Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Gemstone 4 (SIMU) changes / new currency / GS4 SOLD?

You get no argument from me about the whole "use of GS/DR golden geese to roll the dice on highly speculative development bets" is terrible mismanagement of the game we love. If GS4 resources were fed back into the game after paying staff very well, we would see some great things and perhaps some marketing efforts that would bring a couple new players in here and there.

Also can't argue that the development over the past few years has been relatively high-paced, so we are seeing some benefits. Stillfront is largely hands off, but the corporate pressure on revenue growth is creating some adverse effects for the game.

Also, I'd be the first to admit that I'd leave if Lich were no longer permitted. But I stay because I love the community, not because I can play an obsolete MUD more efficiently.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They keep saying some special "carrot" is coming to Hinterwilds, but given their track record, I have zero expectation that any of it will be worth it. Meanwhile Estild and Naijin will insist that it's the best thing since sunlight, and the usual Discord sycophants will clap like seals hoping to get some GM attention in front of other people.
    Just like Ascension super powers were coming

I don't disagree, but Simu's too stupid to do it correctly.

Exhibit A:

Lich: has ;go2

Simu: P2W mounts that are inferior to ;go2

Fixed.
    Exhibit B:

Simu: WE DONT WANT U ALL SCRIPTING!!!1111111one lkefjkewfwdejkqw qwdklwqklj

Also Simu: Rumor Woods is now live! ENJOY DOING JOUSTING, FOX AND PIXIE SHIT 773723624834943 times!

Interesting…

5. Default

Ok.

This information is quite interesting:

There's a couple of silver events, permanent silver drains and stuff related to silvers only that are on a different roadmap.

The "pay" related to this roadmap is close to 0 dollar. 0 as in nothing.

And your project will still be reviewed by higher peers and may be stalled / changed / canceled without notices.

Any work on silvers is basically discouraged by staff.

And anyone with half a brain knows that everything related to p2w is substancially paid and encouraged.

Will quote the excellent fallout new vegas: Game was rigged from the start.
    Last edited by Xcalibur1; 06-21-2022 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcalibur1 View Post
    Ok.

This information is quite interesting:

There's a couple of silver events, permanent silver drains and stuff related to silvers only that are on a different roadmap.

The "pay" related to this roadmap is close to 0 dollar. 0 as in nothing.

And your project will still be reviewed by higher peers and may be stalled / changed / canceled without notices.

Any work on silvers is basically discouraged by staff.

And anyone with half a brain knows that everything related to p2w is substancially paid and encouraged.

Will quote the excellent fallout new vegas: Game was rigged from the start.
    Wyrom is almost solely responsible for silver events happening because everyone else just wants to make P2W stuff and basically has to make other GMs work on silver events.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Wyrom is almost solely responsible for silver events happening because everyone else just wants to make P2W stuff and basically has to make other GMs work on silver events.
    Intermittent silver auctions are a decent way since he can "crowdsource" by requiring each GM to make 5 items and come up with a 80-100 item slate. It seems obvious to me that after Stillfront took partial ownership that the revenue afterburners would be primed.

Despite that though, one can't necessarily say that they aren't balancing game considerations. GUB was a huge revenue draw and that was mostly turned back to the players. Same for WPS, though to a lesser extent due to difficulty gates. Player services should be on a "curve"; the most skilled player in the game should be able to service the most difficult item and then scale from there.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Intermittent silver auctions are a decent way since he can "crowdsource" by requiring each GM to make 5 items and come up with a 80-100 item slate. It seems obvious to me that after Stillfront took partial ownership that the revenue afterburners would be primed.

Despite that though, one can't necessarily say that they aren't balancing game considerations. GUB was a huge revenue draw and that was mostly turned back to the players. Same for WPS, though to a lesser extent due to difficulty gates. Player services should be on a "curve"; the most skilled player in the game should be able to service the most difficult item and then scale from there.
    Players should be able to keep servicing items forever. Let people walk around with +100 weapons with 20 tiers of ensorcelling, but make the difficulty insane after the typical +50/T5, and make it so -500 difficulty potions don't work.

So like a +51 cast alone would add 1000 difficulty or something, that way the only way to enchant it is if a wizard uses a lot of suffuse. Sure it's crazy, but people in this game like crazy shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Players should be able to keep servicing items forever. Let people walk around with +100 weapons with 20 tiers of ensorcelling, but make the difficulty insane after the typical +50/T5, and make it so -500 difficulty potions don't work.

So like a +51 cast alone would add 1000 difficulty or something, that way the only way to enchant it is if a wizard uses a lot of suffuse. Sure it's crazy, but people in this game like crazy shit.
    I imagine the cap is in place on items to make it easier to create andd test new systems in game. When something has an absolute cap, you don't need to really mess around with what ifs and it limits your requirements for testing.

In actuality, an item could be 100x and as much crit weighting or damage weighting as you could imagine. You've all seen the +10000 damage weighted sword of DOOM! that some GM made once and messed around on the boulder with. Hell, when I was a GM I made a 100x +5000 damage weighted crossbow bolt (Which I had altered to be a 5.56 round that I fired from my altered crossbow, which was an M16A4 service rifle.)
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I made a 100x +5000 damage weighted crossbow bolt (Which I had altered to be a 5.56 round that I fired from my altered crossbow, which was an M16A4 service rifle.)
    Mb please.