Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 616

Thread: Rogue service proposal

  1. #221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I did say that I have been greatly saddened and depressed by it, and only said those things to try to make it clear that I am a real person and not just some jerk who is out to cause grief for people, and that this change is having a heavy impact on me and my character.
    We've all been nerfed at one point or another in the last 20 years. I don't agree with the flag, I don't like the flag but there Isn't a need really to get overly emotional about it. Evolve adapt beat it I'm not gonna search through your posts, but I do believe that you said that was one of the challenges that you do enjoy. At the end of the day it is a game and it's a character... that's it. When it's causing you stress or depression put it on hold and watch tv for a week or something while you devise a work around for it.

  2. #222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I actually did make this point once I Discord, but it was lost in all the other toxic sludge. The reality is they don't really give enough crap about it to devote that kind of dev time. Only HoA gets to have them waste their time on unimportant or non-existent issues, apparently.



    I personally did not intend to imply that this change could get me to want to quit. I did say that I have been greatly saddened and depressed by it, and only said those things to try to make it clear that I am a real person and not just some jerk who is out to cause grief for people, and that this change is having a heavy impact on me and my character. Conversely, most of the people arguing against me, actually don't really have much at stake here, and are certainly not going to see any real emotional impact by having things continue to work as they do now. I guess it was foolish of me to think that people have any empathy here, though.

    Instead I'm dealing with people that will literally demonize me for the very fact that I pickpocket in game. People that could very well be friends with me if they actually got to know me. People that could actually have fun roleplaying with me if they actually had a chance to do so. People that have probably been helped by me, in fact.

    People will be happy to ruin entire characters over the loss of some crystal amulets once every 5 years.

    Pick pocketing is a useless skill (until mug was introduced) and the reason the flag is being introduced is because they are expanding upon it and more people will dedicate their training to picking it up due to all the new additional benefits. GMs don't want to waste time playing babysitter over conflicts started over this. Ultimately it will save them time in the long run since no one knows how to play nice in the game.

    As for the flag, you benefit more from this flag then you want to believe or care to listen about. You claim your character wants to RP and doesn't want to grief. Well now you get to steal from people that opt into the whole system and you are more than likely going to have a more meaningful encounter out of the whole situation. Rather than someone just blasting you or accusing you sending you right to jail. I'm not sure how many times this has been said on discord but you constantly dismiss people when they bring it up and just keep playing the same broken record.

    Ultimately, I will probably leave this flag off on my main. But I certain don't want to deal with this shit on my alts so I'll be putting it on for them.

    Also no one wants to see you quit over this. I'm just saying I feel like you are dismissing/overlooking that this could be a good change for you and give you more meaningful encounters going forward when the other party agrees to it.

  3. #223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Pick pocketing is a useless skill...
    To be honest, you practically lost me at this. I can honestly say it's my favorite skill in the entire game, as it brings something to the game that I don't believe any other game has. Someone could tell me to find another game (Like Renaden did), yet I literally couldn't even if I tried.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Pick pocketing is a useless skill (until mug was introduced) and the reason the flag is being introduced is because they are expanding upon it and more people will dedicate their training to picking it up due to all the new additional benefits. GMs don't want to waste time playing babysitter over conflicts started over this. Ultimately it will save them time in the long run since no one knows how to play nice in the game.
    As was already touched on in this thread, the introduction of Mug essentially proves that more people training in pickpocketing will not result in more CvC picpicketing. It would have already happened with the upsurge of people that trained it for Mug. Most players don't want to play as villains, so they will not do it.

    I think it also should be pointed out that the GMs are definitely not having to deal with babysitting player conflicts because of pickpocketing. You have zero proof with which you can make this claim, yet I have proof that it's not really true, because the statistics Naijin shared showed few thefts are actually taking place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    As for the flag, you benefit more from this flag then you want to believe or care to listen about. You claim your character wants to RP and doesn't want to grief. Well now you get to steal from people that opt into the whole system and you are more than likely going to have a more meaningful encounter out of the whole situation. Rather than someone just blasting you or accusing you sending you right to jail. I'm not sure how many times this has been said on discord but you constantly dismiss people when they bring it up and just keep playing the same broken record.
    How very pretentious of you. You do not have experience trying to be a thief, and yet you come here and try to tell me what's what, as if you somehow have a greater understanding of all this than I do. It's almost as great as when someone tries to tell me that I should be more like "So and So" was, the supposed greatest thief of all time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Ultimately, I will probably leave this flag off on my main. But I certain don't want to deal with this shit on my alts so I'll be putting it on for them.
    I'm sure you'd do the same with Neovik if he wasn't 2x PP and 3 Perception thus not even needing a flag. Please Neovik, tell me the last time you or one of your alts have been negatively impacted by an interaction with a thief. I for one can count on 0 fingers in my entire 26 years of playing this game, including all of my alts. Conversely, I have certainly delt with griefing and harassment a fair share, ALL of which did not involve me being pickpocketed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    I'm just saying I feel like you are dismissing/overlooking that this could be a good change for you and give you more meaningful encounters going forward when the other party agrees to it.
    You are welcome to read all of my posts (or re-read them) that have already gone to great lengths to explain my reason for disagreeing with this. Because, I actually am NOT a broken record.

