Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    According to factual data this is simply not happening. This is fixing a made up issue.

Of course, I could dispute what you are trying to say as well, in the general sense. But I mostly already did in my earlier post (the long one.).

There are LITERALLY already IN CHARACTER methods to stop theft dead in its tracks, and more. Nothing more is needed, as the statistics quite obviously prove. The "fix" for this fake issue, is not to add some unexplainable OOC flag to the game. Closing bags and going to sancts WAS the flag they had implemented, that again, is an IN CHARACTER method and is able to be explained BY OUR CHARACTERS in a logical RP fashion. The people that implemented that system were wise and understood the need to have a logical and explainable system for our characters to be able to work with.

You absolutely do not need this flag system in any way whatsoever as you already were given all the tools you need and more to defend against it. And the statistics prove it. This is quite literally a non-issue.
    There's already an IC way of dealing with thieves that's just as effective as a NOSTEAL flag. The problem is most players are just too dumb and lazy to use it...

>DEPOSIT ALL

>CLOSE CONTAINER

Needles are good to have too.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-29-2022 at 12:49 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    There's already an IC way of dealing with thieves that's just as effective as a NOSTEAL flag. The problem is most players are just too dumb and lazy to use it...

>DEPOSIT ALL

>CLOSE CONTAINER

Needles are good to have too.
    Speaking of dumb, I just got a negative rep from Nidal/Audioserf saying "hope you quit!" It's no surprise I blocked him on Discord.

Honestly, I'd wager money it wouldn't have a very noticeable impact. Most people still won't steal from players even if they have the skill, as that potentially makes their character a villain.

Perhaps it would result in a handful of new pickpockets, as it will maybe enliven some to dust off their rogues. But I just can't see it being any sort of a problem, as it will probably be too small a number, if any. And there is essentially solid proof in this regard, as with the introduction of Mug, there hasn't been an increase in player thefts, even though there has been a significant increase in rogues trained in pickpocketing already.

The opposite argument could also be made, that people will pickpocket less because they have more options for its use.
    Any system that can be abused by players for the sake of annoying other players has consistently (in GS history) been abused for that purpose. They had to implement WARN INTERACT simply because people were abusive to other people. Disarm from the warrior's guild was abused regularly by players before hardcore rules were put in place and threats of bans pushed by GMs and now you can get your item back. Thump was abused until they had to turn it off for most use cases. Ultimately, anything that was "within the game rules" has been abused by players to the point where it has gotten a nerf. I'm sure people have reported Candor also, despite him basically just trying to RP a thief there are players that take exception to that behavior.

PP avoided the majority of scrutiny because, until recently, it wasn't really worth training and TPs are the most valuable asset a player has. The propsal flips that to some degree, and makes it much more valuable (MUG already pushed it into a highly desirable state). Once it's a staple skill for every rogue it'll eventually create drama. GS loves drama...

If you wanted to argue that those should stop theft, that's fine. Several things like those already do stop theft.
    GM's aren't going to go back and add anti-theft properties to hundreds of old items that SHOULD realistically stop theft. A flag is a better solution.
    I got 99 problems, but a Nyx ain't one.

Blog Entries

The messaging will be different I believe. But yeah, as you are pointing out with this, it's literally a redundant system, and thus not needed.
    They've stated the messaging will be IC, likely the same as when you fail to find anything.

If it's a redundant system that changes nothing, why are you so opposed to it? You were claiming earlier it was going to kill off all immersion and you'd have to divorce your wife over it.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Any system that can be abused by players for the sake of annoying other players has consistently (in GS history) been abused for that purpose. They had to implement WARN INTERACT simply because people were abusive to other people. Disarm from the warrior's guild was abused regularly by players before hardcore rules were put in place and threats of bans pushed by GMs and now you can get your item back. Thump was abused until they had to turn it off for most use cases. Ultimately, anything that was "within the game rules" has been abused by players to the point where it has gotten a nerf. I'm sure people have reported Candor also, despite him basically just trying to RP a thief there are players that take exception to that behavior.

PP avoided the majority of scrutiny because, until recently, it wasn't really worth training and TPs are the most valuable asset a player has. The propsal flips that to some degree, and makes it much more valuable (MUG already pushed it into a highly desirable state). Once it's a staple skill for every rogue it'll eventually create drama. GS loves drama...
    Ok, first of all, pickpocketing can't be abused. It literally has a cooldown in place where you can't be continually stolen from, in the absolute WORST case scenario.

How can you be abused by pickpocketing when you literally just have to close your bags, among other countermeasures available to you? The statistics also quite literally prove that this is not happening. Please explain to me how players are being abused because of pickpocketing?

As to your second point, as you and I pointed out, Mug already increased the amount of players trained in pickpocketing - Yet there has been no increase in player pickpocketing. This is evidence that this point is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I made no such claim and I absolutely demand you edit it out of your post or I will cease to interact with you in this discussion.

I didn't realize there were so many Carebears left on the PC. Traditionally this has been the place where they get ruthlessly mocked.

Blog Entries

I made no such claim and I absolutely demand you edit it out of your post or I will cease to interact with you in this discussion.
    lolwut

Answer the question. The flag is either an immersion-killing Big Deal or a redundant pointless No Big Deal. It can't be both.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

lmao