Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone 4 (SIMU) changes / new currency / GS4 SOLD?

1. Default

They already ran off all the worst/biggest scripting groups, afk or not, with the lootcap so not really sure what you are worried about BLZrizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolwynn View Post
    Maybe the ban wave is paving the way for an attempt to cut out the middlemen and capture some of that revenue stream for themselves.
    If they start straight up selling silver and other currencies in the SimuStore then that's a good way to destroy the game I think.

The fact that this game requires years of game play to improve your character is a major factor for why the game has lasted as long as it has. If they allow people to do in minutes what would normally take weeks or months just because they whip out a credit card will destroy the game fast.

The fact that silvers, currencies, and experience can't be bought is the only thing really keeping this game together. Those are some threads they don't want to be pulling.

They already allowed people to change race and class for money though, so it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years they decide to go completely scorched earth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    If they start straight up selling silver and other currencies in the SimuStore then that's a good way to destroy the game I think.

The fact that this game requires years of game play to improve your character is a major factor for why the game has lasted as long as it has. If they allow people to do in minutes what would normally take weeks or months just because they whip out a credit card will destroy the game fast.

The fact that silvers, currencies, and experience can't be bought is the only thing really keeping this game together. Those are some threads they don't want to be pulling.

They already allowed people to change race and class for money though, so it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years they decide to go completely scorched earth.
    Eh, they could just make it like PLEX in Eve where you can also purchase game subs with it. Then there'd always be a market for it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That already happened with the DR rewards and look how that turned out.

I agree that egregious AFK scripting should be policed but not the "Oh shit my eyes wandered to GS discord because that is fun for 5 minutes but tough luck you punished". It is a tough thing to balance but I have no problem if they punish AFK farmers who have been farming for 20 hours straight on land or sea.... to be honest they should probably limit the amount of time a normal non-AFK human can play the game in one sitting if only for health reasons..... I am looking at you (you know who you guys are)
    Last edited by zhagen; 06-19-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Oh shit, I'm sorry guys, I almost forgot:

Ohoohooohohohoohohoho!!

Alright. We good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    AFK scripting is a pernicious culture destroyer and will eventually destroy the game if left unchecked. Ask the former DRealms players who moved over to GS. Regular scripting as far as I remember, is still good w/r/t policy. Individuals conflating the two are why these discussions often get derailed.
    No it's not. You just don't like it and would rather force people into a particular way to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogic View Post
    They already ran off all the worst/biggest scripting groups, afk or not, with the lootcap so not really sure what you are worried about BLZrizz.
    You're probably right here. I talked to former DRealms players who switched to GS and told me of a dead, sterile world filled with bots and I resolved to not let GS suffer the same fate to the extent I could help.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    No it's not. You just don't like it and would rather force people into a particular way to play a game.
    Yes, if the devs have stated said way is against policy. And plus it destroys the very thing that has kept a 30 year old text game viable. If I couldn't click on a name and know I could interact with that person more often than not, I would leave. I'm no whale but I spend roughly 2m+ bloodscrip per DR run.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Tolwynn View Post
    A decent number of players that script sell gained resources and gear on the secondary market to players that don't script, and that's not an insignificant amount of cash trading hands.

Maybe the ban wave is paving the way for an attempt to cut out the middlemen and capture some of that revenue stream for themselves.
    I always find it puzzling when this argument gets tossed out there, and it regularly does. When the middlemen pay you for the goods they sell someone else, and the someone else is paying you too, how can you not see that as a win win? Middlemen are often good for business. Not always, but in the case of Gemstone I'm pretty sure they smooth along some cash flow, for pretty minimal compensation.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.