  4. #224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    We've all been nerfed at one point or another in the last 20 years. I don't agree with the flag, I don't like the flag but there Isn't a need really to get overly emotional about it. Evolve adapt beat it I'm not gonna search through your posts, but I do believe that you said that was one of the challenges that you do enjoy. At the end of the day it is a game and it's a character... that's it. When it's causing you stress or depression put it on hold and watch tv for a week or something while you devise a work around for it.
    It's just one more kick while we're already down, out of many other kicks, to the few people still trying to hang on and RP as villains.

    The main reason why so few people steal anymore, is because such a large portion of the population has capped, and many more than in the past resort to attacking, bullying, and literally griefing you as a thief. It's because it's such a headache and nightmare that very few are still willing to cope with it. All this talk about being griefed by pickpockets is mostly from 10, 15, 20+ years ago, and doesn't really happen anymore. In fact, quite the reverse tends to happen, and a thief can get bullied out of town from stealing 25 silvers from someone. All these remarks people keep making about thieving having no consequences makes me laugh, as that couldn't be further from the truth.

    As I said in one of my first posts, I very much intend to power on and overcome. But it's been one kick after another after another lately. A large reason I am upset is because it's already a massive challenge for me to get thieves together to RP with me, and this is just going to make it even harder. Navigating being a villain in this game is basically self flagellation at this point. Chances are I will mostly have to go it alone for a lot of stuff I had planned, which is unfortunate.

    And of course I can't help but worry what HoA will campaign to take away next, once they get away with this travesty.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,774
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Pick pocketing is a useless skill (until mug was introduced) and the reason the flag is being introduced is because they are expanding upon it and more people will dedicate their training to picking it up due to all the new additional benefits.
    This explains everything.

    "I want the benefits of the new system, I just don't want the character reputation that comes along with it."

    So fucking care bear.

    They should just let the "rogues", that don't actually want to be rogues, convert to warriors or rangers.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 07-01-2022 at 12:26 AM.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  6. Default

    The one positive thing that came out of this is that I identified some awful people to block. Nidal telling you to quit repeatedly just shows what a truly horrible human he is. If he's part of HoA, I think I've lost any respect I had for any of them. I would never be part of a group that allows that kind of toxic, terrible behavior from members, and can't say I think too highly of anyone who puts up with that.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,774
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrNBlu View Post
    Nidal telling you to quit repeatedly just shows what a truly horrible human he is.
    This is nothing. Some of these people will try to wreck you if you cross them, they will literally take into your real life.

    GS is not a good community. I would never introduce anyone to the game.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 07-01-2022 at 12:42 AM.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  8. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    It's just one more kick while we're already down, out of many other kicks, to the few people still trying to hang on and RP as villains.

    The main reason why so few people steal anymore, is because such a large portion of the population has capped, and many more than in the past resort to attacking, bullying, and literally griefing you as a thief. It's because it's such a headache and nightmare that very few are still willing to cope with it. All this talk about being griefed by pickpockets is mostly from 10, 15, 20+ years ago, and doesn't really happen anymore. In fact, quite the reverse tends to happen, and a thief can get bullied out of town from stealing 25 silvers from someone. All these remarks people keep making about thieving having no consequences makes me laugh, as that couldn't be further from the truth.

    As I said in one of my first posts, I very much intend to power on and overcome. But it's been one kick after another after another lately. A large reason I am upset is because it's already a massive challenge for me to get thieves together to RP with me, and this is just going to make it even harder. Navigating being a villain in this game is basically self flagellation at this point. Chances are I will mostly have to go it alone for a lot of stuff I had planned, which is unfortunate.

    And of course I can't help but worry what HoA will campaign to take away next, once they get away with this travesty.
    I may not have experience stealing from other people. But over the years I've known many low level characters that were pick pocketed by level 100+ characters that they couldn't do anything about. You can try to dismiss this type of behavior, but it happens in GS. I've provided trap components to help and tried to give advice on the matter. But in most cases the people that tormented them continue because they know they can get away with it on an easy mark. If the low level character tries to stand up for themselves they stand no chance. Does this sound amusing and fun for someone that stands no chance?

    I myself was pick pocketed leveling up quite a bit back then. I was given cursed gems to help defend against it. But outside of that there wasn't much I could do about it other then ignore it. Takes a lot of skill to just thieve from lowbies...

    I'd like to hear some positive stories about your role playing experiences stealing from people. How about you share some with us? I bet the person you stole from most of the time had a positive experience.

  9. Default

    people that pickpocket = bullies (in my opinion and that's all it is) Most of them probably suck in real life so have to pick pocket from lesser folks in a text based game to make them feel better about themselves. (not all of them but there are some for sure) We all play the game for a reason i suppose.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,774
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    But outside of that there wasn't much I could do about it other then ignore it.
    Your not being honest, it's as simple as closing your containers. Noobies have always been told to do so, I think the Raging Thrak even talks about it.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •