Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone 4 (SIMU) changes / new currency / GS4 SOLD?

GS is not in the red, but Simu likely is. The screenshot below is from the 21 annual report.

https://imgur.com/a/NFx1lR4

This shows simu being 1.2 MILLION in the hole after 2020 (the supposed COVID year of plenty), and basically 100k of profit after 21. I wonder where the GS/DRealms revenue is going?
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Poured into the attempt to fast track a mid-tier mech game, perhaps?

If Simutronics revenue was only 30m kronas in 2021 out of Stillfront's total 5,455m kronas then that is less than half of 1% of their total revenue... plus Stillfront revenue increased 35% YoY overall while Simu's revenue declined 50% YoY? What's it all mean? Where did all the money go? Did the bans really contribute to that shift downward? Does Stillfront even care since Simu such a small piece of the pie?

Blog Entries

"Ok, the dragon riding game was a bust. Mech piloting thing is on life support. What's next? Two words, guys: Kart. Racer. It's practically an untapped genre."
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Imagine if most of that money went back into GS rather than life support for other dying projects. Shit, we might even have savants and elite ascension by now.

Blog Entries

Lol, the only people that could ban anyone from the game was a SGM or above.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by zhagen View Post
    Did the bans really contribute to that shift downward?
    Doubtful. I don’t know about Simu as a whole, but the GMs in GS for sure acted like the good times were here to stay during the lockdowns. They seemed to really think that they somehow struck gold in whatever it was they were doing to suddenly have so much revenue, they didn’t seem to understand that the forced lockdowns likely had a lot to do with the game’s revenue suddenly shooting up and that the revenue would likely drop again once the shutdowns were over.

Because of this they did seem to go through a period of settling personal vendettas they had with players, as well as pushing through some really dumb changes that they figured they could now push through since they thought they had the magic touch. Now that revenue is plummeting I have no doubt they are changing tactics behind the scenes to try and stop the bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Now that revenue is plummeting I have no doubt they are changing tactics behind the scenes to try and stop the bleeding.
    Might be why it is suddenly doubtful that Divergence changes will go game wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulfas View Post
    It would make sense. It seems only the GMs want divergence to go game wide.

Estild might not think "fun" is a legit reason to make changes to the game, but I'm sure Stillfront thinks "money" is a legit reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulfas View Post
    I require more information about this. Because fuck divergence and Estild’s other shitty ideas.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible