Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I'd probably just walk off and leave my cat sitting there till i knew you werent tanked and looking for me, 117 and 215 come in bolting =)
    I'd just leave my familiar there and go hunting for an hour. Maybe cast some meteors on the way out if I have Rapid Fire up already.

>incant 525
    >incant 916
    >;go2 huntingarea

I haven't done pvp does stepping off the boulder and casting 909 still even work?
    That was 709, which is no longer Quake. No idea if Quake works the same way in its new spell slot or if it got changed.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'd just leave my familiar there and go hunting for an hour. Maybe cast some meteors on the way out if I have Rapid Fire up already.

>incant 525
    >incant 916
    >;go2 huntingarea
    That would just end up in you getting killed because you hunted. Either way, it's definitely not about who can hit F1 faster!

I especially love open conflicts because it adds the game of cat and mouse, and game knowledge comes into play more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    That would just end up in you getting killed because you hunted.
    That makes zero sense but ok.

Either way, it's definitely not about who can hit F1 faster!
    In a "structured" fight, it is more often than it isn't. The good news is since PvP in this game is a total joke, nobody actually gives a shit or takes any of it seriously.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Lol, I just realized that I think everyone making this argument here is a wizard. Man, people really need to learn how to fight wizards, it sounds like!

If I am fighting a wizard I actually prefer if they get the first move, so go ahead and hit your F1 first. Diving in without knowing their plan can lead to me using a less optimal action than if I counter what they do.

Lol, I just realized that I think everyone making this argument here is a wizard. Man, people really need to learn how to fight wizards, it sounds like!

If I am fighting a wizard I actually prefer if they get the first move, so go ahead and hit your F1 first. Diving in without knowing their plan can lead to me using a less optimal action than if I counter what they do.
    Everyone's referring to PvP in a general sense though, which is the entire point, even if some examples given are wizard specific...PvP in this game still boils down to whoever makes the first move is usually going to win. All the theorycrafting in the world isn't going to change that, because it's been statistically true for decades.

Everyone's referring to PvP in a general sense though, which is the entire point, even if some examples given are wizard specific...PvP in this game still boils down to whoever makes the first move is usually going to win. All the theorycrafting in the world isn't going to change that, because it's been statistically true for decades.
    I agree that if you don't put much effort into PvP and the strategy involved, it's mostly about first hit. And most people don't put the effort in, so statistically that's how it goes. But that changes if you actually put the effort and work into it. Clearly most don't care about it enough to put the effort in, but some do, and get quite a lot of enjoyment out of it, because it actually has way more depth to it than PvE by a landslide.

Hell, some of the most fulfilling moments for me playing this game, have been coming up with counters to things that at first seemed insurmountable.

I agree that if you don't put much effort into PvP and the strategy involved, it's mostly about first hit. And most people don't put the effort in, so statistically that's how it goes. But that changes if you actually put the effort and work into it. Clearly most don't care about it enough to put the effort in, but some do, and get quite a lot of enjoyment out of it, because it actually has way more depth to it than PvE by a landslide.

Hell, some of the most fulfilling moments for me playing this game, have been coming up with counters to things that at first seemed insurmountable.
    It's not a matter of effort. It's a matter of core game mechanics, whether it's at the Gladiator Games (which they need to reopen already) where it's safe to say most if not all people are putting forth "effort" and "strategy," (though Glad games are watered down with a lot of good abilities not being usable) people dueling, basically anything other than some completely unexpected attack.

The good news is that it's a non-issue since no one really gives a shit either way, because pretty much every other game on the planet that has PvP has better PvP. It can still be fun, but I don't recall ever walking away from a duel or other PvP encounter after a win and thinking "Man I'm sooooooo skilled at this!!!!"

Blog Entries

I could be completely wrong but don't wizards have a spell that can cast 5 spells back to back? even with KS set to absorb the first spell if that is how the wizard spell works wouldn't the next 4 be dangerous?

Also I think gear also plays a huge role so loaded up dudes and dudettes are going to flat out steam roll folks of like level or experience in most cases if those folks have sub par gear. My 49 monk with 4x gloves and boots is probably not coming out on top versus another lvl 49 with 7x-10x gear and fully unlocked this or that because they are loaded IG or OOG
    Last edited by Orthin; 06-30-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I could be completely wrong but don't wizards have a spell that can cast 5 spells back to back? even with KS set to absorb the first spell if that is how the wizard spell works wouldn't the next 4 be dangerous?

Also I think gear also plays a huge role so loaded up dudes and dudettes are going to flat out steam roll folks of like level or experience in most cases if those folks have sub par gear. My 49 monk with 4x gloves and boots is probably not coming out on top versus another lvl 49 with 7x-10x gear and fully unlocked this or that because they are loaded IG or OOG
    Pretty sure 950 only hits critters and there's no way to make it target players.

Would be hilarious in invasions otherwise though.

It's not a matter of effort. It's a matter of core game mechanics, whether it's at the Gladiator Games (which they need to reopen already) where it's safe to say most if not all people are putting forth "effort" and "strategy," (though Glad games are watered down with a lot of good abilities not being usable) people dueling, basically anything other than some completely unexpected attack.

The good news is that it's a non-issue since no one really gives a shit either way, because pretty much every other game on the planet that has PvP has better PvP. It can still be fun, but I don't recall ever walking away from a duel or other PvP encounter after a win and thinking "Man I'm sooooooo skilled at this!!!!"
    Tournaments are generally an awful display of PvP in this game, as they often go to great lengths to make it as little about PvP skill and preparation as possible, and more about gear, first attack, and class balance. Simply by having a no items rule, for example, cuts out a large number of classes' ability to counter other classes and/or strategies. As a simple and fairly insignificant example, say a ranger casts Call Swarm on me. If I am prepared I can use my Breeze scroll macro to immediately stop it. I paid the training points for AS, and had to get the scroll, yet I am restricted from doing this in most tournaments. Essentially it just leads to strategy being stifled, and those that are good at PvP being handicapped. IMO if you are good at PvP and well prepared, you DESERVE to have a better chance of winning. Having rules to prevent it just makes it a farse.

As for the rest, quite frankly Wizards do have the easiest foray into PvP, as they have the most difficult kit to counter for most people. Especially since Core Tap works on players now. The problem is, you don't actually have a lot of ways to kill someone. 519 gets thrown about a lot, but that's literally banking on one spell, that most wizards suck at casting (Unless your name is Ycelacie.). And hell, you could fight the worst rogue or monk ever to attempt PvP in this game, and kill yourself from slippery mind bouncing it back on you.

Wizards are also a super tanky class, and can lean on the plethora of Major Elemental spells,like haste, stop time, etc., to counter all kinds of strategies. Me having first hit against a wizard guarantees me just about jack diddly squat. You can literally create a macro where you stop time automatically and then invis, or whatever else you want.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 12:40 PM.