Thread: College Students/Graduates / Past and Present

1. Default College Students/Graduates / Past and Present

Just thought it would be interesting to hear from users who graduated in their chosen subject/career and has it had any positive or negative situations? Such as, for example, being told too overqualified, not enough experience etc.
    Has anyone ever gone back to college/university and studied something else because maybe job market has been tough?

Current Students: what do you like/dislike about your chosen studies? Do you have worries about future etc re career? Backup plans? Let us know. Older users may be able to help and advise etc. (non patronising of course; I’ll roar at them.)

If you’re happy to share, please feel free. Age is irrespective as title says past and present; share thoughts experience and can see the changes of today compared to back then. Just a bit of fun, please don’t post names of universities etc, standard rules apply.

I’ll post in a bit — having a whisky
    PS: only posted this here as subject of topic is college - anyone can join.

I graduated from the adventurer guild!
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

This might be the weirdest and most persistent bot I've seen on the forums.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Delashow View Post
    Just thought it would be interesting to hear from users who graduated in their chosen subject/career and has it had any positive or negative situations? Such as, for example, being told too overqualified, not enough experience etc.
    Has anyone ever gone back to college/university and studied something else because maybe job market has been tough?

Current Students: what do you like/dislike about your chosen studies? Do you have worries about future etc re career? Backup plans? Let us know. Older users may be able to help and advise etc. (non patronising of course; I’ll roar at them.)

If you’re happy to share, please feel free. Age is irrespective as title says past and present; share thoughts experience and can see the changes of today compared to back then. Just a bit of fun, please don’t post names of universities etc, standard rules apply.

I’ll post in a bit — having a whisky
    PS: only posted this here as subject of topic is college - anyone can join.
    I am completing two master's degrees and am grossly overqualified for most jobs I apply to or work for. The ones I do qualify for often turn me down, for a lack of experience, so I'm forced to work my way up from the bottom, salary wise - which sucks!

I dislike how mechanical course layouts have become, and redundant - and predictable. Exams are still hard for some courses, and discouraging at times. Overall, I'd say graduate experience is 10/10 for the quality lessons on grammar, analytical skills, problem-solving, and emphasis on logic and exams via Proctoredu.
    Last edited by Culem Winston; 05-20-2022 at 08:16 PM.