Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue service proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I could be completely wrong but don't wizards have a spell that can cast 5 spells back to back? even with KS set to absorb the first spell if that is how the wizard spell works wouldn't the next 4 be dangerous?

Also I think gear also plays a huge role so loaded up dudes and dudettes are going to flat out steam roll folks of like level or experience in most cases if those folks have sub par gear. My 49 monk with 4x gloves and boots is probably not coming out on top versus another lvl 49 with 7x-10x gear and fully unlocked this or that because they are loaded IG or OOG
    Yeah, Core Tap is pretty powerful, no doubt. It was a little strange that they changed it to work on players.

But there's many ways to counter warding/fire spells, from shield mind to raw TD. In the case of KS, they could have their magic dux + fire resist, as well as their full plate and crit padding innately reducing the damage even more. Plus you have CC breaks, etc etc..

Gear for sure plays a role, but not as much as being prepared. For me, gear is usually not my first layer of defense. But I tend to like to have 6-10 layers of defense against any given attack, where possible. Implode is really the only exception, in which case I double down on my primary defense against it. If you don't have the gear, you just double down on your primary, secondary, etc., layers of defense, just the same. As for offense, I mean, it helps too but usually it's more about the skills/spells/attacks you use and not so much the gear. But obviously gear can be significant, even more so if you specifically get your gear with PvP in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Tournaments are generally an awful display of PvP in this game, as they often go to great lengths to make it as little about PvP skill and preparation as possible, and more about gear, first attack, and class balance. Simply by having a no items rule, for example, cuts out a large number of classes' ability to counter other classes and/or strategies. As a simple and fairly insignificant example, say a ranger casts Call Swarm on me. If I am prepared I can use my Breeze scroll macro to immediately stop it. I paid the training points for AS, and had to get the scroll, yet I am restricted from doing this in most tournaments. Essentially it just leads to strategy being stifled, and those that are good at PvP being handicapped. IMO if you are good at PvP and well prepared, you DESERVE to have a better chance of winning. Having rules to prevent it just makes it a farse.
    That's the same thing I said, just with a lot more words.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Anyways, to get this back on track, I did want to quote something Naos, the GM, said on Discord:

"Naos — 06/28/2022
    It isn't all that surprising. That part of the announcement was basically "and trolls can troll less now" and predictably all the trolls came out to complain."

Among other insults he dished out to those not in favor of this change. So apparently if you are in favor of this, you are a troll.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Anyways, to get this back on track, I did want to quote something Naos, the GM, said on Discord:

"Naos — 06/28/2022
    It isn't all that surprising. That part of the announcement was basically "and trolls can troll less now" and predictably all the trolls came out to complain."

Among other insults he dished out to those not in favor of this change. So apparently if you are in favor of this, you are a troll.
    Was he the GM who called all complainers racist that one time?

And people on Discord wonder why we call that place toxic.

A GM just flat out calling people MAKING USE OF A VALID IN GAME COMMAND "trolls" and the sycophants rush in to say "YAAAAS QUEEN!"
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-30-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Was he the GM who called all complainers racist that one time?

And people on Discord wonder why we call that place toxic.

A GM just flat out calling people MAKING USE OF A VALID IN GAME COMMAND "trolls" and the sycophants rush in to say "YAAAAS QUEEN!"

Yes, because almost everyone except the usual tards thought that SJW "crusader" name change and rewriting the game's lore also for SJW reasons was stupid as fuck, which means it must be due to racism and according to Naos, Simu doesn't want those people's money.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

The problem with this argument is that neither side is inherently wrong. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to be forced into a pickpocketing interaction, and I respect that people can legitimately have that viewpoint.

What it fundamentally comes down to, is what type of game we want to play? Someone can call me selfish and that I only care about my enjoyment at the expense of others, but I can quite literally say the exact same about them turning on a nosteal flag.

Ultimately, it comes down to what type of game this should be. Many would like it to move in a direction that results in less (or none) of these types of interactions. I mean, I could say "Why don't you just remove the CvC pickpocketing system entirely then?" And many or even most in favor of this change would simply respond, "That sounds fine by me!"

