Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    That's the long and short of it. PP is such a minor nuisance it's not even worth mentioning, and there are already a mountain of IC ways to opt out. If these people are so concerned about letting people opt out of RP they don't like, they should be implementing FLAG NOINVASION so I can ignore invasions monsters when I don't want to participate. During one of the more recent events, a GM piloted a literal mecha over Teras Isle and nuked the population centers unprovoked. That alone was more disrupted than every experience I've had with pickpockets since GSIII combined.
    I made this exact point on Discord a couple times, actually. It was hilarious, because many of the responses were "You can just go to a different area." "You can use the chronomages." Etc.. Ohhhhh, so you mean I can use the in game systems ALREADY in place to avoid it, instead of asking for a flag? Are you not seeing the irony in this?! Chronomages even means monetary loss for my character. But I've also experienced more loss from unintentionally traveling through an invasion and dying, than I have ever lost from theft. Hell, I remember the rolton cannon during the Breg invasion randomly killing people no matter where they were in town! (Which was freaking AWESOME! Please bring back the rolton cannon!!)

I can literally avoid theft more easily than invasions, since I simply can't control when a GM decides to spawn things where I am or along the path of where I am traveling.

Can I also have a flag for privacy? People being able to invis or hide on others and spying on them as well as infringing on their privacy, has also resulted in far worse damage to many emotionally than pickpocketing ever has. And I know of HoA members that have been guilty of this very thing, going as far as to cause REAL grief to others. And it is not against policy to do this. And unlike pickpocketing, many classes have no way to detect an invisible player.

Of course, I don't actually want flags for either of these things. There are means to deal with these situations, and in those instances you simply can't, it's part of the realness, genuineness, atmosphere, and immersion of the game. I don't want a 100% sunshine and rainbows experience, as that gets bland and boring.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 07:24 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    I like a lot of the HoA members....but as a brigading blob on Discord that organization is toxic as hell. They probably account for 90% of the spam going on there at this point.

Someone flags something on their private discord
    A large number of them jump in.
    One member comes in to explain how both sides are valid but really only the HoA side is good because x y z.
    A crap ton of emojis and spam follow.

I really love it when they come in and try and do a conversation like the hadn't just yammered on about it in other forms of communication.
    Didn't you know? If you emoji a comment it becomes more valid, especially if your cronies appear to angrily shout down anyone who dares disagree with you. HoA have the absolute most fitting acronym possible.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Osdreth View Post
    Didn't you know? If you emoji a comment it becomes more valid, especially if your cronies appear to angrily shout down anyone who dares disagree with you. HoA have the absolute most fitting acronym possible.
    Congratulations you have attracted the attention of the HoA
    (Hand of Arkati https://gswiki.play.net/Hand_of_the_Arkati)
    Be prepared for the following to take place as the Brigade moves in:

-Members discussing things as if they didn’t just talk about it on a private discord

-One member coming in and saying both sides have valid points but ultimately explaining why the HoA’s side is the only valid point

-At some point in the conversation someone will tell you that your desired point of view would be best served in Shattered or Platinum…..Prime is obviously just made for HOA points of view.

-Extreme Spam and Emojis to amplify their point of view.

Again, congratulations and please enjoy the ride.

4. Default

-Members discussing things as if they didn’t just talk about it on a private discord

-One member coming in and saying both sides have valid points but ultimately explaining why the HoA’s side is the only valid point

-At some point in the conversation someone will tell you that your desired point of view would be best served in Shattered or Platinum…..Prime is obviously just made for HOA points of view.

You forgot the most important one. Eventually you'll get their designated hitter coming in to screech that everything is a bad take and throwing insults while his bestest friends assure everyone he's a swell guy, the toxic behavior is just his way of saying hello.

Blog Entries

That vote weighting tier shit is a giant red flag.

Last edited by Neveragain; 06-30-2022 at 08:30 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I don't know who all is HoA members these days. Who of the people in the Pickpocketing Changes Discord that are voicing a pro-flag view are NOT HoA members? (Obviously it's not only HoA members in favor of it, but I'm curious what the actual ratio is. I do know that this whole idea of a flag originated from HoA and has been their agenda for the last 3-4 years.).
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Honestly, I think what disgusts me the most about the people on their side, is how many have told me I should quit the game. I honestly would NEVER feel that way about any of them, even Nidal. These people are so self centered and entitled, and act like thieves are somehow the bad guys. I think telling someone to quit makes you a lot worse than any pickpocket in game, personally.

I have devoted at least a million times as much time helping people in this game, than I have spent stealing from people. I am genuinely interested in helping people, and am not just some griefing troll. Have some people in the past been griefed by thieves? Definitely. But those types of people are just going to find another means to grief, since pickpocketing isn't a requirement for them to do so. Personally, the biggest griefers I've ever seen in this game were not pickpockets.

8. Default

I don't have a opinion really on the flag. However I do not like pickpocketing or being pickepocketed. I do think those people that pick pocket from me should get severe jock itch or severe athlete's feet, or explosive diarhhea in traffic, i don't wish permanmanent harm on them just some very uncomfortable moments lol
    Last edited by beldannon5; 06-30-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Blog Entries

I mean, since there IS a flag coming now, I don't think anywhere should be protected from pickpocketing. Sancts shouldn't stop it and such.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Honestly, I think what disgusts me the most about the people on their side, is how many have told me I should quit the game. I honestly would NEVER feel that way about any of them, even Nidal.
    Lol let’s not go that far. That individual has been nothing but insulting and unhelpful to the discussion. Then goes on to say that well two people leaving isn’t all that big a deal to revenue, as if anyone with an opposing view deserves to get dumped. Toxic.
    Discord: Jivan#1805