Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Did they make the sorcerer changes yet? Can I have armies of skeletons and shit yet?
    Just use the ACT verb, you don't need mechanics.

act summons an army of skeletons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Just use the ACT verb, you don't need mechanics.

act summons an army of skeletons.
    that sounds gayer than a dreavening session
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

IT WAS NAOS'S IDEA!!!!

(Methais roleplays.)
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2022 at 03:54 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Default

Pretty much agree with what Midgar has said entirely. I was the other person arguing that side in that shit show of a Discord thread. Naos weighing in and saying people arguing against the flag are trolls is just beyond inappropriate. Ask for feedback on a proposal, then pick a side and call the other side names... WTF.

Seems to me that there's a very vocal, but relatively small group of players that can't stand anything bad happening to their characters, and they are whining the game into further Disneyfication bit by bit. Many of the same people that were throwing a fit and even talking about legal action because of nerfs in divergence.

I mean, every restriction on character interaction just makes the game little less as a roleplaying game. But hey, if it's a thing I, in particular, don't use and don't like, let's get rid of it, and anybody who disagrees is a troll and a griefer, amirite?

I have literally been told by HoA members that I can't be a good person IRL if I steal from people in game. This is how extreme their opinion is on the matter (Funny enough, Crime was an HoA member at the time.). I've also been insulted and diminished by them, and others (Including Naos), because I have chosen to roleplay as a thief in this game that ACTUALLY steals from players. Yet, funny enough, when I started out in this game, I roleplayed as a total goody two shoes. It wasn't until after playing for a few years, I noticed the huge lack of people willing to try and play a villain, and as a good guy I yearned for more of them but simply almost never got the chance. So I flipped sides to become a villain, so as to bring that side of things to more people that yearn for it. I chose the thief and mobster persona, because it allows my character to be good natured when he chooses to be, without it leading to odd or unexplainable character conflicts (Of the internal nature.). I tried to do it without actually having any pickpocketing skill, and I got mocked, made fun of, and derided, not just in character, but in OOC chats to an even greater extent. It taught me a lot of hard lessons about the dynamics of how most people in this game react to things, even if subconsciously. I'd have made a lot of the very same arguments people are making on the other side as mine, those years back, in fact. But after experiencing the realities of things, I learned some very hard lessons.

What also grinds my gears about that Discord channel, is people kept trying to say over and over that clearly based on the number of people voicing their opinions, the side in favor of the flag is the vast majority. Yet actually, several people, maybe even an equal or greater amount, actually voiced they were against the flag. They also kept repeating over and over ad nauseum that "I still haven't heard one single reason being given as to why there should be no flag," even though many of us had given all manner of reasons. I actually respect their side of the argument to a certain extent. Unlike their claims, I actually AM a decent human being. But that doesn't mean that my arguments are wrong or invalid, whether they want to agree with them or not.

I don't agree there is justification for getting hung up over the occasional (potential) loss of a small, already quite limited, amount of silvers. I also diagree with the claim that it results in massive harm to their characters. We deal with all kinds of loss in this game, from GMs, Critters, and players alike. Many NPCs even steal from you. A GM can literally lightning bolt you, and somehow it's all fun and games. But it LITERALLY results in a loss for my character. I lose a deed, I might lose spells (which I could have even paid for, or used up an X a day for.), and worst of all I lose time, since I have to get my spirit back.

But I'm not going to ask the GMs to not do stuff like that. It makes the game more interesting, and a lot of people like that type of thing.

There's many many examples in the game, including things CHARACTERS do, that result in loss for my character, or cause emotional damage, that are completely legitimate. Where does the line get drawn? Is moving in this direction truly better for the game? Even if other games have moved in this direction, do we really want Gemstone to be like other games? I've been told several times that if I don't like the direction the game is going, I should play a different game. What game? I personally don't know of any games that have a player theft system like gemstone with roleplaying. But even if there were, I don't want to have to walk away from a character I have invested decades of effort in.

This flag is, to me, more of an overarching way for a specific group of players to impose their agenda and ideology on the game, even if it means creating a problem to be fixed. We've already established that it's a made up problem, because both the statistics prove it, but also there are already in character solutions in place that make this a redundant and unneeded system. So ultimately it's largely an ideological debate, not so much a fix to any real problem.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    What also grinds my gears about that Discord channel, is people kept trying to say over and over that clearly based on the number of people voicing their opinions, the side in favor of the flag is the vast majority.
    The Discord is filled with people who agree with GMs on 99% of shit, it's not a really good metric at all.

Discord is such a twatfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The Discord is filled with people who agree with GMs on 99% of shit, it's not a really good metric at all.
    Disrupting the Discord echo chamber upsets them greatly.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

If even on Discord, in a discussion where the GMs are literally openly taking a side (which sways the discussion VERY heavily in the other side's favor, and is why I left the channel.), you still don't have an even close to overwhelming majority in favor of it, then that is probably a good indicator of how many really are against this.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 04:56 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I have literally been told by HoA members that I can't be a good person IRL if I steal from people in game. This is how extreme their opinion is on the matter (Funny enough, Crime was an HoA member at the time.)
    Is that so? Also, Crime is still a member even though he doesn't pay.