Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POLICY 18 and POLICY 19 Updated per Wyrom

Default POLICY 18 and POLICY 19 Updated per Wyrom

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ents/view/4099

We are in the process of updating the entire POLICY command in game, but two POLICY updates are live effectively immediately.

POLICY 18 has some minor updates about botting. The big change is that all the penalties have moved out of POLICY 18 and into POLICY 19, which was severely out of date. The key takeaway is that we are retiring the three strike rule to a lockout and we are introducing a new form of penalty with more manageable consequences (such as removing the lifetime bans on certain activities like the Adv. Guild). If you're running multiple accounts, the penalties stack. If you're caught up with a group that aren't your accounts but you're all AFK scripting, the penalties stack. Lastly these updates have no impact on previous penalties and nothing is retroactive.

I have pasted POLICY 19 below.

GemStone IV Player Policy: Violations of Policy

Anyone found to be in violation of the GemStone IV POLICY or Simutronics Terms and Conditions, at the sole discretion of Simutronics, may be warned or removed from the game. Please keep in mind that GameMasters may not rely on a player's word alone when handling possible POLICY violations, however a player's history may be taken into account on any given violation decision.

This list is used as a general guideline by GameMasters in determining steps to take. The actual decision will vary based upon the severity of the decision and the history of violations on any accounts connected to a player's account.

First Offense: Players who receive their first warning will undergo a period of 24 hours where they cannot gain any new experience, silver, treasure, Adventurer's Guild tasks, or work the locksmith pool. This will be referred to as a timeout period. Additional areas will be added in a future update.

Subsequent Offenses: Every offense afterward will start a 72 hour timeout period like the first offense. If another warning occurs within 30 days of the last one, the timeout period will increase to 7 days. If another happens within 30 days of the last one at this point, it will result in a 30 day timeout period. Continuing this pattern, it will increase to 60 days and 90 days. In addition to the timeout period, a fine in the town they were performing the POLICY violation will be applied in the amount of how much silver they generated in that day. In cases where it straddles multiple days, a multiple day assessment fine will be applied.

Free Account Offenses: If an account is using our free to play (F2P) subscription or is on a promotion that gives them free game time, it may result in an immediate F2P lockout or a loss of the promotional free time.

Lockouts: Lockouts will be reserved for extreme violations of our POLICY, but the timeout period will be the primary penalty moving forward.

Wyrom, PM

This message was originally posted in Help for Players, Policy Discussions. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/210/2230/view/650

Discuss
    Last edited by peam; 06-09-2022 at 06:11 PM.

So....these new penalties are kind of weird. If you're caught afk scripting you can still play the game, you just can't earn experience or treasure or anything like that for 24 hours.

After the first warning it's only 72 hours unless the next warning occurs within 30 days of the previous one, in which case it's 7 days.

The penalties don't seem as harsh now. Is this going to encourage more afk scripting?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    If you're caught up with a group that aren't your accounts but you're all AFK scripting, the penalties stack.
    So if you're in a group of 10 afk scripters you get 10 warnings?

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So....these new penalties are kind of weird. If you're caught afk scripting you can still play the game, you just can't earn experience or treasure or anything like that for 24 hours.

Yeah it's so they can continue to bill you. All the scripting bans lately are probably costing them revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Yeah it's so they can continue to bill you. All the scripting bans lately are probably costing them revenue.
    Very true. These new penalties do seem geared toward keeping people playing, even after receiving multiple warnings.

6. Default

Very true. These new penalties do seem geared toward keeping people playing, even after receiving multiple warnings.
    They don't want warclaidh missing duskruin.

I don't get the group penalties thing. So if I'm in a war camp or something with 7 other people and we all afk, we all get 8 warnings?

After the first warning it's only 72 hours unless the next warning occurs within 30 days of the previous one, in which case it's 7 days.

The penalties don't seem as harsh now. Is this going to encourage more afk scripting?
    If it's essentially turning the time penalties into "in game time" it's worse, in a sense, as you basically have to keep the subscription active in order to work the penalty off. I think before you could just unsubscribe and wait the time out.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    I don't get the group penalties thing. So if I'm in a war camp or something with 7 other people and we all afk, we all get 8 warnings?
    That's certainly what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    If it's essentially turning the time penalties into "in game time" it's worse, in a sense, as you basically have to keep the subscription active in order to work the penalty off. I think before you could just unsubscribe and wait the time out.
    Wait is that true? Because that almost sounds illegal, or at least it should be if not.

That's certainly what it sounds like.

Wait is that true? Because that almost sounds illegal, or at least it should be if not.
    Why? You're still free to unsub and quit the game. Otherwise it's their IP, and you agree to their T&C every time you log in. In some ways it's better because you can at least sell off your items, whereas before it was a total lockout.

I mean if they really wanted it to hurt they would also make all your items character bound until the penalty is worked off for example. But they didn't go this far.

I think this is better for the game overall though. People AFK script to gain benefits, and cutting people off from those benefits is a more apt punishment than excluding them from the community. I do think anyone caught special event scripting should receive one warning and then a complete ban from that event.
    Last edited by BLZrizz; 06-09-2022 at 07:38 PM.
    Discord: Jivan#1805