Conversely, someone can point out the group loot change to me, and I will simply respond the exact same way. "Yes, by all means remove that flag, as I'd prefer it gone." It's simply a matter of viewpoints.

I can say a couple things for certainty though. First of all, the pickpocketing system has been around since Gemstone has existed. For many of us, we chose to play this game with the expectation that these systems will be a part of the game, because it's literally what Gemstone is and always has been. Sure, just because something has been around for a long time doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be changed - But this is different than that, because it's more of a RP and way of life sort of thing for many people (Even those who do not pickpocket and simply enjoy the system.). And don't bother giving other examples of changes that have also had this effect, because I will simply tell you that it was also unfortunate.

In the case of pickpocketing, I feel that it should take an absolutely massive amount of reason and backing to change something that is this deeply rooted into the game. Much like how removing a law in the US takes a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate, and not just a majority. The gravity of this type of thing is larger than a handful of GMs with their personal opinions should be able to change on their mere whim.

Second of all, first and foremost Gemstone is a roleplaying game. It is not a PvE game; it is not a PvP game. If we are talking PURELY roleplaying in regards to this flag, the side against it being introduced has greater merit. There are already ample in character means in place to stop pickpocketing, and adding a OOC flag simply stands to make the roleplay less raw, less real, and less genuine. It's like having to OOC whisper something to someone to be able to RP with them in some way. Sure, sometimes that is necessary, but it will ALWAYS make the roleplay less real and less genuine. Obviously there are arguments on the other side, such as "The people that want that type of experience can still participate by not flagging." And quite frankly that is not wrong. But the problem comes down to the fact that CvC pickpocketing is already intensely strained. The flag will result in a lot of people who might have enjoyed an interaction that took place because of it, simply turning it off because they care more about the mechanical benefits. So this is a case where mechanics overshadows roleplay, which is why I think that those who have the opinion that there should be no flag, have the stronger position on this argument.

Again, I honestly feel the other side has absolutely valid and reasonable positions on this, and it's ultimately up to Simu and what type of game they want to have. Don't bother with the "It's on the proposal which means the GMs are behind it" argument, either. Dev GMs aren't in charge of the overall direction the game is supposed to take, they just implement things.

I can only hope Wyrom, or whoever else can make the call, overrules this portion of the proposal, as clearly some of the GMs involved have so little respect for the other viewpoint that one of them literally referred to us as trolls, and called our roleplay "boring," and more. I also am personally open to compromise, if it means things not being implemented as currently proposed.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 06-30-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Naos' follow up response to someone is even worse:

You can still RP a thief. As it turns out, you don't need mechanics or even verbs to roleplay.
    Technically we don't need the GMs or even GS, we can all just write shit down on paper and tell everyone what we are doing in a chat room. What an odd thing for an employee to say about their own game.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-30-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Naos' follow up response to someone is even worse:

Technically we don't need the GMs or even GS, we can all just write shit down on paper and tell everyone what we are doing in a chat room. What an odd thing for an employee to say about their own game.
    Let's remove all critters and abilities too, because you don't need mechanics or even verbs to hunt.

(Methais hits a big green dragon in the face! Dragon dies and spills loot everywhere. Methais gathers all of the loot.)

Methais yells, "I'M RICH BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>roleplay nominate methais

As a matter of fact, we don't need a game or even a computer. Just close your eyes and picture all the RP text scrolling by.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-30-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Let's remove all critters and abilities too, because you don't need mechanics or even verbs to hunt.

(Methais hits a big green dragon in the face! Dragon dies and spills loot everywhere. Methais gathers all of the loot.)

Methais yells, "I'M RICH BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>roleplay nominate methais

As a matter of fact, we don't need a game or even a computer. Just close your eyes and picture all the RP text scrolling by.
    I honestly don't know how a game with GMs who are so openly hostile to their own player base has lasted as long as it has. Simutronics should be doing seminars and shit.

Simutronics business course 101: How to convince them to accept less for their money: All about fire extinguisher inspections
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-30-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Did they make the sorcerer changes yet? Can I have armies of skeletons and shit yet?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam