Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedoanne | Caropedo | Pedobait ban & you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But it's ok to do with your own accounts? That's what the wording sounds like.
    I think that falls under botting or something.

They could also be referring to using remote access software, but it's Simu so of course it's another vaguepost.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

It is saying botting isn't allowed and all linked accounts will get warnings that pile on to all the accounts. Say you have 3 accounts botting, all three are busted, each account gets 3 warnings and you get an indefinite ban that can be appealed after a 1 year period.

The remote access part sounds weird, but it just means you aren't directly controlling that account.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And what exactly is a remote access script? Like Bob logs on his character but Jim can take control of the character somehow?
    So I think that this is sort of what they are saying here.

Based on how I understand Peggy's OSA commander and crew scripts to work:
    1. Each character joins the crew (could be an account on a single computer, or could be someone else's account) [join the group]
    2. A private lnet channel is created for the OSA crew
    3. Commands are sent over the lnet channel and anyone running the crew script will perform whatever action is defined for that command section. [Commander may say attack, and anyone running crew will perform their attack scripts]

I haven't actually gone out on OSA with Peggy, but this is how the script reads. It would essentially be full remote control of the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post

1. Each character joins the crew (could be an account on a single computer, or could be someone else's account) [join the group]
    3. Commands are sent over the lnet channel and anyone running the crew script will perform whatever action is defined for that command section. [Commander may say attack, and anyone running crew will perform their attack scripts]

I haven't actually gone out on OSA with Peggy, but this is how the script reads. It would essentially be full remote control of the other characters.
    Yeah, this is roughly right. I assume the public announcement is to explain why Peggy caught an indefinite ban (check back in a year, etc) rather than the expected 30/60/90 day suspension.

5. Default

Isn’t Bait/Peggyanne also the guy who had his female character explicitly rape another character while the player was afk?
    Last edited by Teveriel; 05-18-2022 at 03:57 PM.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post

So the in-game crew script interprets commands received from lnet? I wasn't aware that was even possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    So the in-game crew script interprets commands received from lnet? I wasn't aware that was even possible.
    Doesn't sound too dissimilar to a Dreavening.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Stacking penalties is dumb. Persecuting players for doing what is fun, i.e. building crews/armies, is also dumb. If simu had a vision, or the capacity to have a vision, they'd find some way to embrace it, particularly since it keeps those subscription numbers up. But no, lets just keep banning people left and right as we're down to the remaining 17 active subscribers. Had little to no interaction with peggy but a loss of any player is ultimately a loss for the game as that whole ecosystem just keeps on getting smaller and smaller.

9. Default

GM Bitchzel going on a banning crusade against all your best customers can't possibly backfire, sure it's just a coincidence that last DR was the worst DR ever, right? I know of several large groups moving on after getting banned recently. I personally won't be waiting for some bitch ass nerd with a vendetta to target me, I'll be selling off and moving on to other games that actually appreciate their customers instead of just milking them for cash for years before banning them.

10. Default

Also, indefinite bans can be appealed after 6 months per wyrom on discord recently, these are actually harsher than that and as far as I know peggyanne has never been banned for any type of scripting.