Thread: WizardFE Help

Default WizardFE Help

I been having some issues looting critters. eloot works but often lags. It will search however many critters are dead pretty fast, but when it goes to pick up the loot it just hangs for like almost 10 seconds sometimes, and then all of a sudden my whole screen will race by. I tried using something other than eloot, I made a simple script that just loots until you cant loot anymore and then loots the room and tried using this instead, but the same thing happens. Another weird thing is happening is... I'll be hunting and while I am running around I will look in my container (where I have 400+ gems), and then all of a sudden my screen freezes up for up to 10 seconds, and then everything speeds up real fast and then continues. This made me think its too much data for the wizardFE (yes I am nostalgic) to handle at once. Not sure. So I am wondering if any cofig settings in my WizardFE could help with this.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? also, I was looking at the config settings window in the wizardFE and I can't remember or dont understand some of the options. I need help breaking down or explaining what some of these options do.

Echo Commands Locally - ???
    Compress Incoming Linefeeds - ???
    Show Status Prompt - Obvious
    Show Cursor in Game Screen - Obvious
    Buffered Screed Updates - ???
    Auto-Sneak When Hidden - Obvious
    Remain Open on Disconnect - Obvious
    Auto-Switch Character Profiles - Obvious
    Use '<name>:,<thinkto message>' Shortcuts - Obvious
    Only Show Arrival of Players in My Highlight List - Obvious
    If Room Window Open, Echo to Game Window - ???
    Show Entire Room View in Room Window - Obvious
    Squelch Sounds - Obvious
    Ignore Yells - Obvious
    Compress Thoughts - ???
    Honor NumLock - Obvious
    Invoke Menu on ALT key - Obvious
    Use Script Selection Dialog - ???
    Don't Play Music - Obvious
    Prefix .CMD scripts with - Obvious
    Incoming Packet Size (bytes) - ???
    Don't remember Commands Shorter than _ Characters - Obvious

2. Default

Not trying to be a dick, but why WizardFE instead of SF/Wrayth?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but why WizardFE instead of SF/Wrayth?
    No offense taken. It's just what I grew up on and most comfortable with. I have Wrayth installed, not impressed by it. Don't really care about point and click features. However if I find my issue is because WizardFE can't handle this much data at once I'd be forced to switch. Never had this issue before I quit and came back to the game a decade ago though.

I'll be hunting and while I am running around I will look in my container (where I have 400+ gems)
    This is the reason. It's evaluating each item, each time.
    That and Wiz is just worse.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

5. Default

Try unchecking Buffered Screen Updates.