Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Do you honestly think the school resources officer and two police officers who exchanged gunfire and were out front before the shooter even got in the school wouldn't have approached, or used lethal force if he were only wielding a knife? I don't think you do.

If he didn't have a gun, the body count wouldn't have made it past 2-3 if he killed anyone at all

I honestly think that you don't have a gun fight if both parties are not armed. That has no bearing on anything though to answer the question. So if he was wielding a knife he would have walked in much faster and unnoticed.

Lets be honest about it.. if you wanted to kill people you can make anything a weapon pretty quickly...guns arent the problem.
    Last edited by Realk; 06-01-2022 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Even if no one approached him, you can outrun a knife or bat and there is more physical exhaustion involved having to apply the force needed versus using a gun and more added risk to the user which plays into it someone would even think to carry out the action.

Without advocating one way or the other on guns looking at all these tools one is clearly more effective than the others and to me comparing them like equals in the same scenario just doesn’t jive.

I would always rather someone on the other side have a knife/bat over a gun just like I would much rather personally have a gun over a knife/bat.
    Last edited by Orthin; 06-01-2022 at 07:02 AM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Even if no one approached him, you can outrun a knife or bat and there is more physical exhaustion involved having to apply the force needed versus using a gun and more added risk to the user which plays into it someone would even think to carry out the action.

Without advocating one way or the other on guns looking at all these tools one is clearly more effective than the others and to me comparing them like equals in the same scenario just doesn’t jive.

I would always rather someone on the other side have a knife/bat over a gun just like I would much rather personally have a gun over a knife/bat.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Assuming the school resource officer and the rest of Uvalde police would have set aside their cowardice to engage? Assuming one of the adult teachers wouldn't have risked their lives to stop him from using a knife? How about the fact the kid waited until he could purchase two AR-15s and hundreds of bullets, when at any point he could have used a knife before?

That's why it's bullshit. A police officer would have put him down if he was using a melee weapon and no teacher was going to sit still while he systematically stabbed the adults and children to death.
    You really are dense as fuck. Try to keep up.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    I wasn’t talking about taking your guns so not sure what you are looking for.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You really are dense as fuck. Try to keep up.
    Your worthless opinion is noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    I honestly think that you don't have a gun fight if both parties are not armed. That has no bearing on anything though to answer the question. So if he was wielding a knife he would have walked in much faster and unnoticed.

Lets be honest about it.. if you wanted to kill people you can make anything a weapon pretty quickly...guns arent the problem.
    The dude was intent on murdering children. If he had a knife of baseball bat, the Uvalde SRO or Uvalde police would have stopped him.

The fact he had an AR-15 overwhelmed the capabilities of the local police, and he murdered children. The vast difference in armament and the cowardice of the police is what caused this tragedy, all of which would have been prevented if he didn't have a gun.

Are Seran and Macguyver tag teaming the crazy now?

Blog Entries

The dude was intent on murdering children. If he had a knife of baseball bat, the Uvalde SRO or Uvalde police would have stopped him.

The fact he had an AR-15 overwhelmed the capabilities of the local police, and he murdered children. The vast difference in armament and the cowardice of the police is what caused this tragedy, all of which would have been prevented if he didn't have a gun.
    Every human is subject to fight/flight and it takes a lot of training and real life exposure to those events to condition yourself against instinct. I would never call anyone regardless of their position a coward if they were in a live fire moment and could not act according. Should they look for a new job, absolutely; but should they be labelled a coward, no.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Every human is subject to fight/flight and it takes a lot of training and real life exposure to those events to condition yourself against instinct. I would never call anyone regardless of their position a coward if they were in a live fire moment and could not act according. Should they look for a new job, absolutely; but should they be labelled a coward, no.
    Police training should overcome that, and although you're right about right or flight being a biological instinct, that commander is now a council member after holding back his officers from engaging. The victim count likely would have been far lower had he not /acted/ like a coward.

Uvalde shooting: The cowards in Stetsons

Turns out, tough Texans in Stetsons aren’t so tough.

The excuses offered by police in Uvalde to excuse their cowardice only confirm their cowardice.

Nineteen armed police stood in an elementary school hallway and did nothing for more than an hour while an armed teenager murdered 19 children pleading for help and the two teacher
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.alj...ds-in-stetsons
    Last edited by Seran; 06-01-2022 at 01:23 PM.