Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Default Rogue service proposal

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CR5pHiH7cfbAlw

So they announced a proposal for the upcoming rogue changes and they look…interesting…

Instead of a typical service added to gear (which I agree those services are getting a bit bloated), rogues can instead train others in new skills. These new skills have charges similar to monk tattoos and other enhancive items and once the charges are drained to 0 the character can no longer access those trained skills until they have a rogue give them a refresher course which gives them 100 charges.

There’s like 5 different skills and they can all be trained.

The only thing I don’t like about these non-gear services is it seems like it’s too easy to reach max skill. Just look at monks, all you have to do is level to 100 and you can do T5 tattoos no problem, so it makes the service not as valuable. They should make it so monks can give two tattoos and have the difficulty scale from there so monks with a lot of experience and enhancives can command more silver for their service.

I’m sure the rogue service will be similar; it will be extremely easy to do the first few ranks of a skill so low level rogues can handle those services, and it will be easy to max out the required skill to max out all skills just by reaching cap so capped rogues can’t command much more silvers for their high level service.

Also I feel like training 5 skills (which to my knowledge each skill has their own set of charges) might be complicating things a bit much.

A couple months ago I thought an interesting service for rogues would be a luck stat with a cap of 100, and point gives a .01% chance (so 1% chance at 100) to reroll any D100 roll in the game and the better of the two rolls would be used. And make it so it gets more and more difficult the closer you get to 100 so it would require a very skilled rogue to get you from 90 to 100.

A nifty service that every character can use and it’s a nice and simple service. But GMs rudely never ask for my input on these sorts of things.

Oh and also for my fans/haters on Discord: this rogue proposal was designed to attack Dreavenings!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-27-2022 at 04:32 PM.

2. Default

Linky link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...H7cfbAlw/edit#

Also, what I dislike about this proposal is SET NOSTEAL ON. That is just bush league.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post

Also, what I dislike about this proposal is SET NOSTEAL ON. That is just bush league.
    Pickpocketing buffs...

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I didn't even notice that part.

Characters may opt-out of theft from other characters with the SET NOSTEAL ON flag. Messaging and general mechanics are left in place to encourage roleplay, but no items or silver will be stolen if the flag is enabled.
    lol

Just remove stealing from other players, this is such a joke.

Is anyone really going to roleplay this anymore?

"Oh hey, I totally noticed you tried to steal from me, but thanks to the OOC flag I have set you did not steal from me, now I must kill you!"
    "No, please don't kill me for not stealing anything from you because of the OOC flag you have set!

Silver stolen from creatures can be traded per normal and does apply to your monthly loot cap.
    Items stolen are character bound, may not be sold to the pawnshop, and do not count against your monthly loot total.
    I like the idea of stealing from NPCs, but this is so dumb. I understand they don't want people to just be stealing from NPCs all day and going past their monthly loot cap, but surely there was a better solution than this.

Also what's the point of pointing out that stolen items don't count against your monthly loot total when the items are character bound and can't even be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I didn't even notice that part.

lol

Just remove stealing from other players, this is such a joke.

Is anyone really going to roleplay this anymore?

"Oh hey, I totally noticed you tried to steal from me, but thanks to the OOC flag I have set you did not steal from me, now I must kill you!"
    "No, please don't kill me for not stealing anything from you because of the OOC flag you have set!
    Well, according to people on Discord the flag system should have absolutely no impact on theif RP.

Essentially this will be a death knell to CvC pickpocketing.

Some people will rejoice. I personally would quit the game if this goes through, if not for my in game relationships.

I'm pretty depressed over it through, as this is a large part of my character's identity, that is being taken away so that people don't lose their pothinir grass once a year.

Apparently I'm still supposed to be able to RP as a thief and steal for nothing just for giggles. I can still RP it right? Wrong! I actually can't...I can only RP getting CAUGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, according to people on Discord the flag system should have absolutely no impact on theif RP.
    act steals from you.

Mark giggles at you!

That will be about the extent of the RP from player pickpocketing now. Might as well do away with the steal verb on players and just tell them to use ACT.

Blog Entries

Man pickpocketing has always been a janky awkward system. At least with the flag you'll only be interacting with guaranteed enjoyers of all this supposed deep and compelling pickpocket RP. The PvE aspect sounds interesting, but I thought we used to be able to steal from shopkeepers.

The rest of the stuff will probably be good for bounty work. Poisoncrafting might be cool.

Overall a win.
    Last edited by Taernath; 06-27-2022 at 10:50 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Wholeheartedly agree. NOSTEAL flag is a terrible idea and I say this as a warrior that probably gets stolen from a fair amount. Heck I even sent Candor a 1m silver tip because I appreciate his schtick.

One of the things that makes GS great is the fact that it's kind of a sandbox and a real living world. Nanny stuff like this is contrary to the game's essence.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

The reality is it's not really hurting anyone, and a very vocal group on Discord act like they speak for the majority in that this is a good thing for the game.

I really hope the GMs in charge don't let them ruin our game to fix a made up problem.