Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
it does help but what throws me off is in the wiki it says bind (214) is an 18th level spell which I don't comprehend and I have no clue where or how they ascribed certain levels to certain spells. 1615 is somehow a lower level spell than bind and that is what confuses me.
The spell levels are off because they're not the same circle. Looking at the page for 1625 here it explains the level calculation. Basically this:

Paladin and spiritual spells available to paladin (minor) are like level. So 1615 and 102 would be 15th and 2nd level respectively.

Spiritual spells not available to the paladin (major) are treated at 1.25 times their level. So bind (214) maths out to this: 14 * 1.25 = 17.5. Round it up like nearly all math in GS to get 18th level.

Hybrid spirit spells like Sorc, assuming Empath, circle are 1.5 times their level. So 708 would math out to: 8 * 1.5 = 12th level.

Non-spiritual spells are simply double their level. So 406 = 12th level.

For your lores on the equation that one is pretty simple to. Look at the Summation chart page. The equation given on 1625 says it uses Seed 2. So at the top row in red, the 2 is the column you want to follow. So your first bonus is given at 2 ranks. The second bonus at 5, third at 9, then 14, etc. This helps solve the equation because then we can dilute it down:

Max Spell Level = 4 × (Bonding Level - 2) + Summationσ=2(Spiritual Lore Summoning Ranks)

Becomes:

Max Spell Level = 12 + Look up our break point on the lore chart