Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Cap UCS Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    All it does is FoF protection, which really shouldn't be a problem since you shouldn't be fighting swarms with UCS.
    Why shouldn't you be fighting swarms with UCS? Do you mean with JUST UCS? Wouldn't a wizard with UCS be relying on spells to help with swarms? Or couldn't anyone with ewave or similar disabler use that combined with UCS to handle swarms? I'm not arguing for the MOC, because that obviously isn't the way to go here based on what you outlined. But being a fan of UCS (and only having a lvl 28 Bard right now), I'm curious to know more. I have no experience beyond a level 40 wizard that I no longer even have, so there's probably a lot of things I'm just not aware of and the reasoning behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Why shouldn't you be fighting swarms with UCS? Do you mean with JUST UCS? Wouldn't a wizard with UCS be relying on spells to help with swarms? Or couldn't anyone with ewave or similar disabler use that combined with UCS to handle swarms? I'm not arguing for the MOC, because that obviously isn't the way to go here based on what you outlined. But being a fan of UCS (and only having a lvl 28 Bard right now), I'm curious to know more. I have no experience beyond a level 40 wizard that I no longer even have, so there's probably a lot of things I'm just not aware of and the reasoning behind them.
    I guess you would have to define swarm, I hunted him solo until about 90 when I paired him with my other wizard who had already capped. When he solo hunted if there were 3 or so critters it was not much of an issue, my macro to start ;combo has stomp in front of it so most everything starts out on the ground. If things get really exciting his core tap is set up with I think tremors then earthen fury, then maybe several chromatic circle, and I might have thrown in an elemental blast in there somewhere but it generally does its job in the room but uses up a large chunk of his mana, which is clearly preferable to being dead. So a swarm is doable, but mana intensive when solo.

3. Default

This thread has been reported for finger wagglers in the heroic and honorable warrior section

MoC isn't useful for a UCS warmage (as a priority) because you're not going to use mstrike in a swarm. You AE disable, then either single target UCS kill, or use 950 / 518. Spell aim isn't as high a priority as EMC, but could be a priority over SMR defense if you want the option to use bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    This thread has been reported for finger wagglers in the heroic and honorable warrior section
    If it is any consolation, I have a little warrior too....

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    MoC isn't useful for a UCS warmage (as a priority) because you're not going to use mstrike in a swarm. You AE disable, then either single target UCS kill, or use 950 / 518. Spell aim isn't as high a priority as EMC, but could be a priority over SMR defense if you want the option to use bolts.
    If he ever trains in spell aim it will be a way past cap like a 2 or 3 times goal. He has always been UCS and will remain so, mostly I guess I would like to improve his setup spells and enchanting bonus so it seems like spells first is the way to go and slowly work on EMC.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Probably want to see if that works in the test instance first, the wiki says MSTRIKE makes Celerity end and I suspect it happens before resolving the attacks.
    Unless something changed, Celerity goes away after resolving the attacks, so you still get the reduced RT for that MSTRIKE. But you can just recast it after.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    If it is any consolation, I have a little warrior too....

If he ever trains in spell aim it will be a way past cap like a 2 or 3 times goal. He has always been UCS and will remain so, mostly I guess I would like to improve his setup spells and enchanting bonus so it seems like spells first is the way to go and slowly work on EMC.
    Just shuffle your spell mix to have more MjE. Sleep is an amazing opener for UCS because EBP reduction will increase your MM. So sleep, dirtkick and 909 all help your MM a lot. 101 MjE is enough to ward most capped content for setup spells. 515 will make your setup spells 1s and increase your hunt efficiency. I'd do EMC, spells, perception, dodge, MIU/AS, spell aim.