Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Your not being honest, it's as simple as closing your containers. Noobies have always been told to do so, I think the Raging Thrak even talks about it.
    Back then people would stalk you while you hunt and steal from you while you hunted and got their kicks letting you know they were there doing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    people that pickpocket = bullies
    This from the guy that neg reps people that undercut his self defined silver prices.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

3. Default

This from the guy that neg reps people that undercut his self defined silver prices.

sure lets bring up stuff from years ago. Why don't you talk about me falling asleep at ebon gate in 2017 too while you are at it lol YAWN!! Also when did you become such a jerk? we used to get along from what i remember although, I am old so i maybe thinking about someone else?
    Last edited by beldannon5; 07-01-2022 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    I may not have experience stealing from other people. But over the years I've known many low level characters that were pick pocketed by level 100+ characters that they couldn't do anything about. You can try to dismiss this type of behavior, but it happens in GS. I've provided trap components to help and tried to give advice on the matter. But in most cases the people that tormented them continue because they know they can get away with it on an easy mark. If the low level character tries to stand up for themselves they stand no chance. Does this sound amusing and fun for someone that stands no chance?

I myself was pick pocketed leveling up quite a bit back then. I was given cursed gems to help defend against it. But outside of that there wasn't much I could do about it other then ignore it. Takes a lot of skill to just thieve from lowbies...
    I've never worked with or dealt with a single pickpocket that does this, personally. I can say at least from my experience, stealing from low level characters is a complete waste of time which is immediately obvious because they have nothing but crap to steal.

And again, you say back then. So you are trying to "fix" something that you had almost no issues except for how many years ago? Back when there actually were low level people...lol

I'd like to hear some positive stories about your role playing experiences stealing from people. How about you share some with us? I bet the person you stole from most of the time had a positive experience.
    You're welcome to hit me up on Discord if you want to hear stories. Almost all of my RPAs have involved pickpocketing as part of the RP.

people that pickpocket = bullies (in my opinion and that's all it is) Most of them probably suck in real life so have to pick pocket from lesser folks in a text based game to make them feel better about themselves. (not all of them but there are some for sure) We all play the game for a reason i suppose.
    Man, poor Oliver Twist is such a big bully isn't he?

Your not being honest, it's as simple as closing your containers. Noobies have always been told to do so, I think the Raging Thrak even talks about it.
    He literally does. The whole being bullied and griefed because of pickpocketing is a myth. You literally just have to close your bags to end it entirely, and you learn that your first day playing the game.

Back then people would stalk you while you hunt and steal from you while you hunted and got their kicks letting you know they were there doing it.
    Sounds like a really fun RP opportunity to me. You probably wasted the opportunity by pointlessly getting all upset about it instead of realizing this is just a game. What, did they steal 2 kill's worth of loot? That really set you back a lot didn't it?

Blog Entries

And now it's 3 thefts a day. Now the "bullies" have turned to stalking you and doxing people, and yet, those same people are playing to this day.

Come on man, the vast majority of the community is capped. The 2000 pound gorilla in the room is not pick pocketing.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 07-01-2022 at 01:20 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    You probably wasted the opportunity by pointlessly getting all upset about it instead of realizing this is just a game.
    I'll just let you reflect on that one for a little bit.

Blog Entries

sure lets bring up stuff from years ago. Why don't you talk about me falling asleep at ebon gate in 2017 too while you are at it lol YAWN!! Also when did you become such a dbag? we used to get along from what i remember although, I am old so i maybe thinking about someone else?
    Bro, you're the one calling people bullies.

I'm just being honest, being honest does not = being a dbag.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I'll just let you reflect on that one for a little bit.
    Lol, getting stolen from is not comparable to having a character you've spent over two decades on being massively impacted by a change. That's like when Renaden tried to compare loss of items from theft, to loss of items that you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Lol, getting stolen from is not comparable to having a character you've spent over two decades on being massively impacted by a change. That's like when Renaden tried to compare loss of items from theft, to loss of items that you drop.
    so, 719 nerfs, 519 nerfs, everything going to smrv2 arent comparable either I suppose? All of ELR, all of the lore changes over every profession pretty much empaths got their world changed with the scar healing thing and reinvented themselves also.. LMA becoming a thing the list is probably endless of things I don't even recall..

out of all of those changes/ most of them being good for rogues.. I just find it a weird hill to die on or be depressed over.
    Last edited by Realk; 07-01-2022 at 01:35 AM. Reason: i dont know my spell numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    so, 719 nerfs, 917 nerfs, everything going to smrv2 arent comparable either I suppose?
    If that somehow was a large part of your character's roleplay, I could see being very upset over it. Especially if you had statistical proof that any of them have any issues.

If pickpocketing was actually being abused and people were being griefed at a high rate by it, I would be much more willing to accept the other side of the argument, as they would have a reasonable problem that needs to be corrected.

I think a more apt comparison, is if you nerfed those spells again, and then again, and then one more time, and then you tried to defend them not getting nerfed yet another time.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 07-01-2022 at 01:31 AM.