Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Hell, just someone with fire resist and KS would neuter 519.

But in my case you simply would have 0% chance to ward me, among other 2nd and 3rd and 4th layer defenses beyond that.

The only truly bunk ability still around is 720, which is slated to eventually be fixed. That you can at best have 3 layers of defense against, 2 of which most players can't achieve.
    hide and 916 until someone gets bored and ewaves or something. I do like the wizards shot more than a rogue, but it really doesn't matter the strategy, most of the time it is who presses f1 faster. That was the point
    Last edited by Realk; 06-29-2022 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    hide and 916 until someone gets bored and ewaves or something. I do like the wizards shot more than a rogue, but it really doesn't matter the strategy, most of the time it is who presses f1 faster. That was the point
    Again, except it's not. For the reasons I listed earlier. Literally all a rogue has to do is shield mind and you can't ward them. Ewave is also easy to avoid.

I could go on and on. The point is there is a crap ton of strategy to it, invis as you pointed out being a strategy in itself.

3. Default

Here you don't have GMs and the HoA mob to hide behind. It's easier to respond and articulate thoughts and ideas in this format without constantly getting derailed mid thought by stupidity. Talking about this so called divorce nonsense is a good example of said stupidity, as it stems from a lack of ability to properly read and understand English.
    I do sometimes prefer forum communication as it is a bit less...who can snipe who and more well thought out posts...well sometimes anyway.

Blog Entries

Hell, just someone with fire resist and KS would neuter 519.

But in my case you simply would have 0% chance to ward me, among other 2nd and 3rd and 4th layer defenses beyond that.

The only truly bunk ability still around is 720, which is slated to eventually be fixed. That you can at best have 3 layers of defense against, 2 of which most players can't achieve.
    I’ve dealt with someone using high fire resist before. I just sit in 916 until I need to. Wizards have a lot of tricks.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-29-2022 at 10:22 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I’ve dealt with someone using high fire resist before. I just sit in 916 until I need to. Wizards have a lot of tricks.
    Personally I'd probably just 435 you then (since haste makes 410 not so good.). Again, strategy
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-29-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Personally I'd probably just 435 you then (since haste makes 410 not so good.). Again, strategy
    I'd probably just walk off and leave my cat sitting there till i knew you werent tanked and looking for me, 117 and 215 come in bolting =)

I haven't done pvp does stepping off the boulder and casting 909 still even work?
    Last edited by Realk; 06-29-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I'd probably just walk off and leave my cat sitting there till i knew you werent tanked and looking for me, 117 and 215 come in bolting =)

I haven't done pvp does stepping off the boulder and casting 909 still even work?
    If we're talking open conflict, and I knew you were after me, you'd have absolutely no chance whatsoever to kill me even once. Now if I didn't know you were coming after me? You'd have a chance, but not a very good one. I mean no matter how many layers of defense someone has, there's always open rolls.

909 is SMR2, so your chances of hitting a player are pretty slim, especially a square or semi.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-29-2022 at 11:17 PM.

right, not getting into the pissing contest about that... However I was speaking of a situation in an agreed dual at the boulder. Just saying if it came down to it i'd step off after i 916'd... and in that situation you'd absolutely know you entered a fight.. moving one room to provide a bit of trickery to the situation doesn't mean you don't know it's happening.

Yep, like I said, there's tons of strategy.

Blog Entries

Yep, like I said, there's tons of strategy.
    Ignoring GS PvP. The best strategy is to play a Nelf or a Belf and dance naked on the WSG tree stump.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984