Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

Unhappy 14 Mass Shootings in the USA Over Memorial Day Weekend

Amid calls for gun control after last week's massacre at a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school, shots rang out across the country over the Memorial Day weekend, with more than a dozen mass shootings in the span of 72 hours.

According to the Gun Violence Archive, which tracks shootings in the United States, there were at least 14 "mass shootings" in the country over the weekend, from early Saturday to late Monday.

The archive defines a mass shooting as an incident in which "four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter."

At least nine people were killed in the shootings, with more than 60 injured, according to the organization's data.

A preliminary count found that gun violence — not just mass shootings — left at least 156 people dead and 412 injured from 5 p.m. ET Friday to 5 a.m. Tuesday, the archive said.

More...
    To stop this level of violence, we need more armed citizens.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    So how many of them were the usual gang related shit that happens every single weekend with guns that were already possessed illegally?

That article is intentionally being super vague with details about anything they're talking about.

Amid calls for gun control after last week's massacre at a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school, shots rang out across the country over the Memorial Day weekend, with more than a dozen mass shootings in the span of 72 hours.

According to the Gun Violence Archive, which tracks shootings in the United States, there were at least 14 "mass shootings" in the country over the weekend, from early Saturday to late Monday.

The archive defines a mass shooting as an incident in which "four or more people are shot or killed, not including the shooter."

At least nine people were killed in the shootings, with more than 60 injured, according to the organization's data.

A preliminary count found that gun violence — not just mass shootings — left at least 156 people dead and 412 injured from 5 p.m. ET Friday to 5 a.m. Tuesday, the archive said.

Among the shootings over the long weekend was one Monday night in Charleston, South Carolina. Multiple people were shot and at least three law enforcement officials were hurt after gunfire erupted in the city's downtown, according to police.

Earlier in the day, a shooting in Philadelphia left two women dead and two others injured.

Philadelphia police said they found the two women shot in the head in Port Richmond just before 1:30 a.m., NBC Philadelphia reported. Both women died at the hospital.

A teenager was also rushed to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the shoulder in connection with the incident, while a man who was found shot a block away was taken to a hospital and was in critical condition, police said.

Take note of how they snuck this line in, which contradicts the headline of the article, and most people don't read past the headline because they're stupid.

I'd bet money that the majority of these numbers just fall under "gun violence" and not "mass shootings" just because of how intentionally vague they're being.

In before Seran drama queens it up some more.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-31-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Notice there's more violence when it starts getting hot. People with guns obviously don't like getting sweaty, so they murder people to cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Notice there's more violence when it starts getting hot. People with guns obviously don't like getting sweaty, so they murder people to cool off.
    GLOBAL WARMING IS MAKING PEOPLE KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Seran 2022
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Your soy levels are increasing exponentially.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-31-2022 at 03:45 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    What happened?
    Seran overdosed on soy again.

I agree that it's not just guns. As Donald Trump Jr. said this weekend, if no guns were available, the Uvdale shooter could have used a bat or a machete to commit exactly the same murders.

I agree that it's not just guns. As Donald Trump Jr. said this weekend, if no guns were available, the Uvdale shooter could have used a bat or a machete to commit exactly the same murders.
    That's total bullshit.

That's total bullshit.
    How do you figure, with as much time as the police gave him. He could have done it with a butter knife.. made a Pb&J and watched Ellen.