a thief is someone who steals other peoples property, yes, you kind of have to steal someone's property to be a thief.

No risk of losing property literally waters down the actual emotion that fuels the role play.

There's no story where the protagonist becomes a thing without the antagonist doing anything.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Considering that the very definition of a thief is someone who steals other peoples property, yes, you kind of have to steal someone's property to be a thief.

No risk of losing property literally waters down the actual emotion that fuels the role play.

There's no story where the protagonist becomes a thing without the antagonist doing anything.
    The problem is that I wouldn't call this role play when the response you're most likely to get is an OOC anger reaction to someone stealing from you. If you want role play this is where you need opt in system.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post

Even if said emotion is coming from the *player* rather than the character?

7. Default

I do not see a flaw in being able to choose which *customers* I interact with in this CvE game, no.
    I think that's weird distinction. With customers, you can ask them to leave you alone and warn against them if there's a problem. And it's the other customers ability to do things that you are asking to limit because you don't like it. Why do you think you should have control over whether things you don't like happen to you?
    Last edited by SlvrNBlu; 07-01-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Something tells me both the character and player might suspect something is amiss when they literally can't steal anything from anyone.
    I keep hearing the claim that people opposed to the flag are the majority so I think you'll be fine. Maybe one of those three steal attempts per day will be against someone with a flag. And again, neither you nor your character will know if it's because of a flag or they just have no valuables.

The flag idea is a joke. Honestly it feels more like a slap in the face to people who wanted to RP a thief compared to just removing the ability to steal from other players altogether. Almost as if the GMs created the flag just to mock those players.
    Lol if they wanted to mock pickpockets they could have called it FLAG FUCKTHIEVES and have it echo LOLOLOL every time someone tried to pickpocket from them.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrNBlu View Post
    I think that's weird distinction. With customers, you can ask them to leave you alone and warn against them if there's a problem. And it's the other customers ability to do things that you are asking to limit because you don't like it. Why do you think you should have control over whether things you don't like happen to you?
    Simple: this is a CvE game. I'm not paying to have unwanted interactions with customers. I'm paying to interact with NPCs and Staff.

10. Default

Simple: this is a CvE game. I'm not paying to have unwanted interactions with customers. I'm paying to interact with NPCs and Staff.
    Ah, so all the other players are just there so you can interact with NPCs and Staff in parallel and the goal is to make sure you that don't get into each other's way? It's a weird way to see the game and I think you are just using the statement from policy that "Gemstone is primarily a CvE game" to deflect away from the fact that problem you actually have is you simply don't like it and just want to get rid of the things you don't like.