Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    I am not the only one who has noticed the HoA's Brigade like behavior on Discord.

I don't know if this behavior was planned or just an odd side effect of your private discord but it is spammy and annoying...and pretends to represent a majority opinion when it really is the same people coming in and doing the same behavior every time. I do not have a problem with any of the individual members, heck I even like H2U's stupid ass shenanigans, but as a collective brigade on discord...you are annoying.
    I don't get it. Isn't HoA active on the official Discord anyway? How do they brigade something they already take part in?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don't get it. Isn't HoA active on the official Discord anyway? How do they brigade something they already take part in?
    They activate the bat signal on their own Discord server and deploy the brigade to take active participation in dramafests like PP.

3. Default

Neovik may be right and it may just be organic dog piling.
    I would say Brigading Behavior normally begets opposing brigades and then you just end up with spam fests, which is the reason most subreddits will not allow direct links to other subreddits even if they are benign...experience shows the outcome is just a pile of crap.
    Last edited by Dendum; 07-02-2022 at 12:08 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HebrewToYou View Post
    Am I forcing interactions in-game on anyone, friend? Seriously asking.
    Are you actually trying to pretend you don't have a toxic personality? Seriously asking.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Osdreth View Post
    Are you actually trying to pretend you don't have a toxic personality? Seriously asking.
    I don't think I did try to pretend that? Also, I'd say my personality is more fungal than toxic.

Blog Entries

Just of curiosity, do you feel the same way about the "brigading" caused by discussions here or on Lnet?
    The difference between having a discussion here and lnet / Discord is, you don't have a power intoxicated mod to whisper so you can ban people for disagreeing.

This has already been proven when the GM's tried taking over moderation here. They tried along with their sycophants, failed, went on to try to start a "players corner v2.0" then ate their own in the process.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 07-02-2022 at 04:12 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

While I appreciate your pithy synopsis of my lengthy commentary, this is - in fact - not what my position is. I'm paying to play against NPCs, be they scripted foes or GM staff. And I'm paying to interact with other paying customers in a manner that I choose. I am not avoiding bad things happening to me; I'm avoid toxic personalities infringing on my good time. You certainly don't have to agree with me or even understand my reasoning, but please don't misrepresent my position. Thanks!
    That stolen herb could have been taken by a thief whose mother was broke and bleeding out, and even though you didn't realize it, thanks to you, she's alive today.

>roleplay nominate H2U
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    That stolen herb could have been taken by a thief whose mother was broke and bleeding out, and even though you didn't realize it, thanks to you, she's alive today.

>roleplay nominate H2U
    Yeah well, that thief’s mother’s son is a criminal that she raised. Fuck her.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I've been on vacation so I haven't been able to join in.

One thing I wanted to point out as someone else did: This is not a PvE game, it's a role-playing game. Navigating negative interactions is always going to be a part of the game. If you think pickpocketing flags will do a damn thing to reduce it one iota, you are deluding yourself.

I've also explained multiple times how this will impact RP. And yes, there very much is RP that happens when pickpokceting happens but the thief isn't caught. I've been accused of stealing many times when I wasn't caught. It's a whole aspect that will be lost.

And Neovik, you claim "It could open the way for them to do this and that" if they add a flag, but can you seriously make that kind of claim? You honestly think they would lift a finger to help CvC pockpocketing? You obviously don't give two shits about my RP or that of others that are trying to be pickpockets. Don't go trying to act like it will be all good things for us.

And yeah, I could pickpocket you easily, but I don't normally pickpocket friends. Clearly I was mistaken. You could care less about my character and my RP. You've never once been a part of it so how would you know?

Why are you advocating for something that doesn't affect you or anyone else at all? Why are you so adamant about introducing a system that will destroy characters' roleplay, when you will gain nothing from the change and will lose nothing by it remaining as is?

This is merely an idealogical position, and not a fix to a real problem. But there's one thing I assure you this will do absolutely nothing to fix. Grieving and choosing interactions. Because those issues and pockpocketing are completely separate.

Tough to call whether I find the PC Herp Derp arguments for Mah PVPS! , or the cynical weaponization of the language of consent trotted out on Discord to win arguments, more annoying.