Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83

Thread: New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    5,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Oh you know, the part about a militia somehow being a single person. And well regulated being ill defined as whatever a conservative justice meaning what appeals to his political base.
    Look at you thinking a dependent clause has any effect on an absolute statement.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,342
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Oh you know, the part about a militia somehow being a single person. And well regulated being ill defined as whatever a conservative justice meaning what appeals to his political base.
    You’re ignoring, again, where it says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

    Here is 135 pages of citations of prior court cases that also say they didn’t rewrite shit, but rather, followed court precedent.

    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...0-843_7j80.pdf
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-23-2022 at 10:15 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  3. #13

    Default

    Seran we conservashits or toxic masculinity or whatever else is the MSNBC mean trendy PC word of the day…real men…we very much value and will preserve our God-given rights to be free & alive people in America. To do that we need firearms. It’s something you can’t understand. And that’s ok, because all you need to understand is the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Thank goodness for an ultra conservative court to come around and rewrite the constitution according to their political views! Not like that hundred year old law in New York or a plaintext reading of the Constitution matters. 'murica!
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Oh you know, the part about a militia somehow being a single person. And well regulated being ill defined as whatever a conservative justice meaning what appeals to his political base.
    You still think "militia" means "run by the government" don't you?

    You're a fucking dumbass.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Seran we conservashits or toxic masculinity or whatever else is the MSNBC mean trendy PC word of the day…real men…we very much value and will preserve our God-given rights to be free & alive people in America. To do that we need firearms. It’s something you can’t understand. And that’s ok, because all you need to understand is the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    Last I checked, God didn't inform his disciples that people have the right to own firearms. God /did/ however state plainly that his is the only right to judge the moral turpitude of others. Our Constitution meanwhile also creates a separation of church and state, which means Neo-Conservative pushes to pass legislation enacting passages from the bible as law is a basic violation of our Constitution.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Last I checked, God didn't inform his disciples that people have the right to own firearms. God /did/ however state plainly that his is the only right to judge the moral turpitude of others. Our Constitution meanwhile also creates a separation of church and state, which means Neo-Conservative pushes to pass legislation enacting passages from the bible as law is a basic violation of our Constitution.
    So I’ll go down to your level and let’s take God completely out of the equation.

    Imagine this situation: A 5’4” 120 lbs single mom nurse is walking home alone from a late night double-shift in NYC when a 6’2” 225 lbs male knocks her to the ground with evil intentions to rape and murder this woman.

    Does this woman have the right to defend herself? And if so, is that right granted to her by our government or does it go beyond that to something like survival & protection is simply natural to us as human beings? What kind of weapon gives this woman the best chance to survive such an encounter? And last, do you really think the woman in this situation should have to prove to the government her “special needs” and in reality be denied under any circumstances to carry such life-saving equipment?
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 06-24-2022 at 04:05 PM.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    So I’ll go down to your level and let’s take God completely out of the equation.

    Imagine this situation: A 5’4” 120 lbs single mom nurse is walking home alone from a late night double-shift in NYC when a 6’2” 225 lbs male knocks her to the ground with evil intentions to rape and murder this woman.

    Does this woman have the right to defend herself? And if so, is that right granted to her by our government or does it go beyond that to something like survival & protection is simply natural to us as human beings? What kind of weapon gives this woman the best chance to survive such an encounter? And last, do you really think the woman in this situation should have to prove to the government her “special needs” and in reality be denied under any circumstances to carry such life-saving equipment?
    Good luck getting him to reply and actually address that one instead of wildly slinging butthurt in all directions.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-24-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Good luck getting him to reply and actually address that one instead of wildly slinging butthurt in all directions.
    I try. But then again, wildly slinging butthurt in all directions response is good comedy on the PC.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Last I checked, God didn't inform his disciples that people have the right to own firearms.

    Luke 22:36, in which Jesus says, “Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.”

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •