Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    PVE has always been their focus. I can point back decades where they have said they always balance skills and spells around use on NPCs.

PVP/CVC DOES of course exist, but it has always been a secondary, or even tertiary, concern.
    That's all game mechanics and game balance concerns.

The game is ACTUALLY mostly about CvC at its very core, as it is a ROLEPLAYING game. More than anything, this game is about player interactions. Having a fun single player PvE experience is only a part of the game.

I don't know why the GMs are even arguing anything. Most games I've played, they just say "This is what it is" and go on about their day.

Probably because they lack professionalism... Because they aren't real employees.
    That's what I was wondering in the Discord the other day. The GMs have pretty much said this is happening no matter what, so why even have the discussion open? They are just giving people false hope that they might change their mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    You don't have to enable the flag if you want to have this sort of CvC engagement...
    I'm not enabling or disabling shit for GS. The game is a dumpster fire filled with emo batshit crazies.

Their time would be better spent getting rid of the crazy fucks that have chased off countless customers, of course, that would mean dumping some of their unstable GM's that help the crazy fuckers chase off their customer base.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    FLAG MONSTERSCANONLYINJURMENOTKILLME
    GemStone IV has been designed to promote competition as player vs. creature, or player vs. puzzle, and not generally player vs. player.

See: https://gswiki.play.net/Policy

5. Default

GemStone IV has been designed to promote competition as player vs. creature, or player vs. puzzle, and not generally player vs. player.

See: https://gswiki.play.net/Policy
    It was a joke. Please lighten up.

I've listened to everything that's been said by the opponents of the flag. I just don't find the argument compelling. Also, tell me how to avoid being robbed when dead please.
    So you're just trolling. You don't care what they think and only want them to do what you want. Get the fuck out.

Oh noes....! You died. You can easily circumvent being stolen from by using the OOC utilities that the GMs have provided.

Depart > Depart confirm > Use salve to by pass death sting.....(or find the town priest wandering around and pay them silvers to remove the death sting)

But I guess you won't want to do that because it's not an IC thing to do, you'd rather have an OOC flag to protect your precious little herbs/coins/gems. Just get the fuck out of here. All your "what if" scenarios can be overcome to prevent you from being stolen from, be it an in character thing or out of character thing.

I don't know why the GMs are even arguing anything. Most games I've played, they just say "This is what it is" and go on about their day.

Probably because they lack professionalism... Because they aren't real employees.
    This is correct. And half of them are mentally ill.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-14-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I'd rather have an OOC flag to protect your precious little herbs/coins/gems. Just get the fuck out of here. All your "what if" scenarios can be overcome to prevent you from being stolen from, be it an in character thing or out of character thing.
    I just want to have a good time with friends, man. I don't want to be bothered by assholes. I can squelch dumbass speech and actions; I can't squelch dumbass pickpockets taking my items, regardless of what others value them at.
    Last edited by HebrewToYou; 07-14-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

I just want to have a good time with friends, man. I don't want to be bothered by assholes. I can squelch dumbass speech and actions; I can't squelch dumbass pickpockets taking my items, regardless of what others value them at.
    I mean you could close your containers, that effectively is your squelch and pickpocketing is not unique to just characters (bandits, gremlocks).

I just want my poisons though...I need those bad boys to roll out so I can poison my things
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I mean you could close your containers, that effectively is your squelch and pickpocketing is not unique to just characters (bandits, gremlocks).
    Doesn't stop silver theft; doesn't help when you're dead. I get that this good enough for some folks, but I'm aligned with staff's decision to just flag it all up. Your mileage may vary!